Disney's Mulan (live action)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Dear God in heaven, the cash grab continues. I wouldn't put it past them to try a live-action Robin Hood...but, but...based on the Disney movie! lol

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear God in heaven, the cash grab continues. I wouldn't put it past them to try a live-action Robin Hood...but, but...based on the Disney movie! lol
That would be terrible

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I think I would prefer to watch this than the animated one. Haven't seen the animated one yet.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

What did you expect? When the live action Jungle Book and Maleficent were successful, I knew they were going to live action most if not all their older cartoons.

I'm actually glad they have as they are still entertaining for my family and I.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What did you expect? When the live action Jungle Book and Maleficent were successful, I knew they were going to live action most if not all their older cartoons.

Yeah, it is the evil empire, after all. Nothing is sacred, whether it's absolute crap or not. They just figure it'll make money. Oh well, I don't have to give them mine.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mulan

Release Date: September 4, 2020
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Niki Caro
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Screenwriters: Lauren Hynek, Elizabeth Martin
Genre: Drama, Action, Adventure

Starring: Yifei Liu, Donnie Yen, Gong Li, Jet Li, Xana Tang, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Ron Yuan, Yosan An, Jason Scott Lee, Chum Ehelepola, Jimmy Wong, Doua Moua

Plot Summary: A young Chinese maiden disguises herself as a male warrior in order to save her father.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Maleficent was a stand alone movie and pretty creative from what I thought.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Cinderella was really the beginning, and to a lesser extent Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
My daughter talked me into buying this last night. Not a film I would have typically paid to see, but since she doesn't get to hang out with her friends much anymore I had no problem paying the $30.

It was decent. Basic plot that went exactly as expected. My daughter said it was quite different than the original version. Apparently this version was much more serious and did not have any musical scenes like the original. I guess I'll have to circle back and watch the old one now.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter talked me into buying this last night. Not a film I would have typically paid to see, but since she doesn't get to hang out with her friends much anymore I had no problem paying the $30.

It was decent. Basic plot that went exactly as expected. My daughter said it was quite different than the original version. Apparently this version was much more serious and did not have any musical scenes like the original. I guess I'll have to circle back and watch the old one now.

I'm waiting until December so that I don't have to pay the premium for it. I DO want to see it, but not $30 worth of wanting to see it.... ;)

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife and I finally watched it last night and enjoyed the hell out of it. Actors all did their work well, really good visual effects without going too far over the top, predictable but nonetheless decent plot. Pacing was quite good with some wow cinematography.

A really nice blending of Chinese and American style films. 4 out of 5 stars for us.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was horrible. Pretty much took what made the first one good and threw it in the trash.

In the original.little girls works hard, uses her smarts and lifts herself up into a hero and saves her country. It’s about overcoming

this one is just lazy. It’s pretty oh she’s a super hero and just has magical powers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose