The Sandman (Netflix)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Sandman (Netflix)

Breaking News: Sandman TV Series Coming to Netflix

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/07/01/breaking-news-sandman-tv-series-coming-to-netflix

You must be registered for see images attach

Morpheus, the raven-haired Lord of Dreams, has existed for much of creation and has traveled far and wide throughout that time. His presence has been felt at the dawn of mankind, in the discoveries of the European Renaissance, along the abandoned corridors of hell, in the myths of feudal Japan and along London streets on the eve of the new Millenium. He’s been nearly everywhere, it seems. So, perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised to learn he’ll soon be seen on Netflix.

Yes, for the first time since his introduction in 1988, Neil Gaiman’s The Sandman will live in a medium other than comics. Confirmed today by Netflix, the beloved and highly influential comic fantasy has received a series order for a live action TV show from executive producers Gaiman, Allan Heinberg and David S. Goyer. While very little is known about the direction of the series, the award-winning comic was written for mature readers and unspooled as a combination of standalone and serialized stories that introduced Morpehus and his six equally compelling siblings.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh, Gaiman has lost a lot of credit in recent years, so I can't be excited about this.

What do you mean?

I read the books and they were amazing but I don’t have high hopes for this. There is just way to much to put in a TV show

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's not coming from me, but Gaiman fans I know. Well, former Gaiman fans. Apparently he's tossed all of his old artistic integrity and will do anything for a buck now. None of them want to see Sandman.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody watching? The visuals during the pilot were fantastic. So far, I am enjoying this just not sure where it's going. I hope the writers do. Lot's of familiar faces though in the first handful of episodes.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anybody watching? The visuals during the pilot were fantastic. So far, I am enjoying this just not sure where it's going. I hope the writers do. Lot's of familiar faces though in the first handful of episodes.

This is regarded as the greatest graphic novel of all time. The stories are from the late 80s to mid 90s.

I loved it and I had super high expectations for it. It’s was pretty true to the books. Some characters changed and they were well done

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I thought it was excellent.

But had enjoyed it infinitely more when it was largely a period piece. When they got to modern day I thought it lost its lustre a bit.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished last night. Love this show. Although, it might not be long for this world. Netflix is desperately trying to cut expenses and this show costs 15 million per episode.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose