Jessica Jones (Netflix)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I thought this was awesome until about episode 6 or 7. Then I kept waiting for them to wrap it up. I don't think they needed 13 episodes!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this was awesome until about episode 6 or 7. Then I kept waiting for them to wrap it up. I don't think they needed 13 episodes!

Yeah... this has become a pretty common complaint about the Netflix Marvel franchise... stretching what should be eight episode series into 13. As a writer, I can’t complain for longer seasons, but as a viewer it’s pretty obvious they are stretching storylines paper thin.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah... this has become a pretty common complaint about the Netflix Marvel franchise... stretching what should be eight episode series into 13. As a writer, I can’t complain for longer seasons, but as a viewer it’s pretty obvious they are stretching storylines paper thin.
Luke Cage is the perfect example of this.

Although I would argue that both seasons of Daredevil didn't do it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luke Cage is the perfect example of this.

Although I would argue that both seasons of Daredevil didn't do it.

Definitely Luke Cage. Jessica though? Maybe one or two at the most shorter but for the most part to a lesser extent for me.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wha? That was six hours too long... and bad.

I get what he is saying though. It felt like it was rushed and not flushed out. I think that was a huge problem. They tried to jam this crisis and all these characters into a half baked idea for the sake of forming the TV screen version of the Avengers.

I hate to say it but the cross-overs in the DC universe network shows have been handled much better. It's the one thing DC has done better IMO.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Loving season 2 (almost done with ep 2). Back to the gritty troubled Jessica.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Had shoulder re-construction on Tuesday, so had nothing to do Thursday but binge this. I really liked it a lot. While I did find a great deal of the plot predictable, it still delivered. Lots of subtle (and not so subtle) undertones, and some great metaphors. My favorite is in the spoiler below:

When her mother passes young Jessica a tampon beneath the stall door, it was such a powerful mother-daughter moment metaphor that I had to just pause it and marvel at the good writing--pun intended :)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep getting interrupted. LOL. I am about halfway through. Trying to finish this weekend!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I accidentally binge watched season 2 yesterday. I liked it... of course there was predictability but sometimes thats what makes a show easy to watch as long as it isnt extreme.

The part at the end with Trish was totally predictable.... remember they said Jessica died two times on the table...and she got powers... in this season they said mom died six times on the table...and she got stronger powers than Jessica... and then Trish died twice on the table... super quick reflexes kinda makes sense since she spends so much time training and has ingested the performance enhancers... I never read these comics...is she gonna be like cat woman??... I am guessing next season is gonna involve some conflicts between Trish and Jessica??

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Haven't watched it yet, but my first question with any Marvel property--on a scale of 1-5, how good is the villain? Most of the Marvel villains have been 1s or 2s. But the first season villain (Purple Man) was definitely one of the few 5s.

Although I read somewhere that he comes back somehow.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Haven't watched it yet, but my first question with any Marvel property--on a scale of 1-5, how good is the villain? Most of the Marvel villains have been 1s or 2s. But the first season villain (Purple Man) was definitely one of the few 5s.

Although I read somewhere that he comes back somehow.

hmm... the "Villain" was good.... would have to say this season was not so much about villains as it was about many different folks dealing with their issues and pissing off other people because of how they did it.

Stout

Reaction score
hmm... the "Villain" was good.... would have to say this season was not so much about villains as it was about many different folks dealing with their issues and pissing off other people because of how they did it.

Exactly. I don't want to comment about "villains" without spoilers, so I'll put it there.

This wasn't a season with "a" villain, or even "main" villains, which is part of what I loved about it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody watch the final season yet? I am at episode 9. I am just so pissed all these shows are cancelled.

Stout

Reaction score
Anybody watch the final season yet? I am at episode 9. I am just so pissed all these shows are cancelled.

Unfortunately, yes. Why do these shows end up going out so damn lame? At least Daredevil was good when it wasn't Daredevil. Punisher disappointed. This last Jessica Jones season mostly sucked balls.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes. Why do these shows end up going out so damn lame? At least Daredevil was good when it wasn't Daredevil. Punisher disappointed. This last Jessica Jones season mostly sucked balls.

I am really enjoying this season. A few episodes left. I am not a huge fan of the "best friend" character and I think it's too focused on her but overall....I still love the tone of the show. I will see how I feel in a few more episodes.

Stout

Reaction score
I am really enjoying this season. A few episodes left. I am not a huge fan of the "best friend" character and I think it's too focused on her but overall....I still love the tone of the show. I will see how I feel in a few more episodes.

I absolutely loathe the best friend character, and it's not just too focused on her overall, but half the damn season is about her. The show is called JESSICA JONES; I don't want literally multiple episodes to NOT follow Jessica Jones. Plus the villain/villain story line sucked too.

There was some good about it, some cool characters and scenes, but that does not a good season make.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I REALLY like it. But I love the character. I don't want to post a spoiler, but I loved the ending. I really hope it ends up on the Marvel Channel, Netflix, something. The sister angle, not so thrilled about that character. She never became likable enough for me. Like the pop in by another Marvel character.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really liked the season but too much Trish. Still love the character and the show. I seriously hope it comes back in some form.

I have a feeling the writers were trying to isolate her character a bit for what was coming next season. She can't lean on Trish. She can't lean on her stepmother. Luke Cage is off on something new. Danny's location is unkown. She takes step further towards understanding her place. Feels like a setup for what was supposed to come next. The ending also made me wonder if there was a plan to somehow bring back Killgrave in some form.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Just finished it. It was okay. Not a fan of that final scene either.

Also, wasn’t a fan of:

that Luke Cage appearance, it felt really forced. Also, the folks on set couldn’t fix his tie?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I am about halfway through. Not digging them splitting episodes just to cover the same events from Trish's perspective.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I don't think I can do a 3rd season. I liked the beginning of seasons 1 & 2, but they just dragged on.