Kawhi and George to Clippers

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
And they all beat up on the Clippers. I do not want to be the new Clippers.
Lol. Right now I am more confident in the core we have now than anything the old Clippers put out under Sterling. Say what you want about Sarver, but the he’s no Sterling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Houston actually allowed this idea to form by trading for CP3 along with Detroit for Blake Griffin. Then they collected assets in the Tobias Harris trade. Just unbelievable.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He didn't force his way out, there was never a peep about any of this, if Kawhi had signed with the Lakers or Raptors then George is still in OKC and no one is the wiser.
Yes. The whole league is mourning for OKC who just got a huge, huge, haul for him. OKC was negotiating from one of the greatest positions of strength ever. So not too worried.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Houston actually allowed this idea to form by trading for CP3 along with Detroit for Blake Griffin. Then they collected assets in the Tobias Harris trade. Just unbelievable.

The Lakers also did that idiotic mid season trade with them. The Lakers are lucky they have their reputation and location gifting them talent, because their current front office is a train wreck.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hats off to the Clippers for having an air tight front office. I gotta imagine that part of their pitch to Kawhi was "if you come here we will get Paul George too".

Sounds like it as more Kawhi telling them he'd sign if they got PG and was giving them the time they needed to pull it off.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like it as more Kawhi telling them he'd sign if they got PG and was giving them the time they needed to pull it off.
Reports are that Kahwi actually met with PG, recruited him, then PG asked for a trade, and then the teams began negotiating.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Still kept it air tight. If the same situation happened with the Lakers it would have been all over the air, every detail of the back and forth negotiation spilling out in live time, culminating in Magic Johnson calling into shows offering to mediate.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sixers lost Jimmy, but added some talent too. Bucks lost Brogdon. Miami is only marginally better. The Nets are only marginally better this year and who knows next year (achilles uncertainty).

Sixers added Horford, will play him at PF and Harris at SF.

I like Indiana next year. They added Brogdon and also get Oladipo back.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just think, next year there will be a slew of new Clipper fans who have no idea who Donald Sterling is/was, which would normally be a good thing but at the same time, there will be a slew of new Clipper fans who don't know who Donald Sterling was.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Lol how, he didn't make a super team on LA the NBA is wide open, like why in Earth would you think that? You a Lakers fan hahahhahahaha
Yeah, what I like about this is that now there really aren't any super teams in the league this year. Had Kawhi gone to the Lakers that would have been the only "super team" in the league. Would have preferred he stayed in the east with the Raptors, but at least with the Clippers there is still some question as to who the favorite will be to win the title.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The Sixers are the only super team by names with Embiid, Simmons, Harris and Horford they have 1 super star and 3 allstars to borderline allstars.

Golden State also has 1+3. no other team
I can think of has more than 2 maybe 3 if you rate Lou Williams highly.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Full year of Luca and the unicorn? That should be good enough for an 8 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see it. Even if Porzingis is back to his old self right away they still have a lot of holes on that roster. Not saying they have no chance but I would put them well below 50/50 to make the playoffs.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They aren't going to win one with all the teams ahead of them. Paul George wanted out so OKC supposedly had no leverage. Again, that's why you hire a veteran GM!
OKC had all the leverage. He was signed for 3 more seasons. That is why they got the haul that they did. Kawhi did the talking to PG, who I am sure would rather play with Kawhi than Russell. What does the GM have to do with most of this? You think Jones (or any another "younger" GM) would have just given PG away, or said "No, we don't want PG or Kawhi"?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Broussard is getting absolutely roasted on Twitter right now for his fake sources. "Clippers are out".

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I found footage of the trade negotiations between the Clippers front office and Sam Presti of OKC.

You must be registered for see images attach

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone else think these super teams are a NBA killer? Basically you got both LA teams and Golden State that are almost shoe ins for the title. The only other team that I see that may have a small chance is Denver and Utah due to there style of play.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Anyone else think these super teams are a NBA killer? Basically you got both LA teams and Golden State that are almost shoe ins for the title. The only other team that I see that may have a small chance is Denver and Utah due to there style of play.
It's a lot better than the GS team the last few years. At least now there are about a handful of teams that have a realistic chance of winning. Just wish they were more spread out between the 2 conferences.