Knicks @ Suns SL Game Thread 7/7/19

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Knicks should be ashamed so far , tied up against the sun's g league team when they got half there actually roster out there

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
better than I thought so far. The starting center is about the most un-athletic big man I've seen in a long time. He makes Joe Klein look like he's on springs.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harper seems to be a decent floor general. Could be a two-way contract possibility.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And they have not been able to practice or even be around the team at all until yesterday. This is far more an indictment on the stupid rules in place surrounding Draft/FA trades than it is with anything the Suns are doing with their picks, are any of the rookies that were traded and only joined their teams yesterday participating? Honestly if the league isn't going to allow players who were traded 2 weeks ago to participate in team activities they should really move the Vegas SL back 3 weeks.

Essentially what I meant. But even before, it’s always been a crap shoot. I mean last year we were “stacked” and thought we’d do well in summer league due to our up and coming youngsters.

One thing that is fun is the atmosphere. Just being in Vegas, meeting NBA people walking around the arena, and seeing players up close - even “real” nba players. They do walk around the arena.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Plus the Knicks are playing second year players and people that will actually play this year.

Most of our team will be working at Footlocker this time next year.

They better beat us.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okobo might not be around but him not playing much in a SL game doesn't mean squat.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't watch much of the game, only saw the last 2-3 minutes of it. I'm glad that Willie Green is coaching the team. Makes sense to put a player development coach in charge of things.

Surprised they beat NY. NY has more NBA players on their team than the Suns do. The Suns showed some fight and took things over in OT, which was nice to see. I like the 2 minute overtime period. That's short and to the point. I can't believe they go to sudden death rather than a double OT but that's Summer League for you. At least it didn't come to that.

A win is a win and I don't give a damn if it's SL or not, to establish a winning culture all games should matter.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I didn't watch much of the game, only saw the last 2-3 minutes of it. I'm glad that Willie Green is coaching the team. Makes sense to put a player development coach in charge of things.

Surprised they beat NY. NY has more NBA players on their team than the Suns do. The Suns showed some fight and took things over in OT, which was nice to see. I like the 2 minute overtime period. That's short and to the point. I can't believe they go to sudden death rather than a double OT but that's Summer League for you. At least it didn't come to that.

A win is a win and I don't give a damn if it's SL or not, to establish a winning culture all games should matter.
It's interesting that two of the last Knicks' draft picks both tend to disappear in games. Barrett was awful, Knox looks completely disinterested. They had the better prospect talent, but just didn't show near as much heart as the Suns especially in the 4th.

Harper played as advertised. He was who I most wanted to watch tonight so I never took my eyes off him. Positives were: good floor general, incredible finisher at the basket with his incredible length, quick first step, excellent hands on D. However, he needs to distribute more. Looked to score too much tonight. Was lousy from 3 point range and completely disappeared in the 2nd and 3rd quarter (legs looked like rubber). He also had flat feet on D. With that great length and touch around the rim I still think he has a decent shot of making this team.

Lecque looked all of 19. However, he did lots of other little things that will get him noticed.

Rice looked HUNGRY. I love to watch a player like that work his tail off to make a team. Didn't know who he was before game time, but he sure got my attention now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave