Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Edge of Seventeen

Release date: November 18, 2016
Studio: STX Entertainment
Director: Kelly Fremon Craig
MPAA Rating: R (for sexual content, language and some drinking - all involving teens)
Screenwriter: Kelly Fremon Craig
Genre: Drama, Comedy
Website: STXMovies.com/TheEdgeofSeventeen| Facebook| Twitter

Starring: Hailee Steinfeld, Woody Harrelson, Kyra Sedgwick, Haley Lu Richardson, Blake Jenner, Hayden Szeto

Plot Summary: "The Edge of Seventeen" is a new coming-of-age movie in the vein of "Sixteen Candles" and "The Breakfast Club" - an honest, candid, often hilarious look at what it's like to grow up as a young woman in today's modern world.

Everyone knows that growing up is hard, and life is no easier for high school junior Nadine (Hailee Steinfeld), who is already at peak awkwardness when her all-star older brother Darian (Blake Jenner) starts dating her best friend Krista (Haley Lu Richardson). All at once, Nadine feels more alone than ever, until the unexpected friendship of a thoughtful boy (Hayden Szeto) gives her a glimmer of hope that things just might not be so terrible after all.

The film also stars Kyra Sedgwick as Nadine's well-meaning but completely ineffective mother, and Woody Harrelson as Nadine's History teacher, mentor and reluctant sounding board.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liked this more than I thought I would. Steinfeld and Woody were fantastic in this.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
My friend jokes that the only thing you can't suspend your disbelief over is that she's an ugly duckling at school lol

Loved the song the guy put on at the pool.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
My friend jokes that the only thing you can't suspend your disbelief over is that she's an ugly duckling at school lol

Loved the song the guy put on at the pool.
Agree, really good film and much deeper than your average teen flick. Can't agree about the song though :), although it was a good scene.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson