2019 Free Agency

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is absurd is thinking adding 3 to 4 good players to your Core of 3 is less difficult than getting your 3rd Core player to begin with. It's much easier to find complimentary players to your CORE than finding your CORE to begin with. If that wasn't the case every team would have their 3 CORE Players no problem.

Those opportunities are rare. So if the opportunity presents itself it's worth the risk.

While I agree in general, I disagree on this because I don't believe Russell would be a good fit with Booker. They both love to penetrate and take the mid range shot and with Ayton roaming down low, that's just a too crowded lane IMO. We need someone that's either a traditional point guard or is a ball handling combo guard that can catch and shoot from distance. Booker can do that for whomever he's paired with but he needs that back too IMO.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I agree in general, I disagree on this because I don't believe Russell would be a good fit with Booker. They both love to penetrate and take the mid range shot and with Ayton roaming down low, that's just a too crowded lane IMO. We need someone that's either a traditional point guard or is a ball handling combo guard that can catch and shoot from distance. Booker can do that for whomever he's paired with but he needs that back too IMO.

I believe players that are 23 are not inflexible or immovable. In today’s NBA there are plenty of basketballs to go around for Booker, Ayton and Dlo to get theirs. Dlos scoring would take a ton of pressure off of Booker and he passes enough to get others involved. Rubio to be effective has to penetrate. His effectiveness drops off the map if he isn’t doing so. More than 50% of his assists happen at the rim.

So Rubio or any other pass first guard would have the same effect. I think the Suns want Booker to handle the ball less not more.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For what its worth, there was an article On AZ Central yesterday that PHX passed on DLO because they felt he would have been a bad influence on Booker. That in addition to DLO wanting to get paid and go to a contender meant PHX was out. I doubt MIN was even an option as it seems they had no way to create the cap space to get him. There was speculation that MIN could find a taker for Wiggins but if PHX had to attach a pick to get rid of Warren then I doubt some team would be willing to take on that contract.

The dumping of JJ & TJ was James Jones way of expediting the undoing of what McD built here according to Burns & Gambo. They mentioned McD and him often did not see eye to eye which many felt was the reason McD was fired unexpectedly before the start of the season in favor of Jones. They also mentioned that fair or not Jones may be given more autonomy to make his own decisions compared to his predecessor, but that marks progress for this team under Sarver's dictatorship.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What is absurd is thinking adding 3 to 4 good players to your Core of 3 is less difficult than getting your 3rd Core player to begin with. It's much easier to find complimentary players to your CORE than finding your CORE to begin with. If that wasn't the case every team would have their 3 CORE Players no problem.

Those opportunities are rare. So if the opportunity presents itself it's worth the risk.

If the Suns took the risk and it didn't work, I wouldn't blame them one bit. If they play it safe, we lose Ayton or Booker eventually and another opportunity never arises I am going to look back at this off season and say they had an opportunity and passed.

That's a big assumption, and frankly a huge stretch to even assume the Suns had a shot in the first place.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
For what its worth, there was an article On AZ Central yesterday that PHX passed on DLO because they felt he would have been a bad influence on Booker. That in addition to DLO wanting to get paid and go to a contender meant PHX was out. I doubt MIN was even an option as it seems they had no way to create the cap space to get him. There was speculation that MIN could find a taker for Wiggins but if PHX had to attach a pick to get rid of Warren then I doubt some team would be willing to take on that contract.

The dumping of JJ & TJ was James Jones way of expediting the undoing of what McD built here according to Burns & Gambo. They mentioned McD and him often did not see eye to eye which many felt was the reason McD was fired unexpectedly before the start of the season in favor of Jones. They also mentioned that fair or not Jones may be given more autonomy to make his own decisions compared to his predecessor, but that marks progress for this team under Sarver's dictatorship.

Local radio basically said that was a ******** article. Gambo said that literally no one thinks DLo is a bad kids, he works really hard and is a team leader.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a big assumption, and frankly a huge stretch to even assume the Suns had a shot in the first place.

How so? Most of what happens behind closed doors we never hear about including people we want to go after, tried to go after and could have acquired. That’s true of players we shop as well.

Franchises do their best not to piss off the fans. Maybe there was nothing to it but you don’t know that either.

Besides I really wasn’t focusing on the validity of the rumors. That’s a different discussion. I think in general where there is smoke there is fire.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Local radio basically said that was a ******** article. Gambo said that literally no one thinks DLo is a bad kids, he works really hard and is a team leader.
It was the the AZcentral beatwriter for the Suns that wrote that article. He is supposedly the guy with the most official access. It’s kind of hard to explain that away.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It was the the AZcentral beatwriter for the Suns that wrote that article. He is supposedly the guy with the most official access. It’s kind of hard to explain that away.

Gambo also went into how Bush league and damaging this article is. Made Booker, Suns, and DLo look bad.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look like there are going to be any NBA fireworks on July 4th but there is this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck Amare.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Kawhi Leonard may announce his plans on Friday.

"I think he's going to make an announcement on Friday," said Cris Carter on First Things First. "The process was, it didn't start for him at 6 PM, even though his camp and Magic they made plans as far as having a discussion on Sunday. They planned on meeting with the Lakers and Clippers on Monday and Tuesday in free agency. After that, they would meet with the Knicks and Brooklyn, and then ultimately meet with Toronto.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...His-Scheduled-Plan-Decision-Could-Come-Friday

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bring him back for a few minutes a game. ;)

I travel down that avenue as well. Have to accept it's not happening. It's sad that injury hurt his career.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I travel down that avenue as well. Have to accept it's not happening. It's sad that injury hurt his career.
Just like Grant Hill and Danny Manning. Those guys don't get hurt we are talking first ballot HOF players easy. Arguably they wouldn't be on the Suns if they had not got hurt, either.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Just like Grant Hill and Danny Manning. Those guys don't get hurt we are talking first ballot HOF players easy. Arguably they wouldn't be on the Suns if they had not got hurt, either.

Actually, Grant Hill was a first ballot HOFer, I believe.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm actually amazed Duane Rankin wrote that article. Pretty easy for the Suns to blackball him and not allow access to him. Could be damaging to AZCentral, who I imagine is struggling as it is.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Good luck Amare.

Got to love the clickbait pages. We should start our own:

“You won’t believe how big Oliver Miller is now”

“Robert Horry says “yeah, i’d check Nash into the scorers table if I had another chance”

“Cliff Robison admits to smoking weed during his time as an NBA player”

“Tim Duncan gets special award at the NBA honors ceremony for never committing a foul in his entire career”

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
I barely get to watch Suns games as it is, I haven’t seen much about the Morris twins. There Stats seem okay, so I’m assuming that they are still problem child’s?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I barely get to watch Suns games as it is, I haven’t seen much about the Morris twins. There Stats seem okay, so I’m assuming that they are still problem child’s?

They aren't as bad now that they're separate. Marcus has become a PF and Markieff's game grew old, quick. Marcus was always a big 3 and a little slow for that position but he works well as a PF in today's NBA. He was the better outside shooter also. Markieff still tries to play from the post and shrinks on the glass also. I haven't seen nearly as much of Markieff with him in Washington, primarily, but I've seen a decent amount of Marcus and it's weird how the NBA changed during their last contracts. Over the course of 5 years though Markieff's game was ancient and Marcus' made him an ideal PF for a team looking for a role playing stretch 4.