MCU: Spider-Man: Far From Home

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spider-Man: Far From Home

Plot: Peter Parker and his friends go on summer vacation to Europe, where Peter finds himself trying to save his friends against a villain known as Mysterio.

Release Date: July 5th, 2019
Director: Jon Watts
Writers: Chris McKenna, Erik Sommers, Steve Ditko (based on the Marvel comic book by), Stan Lee (based on the Marvel comic book by)
Producers: Kevin Feige, Amy Pascal
Production Company: Marvel Studios, Columbia Pictures, Pascal Pictures
Distributed: Sony Pictures
Music: Michael Giacchino
Cinematography: Mathew J. Lloyd
Stars: Tom Holland, Zendaya, Jake Gyllenhaal, Marisa Tomei, Cobie Smulders, Sameul L. Jackson, Jon Favreau, J.B. Smoove, Jacob Batlon, Martin Starr
MPAA RATING: TBD

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mysterio looks like a cross between Thor and Doctor Strange.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, I guess Spiderman comes back from the snap in Avengers: Psyche- Everyone-Who-Just-Died-Is-Still-Alive! :D

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, I guess Spiderman comes back from the snap in Avengers: Psyche- Everyone-Who-Just-Died-Is-Still-Alive! :D

Didn’t we already know that though? I mean nobody thought Spider-Man would stay dead. We didn’t know about Fury or Hill. Are those two characters shock bait though?

Actually what caught my ear was when Fury asked Spider-Man “you going to step up’?

That to me indicates some Avengers don’t make it. Why else would he need to step up? Tony has been his mentor and happy is still around.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was being facetious.

Gotcha! There were actually articles complaining that one of the producers spoiled Infinity War/End Game and complaining about it because they revealed the Spider-Man timeline. [emoji23]

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Any-Man was in the Quantum Realm when everything went down, so that’s probably why he wasn’t affected.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any-Man was in the Quantum Realm when everything went down, so that’s probably why he wasn’t affected.

Agree. I wonder how the hell he gets out though. Per the trailer it wasn't the rest of the Avengers as they were surprised to see him knocking on their door!?!?!

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny movie...and this really does complete Phase 3 in so many ways.

I didn’t see the scene where he told the police officers he was doing their job. I guess it was cut.

Mid and end-credit scenes are eye-opening. Wow!

There was a fan rumor that Fury was a Skrull since at least Age of Ultron because of the sandwich he ate at Barton’s home, and what he said about diagonally-cut sandwiches in Captain Marvel. I couldn’t really tell watching AoU on my phone, so I’ll have to watch that scene again when I get home.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else see this yet? So far I have two friends. One says it's good but not great. The other says it broke into her top 10 of all the MCU movies and even possibly Top 5.

@Skratchy_Seal, where does this rank for you?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spider-Man: Far From Home

Release date: July 2, 2019
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony), Marvel Studios
Director: Jon Watts
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriters: Chris McKenna, Erik Sommers
Genre: Action, Adventure

Starring: Tom Holland, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Keaton, J.B. Smoove, Zendaya Coleman, Marisa Tomei, Numan Acar, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Remi Hii, Jacob Batalon

Plot Summary: "Spider-Man: Far From Home" sequel will continue to explore the adventures of Tom Holland’s Peter Parker in the Marvel Cinematic Universe - the 2019 sequel to Homecoming will take Peter Parker out of New York for a European adventure in London that will reflect the global aftermath of "Avengers: Infinity War" and "Avengers: Endgame."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media