2019 Free Agency

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I knew they'd have interest but they really don't have the salaries to make it work unless they sent Chris Paul to OKC. I was going to suggest them as a potential landing spot until I remembered they have nothing outside of Harden, Paul, Gordon, Tucker and Capela signed. They could make a trade using Gordon, Capela, and Tucker for Westbrook but they'd be left really small afterwards. Sending Paul to languish in OKC would be funny though. They could be traded in a straight swap as far as salary goes. Including some picks might make OKC interested as well. Surely they'd end up looking to deal CP3 later on their own afterwards.

Saw a trade proposal on Twitter for a 3 team deal sending Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to Miami, Dragic & Justise Winslow to OKC. Both Winslow and Dragic are expiring. Miami might take the shot on CP3. OKC gets cap relief and most likely picks as well.

http://tradenba.com/trades/SyJKZUCeS

Nobody wants or is willing to take on CP3s contract. He is an absolute deal breaker and completely immovable. I'm not sure how people don't get that.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody wants or is willing to take on CP3s contract. He is an absolute deal breaker and completely immovable. I'm not sure how people don't get that.

You must be registered for see images attach

Which is actually a little less than Westbrook is being paid. I know Russ is at least 3 times the player Paul is right now but I wouldn't be shocked to see Paul moved in a deal that involves a bloated salary like Westbrook or even John Wall. Those are 2 of the only contracts I can see being moved for Paul though. It's unlikely anyone will take on that salary on their own but trading an equally bad contract makes it a bit more reasonable.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SC now saying Miami is one of the frontrunners to get Westbrook. Riley is certainly trying.

Oh. And they are saying that OKC might need to attach a pick to move Westbrook's contract.

It might not turn out this way, but I am glad I am not all alone in the asylum.

Oh and btw. Tyler, a resigned Oubre (at a high amount or in addition to Korver) and a first round pick works cap wise and is probably as good an offer as OKC will get for Westbrook.

They would a big expiring, a promising young player and a pick. That combo is something we ought to keep in mind as far as future trades--say around the deadline. Its the type of thing that teams like to get when they have to move really good players.

Some of the hold up might be the Suns trying to make sure they Oubre on a deal that they can trade if they need to.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Westbrook is my favorite player in the league and, if we're indulging fantasies, I'd love to see him with the Suns for a couple of years to find out if it can work. But now that I know he has four years left on his contract, I agree that it's the wrong gamble at the wrong time.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Westbrook is my favorite player in the league and, if we're indulging fantasies, I'd love to see him with the Suns for a couple of years to find out if it can work. But now that I know he has four years left on his contract, I agree that it's the wrong gamble at the wrong time.

He’s one of my favorites too, maybe even favorite. Four years left with up and coming guys like Booker and Ayton? Why not? It’ll make us atleast playoff bound. Then when year 4 comes we can try to re-tool while Booker and Ayton are in their prime.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s one of my favorites too, maybe even favorite. Four years left with up and coming guys like Booker and Ayton? Why not? It’ll make us atleast playoff bound. Then when year 4 comes we can try to re-tool while Booker and Ayton are in their prime.

I love RW but at his salary with the way he plays I'm not sure you want to pair him with your 2 young up and coming stars. He's going to get great stats but he's so ball dominant, his shooting is falling off and he's not the defender he used to be. I still say the first thing he needs to do is whatever he's doing to get that huge stop doing it, lose 10-15 pounds, lean out and I think his shooting and defense will get better.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Man that’s kinda dirty pool. The whole time the markets popping nugz make him out to be restricted, which has to deter potential suitors. And now that all the money is gone they rescind? Lame.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man that’s kinda dirty pool. The whole time the markets popping nugz make him out to be restricted, which has to deter potential suitors. And now that all the money is gone they rescind? Lame.
Maybe they just could not agree on terms. If Oubre was going to sign the QO, this is what I would probably do. It makes even more sense to do this for a player as mediocre as Lyles. Having a player on the QO for a year is just bad for morale, and you cannot trade them without their permission (I believe).

The timing is horrible for Lyles though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose