2019 Free Agency

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I call B.S. The guy almost puts up 7 assists per game. Which means despite putting up over 20 last year he likes to pass the ball. He would have worked out just fine complimenting Booker. That back court would have been crazy!

I don't hear anybody saying that DLO won't compliment Curry because he can put up 20 PPG and 7 assists?!?!

I don't buy it for a second.
Poor defense, high usage and not a great facilitator. That just doesn't seem like a good fit in just about any way with Booker and Ayton.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hoop Head, yes, there are a couple posters here, one in particular that are so overwhelmingly negative that I do question if they're more of a troll than a fan, but I do agree with Ouchie that no one's fandom should be questioned at this point for doubting the franchise. This has been a pathetic 9 years, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to give the team the benefit of the doubt.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope Cousins signs with the Lakers. He may be talented, but on the court he's been a detriment to every team he's played for.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hoop Head, yes, there are a couple posters here, one in particular that are so overwhelmingly negative that I do question if they're more of a troll than a fan, but I do agree with Ouchie that no one's fandom should be questioned at this point for doubting the franchise. This has been a pathetic 9 years, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to give the team the benefit of the doubt.
4-5 yrs...why does everyone keep saying 9? I don't consider 500 or just a tad below pathetic.

Last edited:

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope Cousins signs with the Lakers. He may be talented, but on the court he's been a detriment to every team he's played for.
Um he was fine in NO. SAC he was an all star. Last year he was injured....where does detriment come in to play? Him wanting to be traded? Please

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but IT has agreed to a 1 year league minimum deal with Washington. I know some here don't like him but I'm not entirely sure why. I thought he was a pro while here. It wasn't his fault that he ended up outplaying 2 headed PG combo. A more experienced coach might have made that work.

I was hoping he'd return to Boston this offseason and pick up where they left off. I hope he does well in Washington next year. He'll have the chance with John Wall missing a large chunk of the year because of his torn achilles last year.

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2019...ncy-washington-wizards-isaiah-thomas-contract

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
4-5 yrs...why does everyone keep saying 9? I don't consider 500 or just a tad below pathetic.

The direction of the franchise has been pretty consistently awful, outside of one blip in 2013/14. The final years of Nash were a waste, we were an aimless, hopeless team. That was followed by the Beasley led complete embarrassment, then we had our blip in 2013/2014 and from there it's been a dumpster fire.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Um he was fine in NO. SAC he was an all star. Last year he was injured....where does detriment come in to play? Him wanting to be traded? Please

In Sac he was an All-Star... while being a cancer on a terrible team that improved as soon as they were rid of him.

In New Orleans he put up good stats... then got injured and the Pelicans got dramatically better the instant he was injured and made the playoffs.

And in Golden State, outside of some isolated shifts, he basically sucked out loud.

He's a cancer, he doesn't defend, he doesn't make his teammates better and even on offense he plays at a snails pace that suits only himself.

There is a reason no one wants him.

Pleeeeeeeeeease let the Lakers waste money on him.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor defense, high usage and not a great facilitator. That just doesn't seem like a good fit in just about any way with Booker and Ayton.

Huh? Not a great facilitator!? He gets 7 assists a night. Only 9 guys in the league did it better per game. He had the 7th highest total.

Booker and Ayton would thrive with any PG who gets 7 per night. Not to mention he can put up 20 per night which takes a bunch of heat off Booker to boot.

https://stats.nba.com/leaders/?StatCategory=AST&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Huh? Not a great facilitator!? He gets 7 assists a night. Only 9 guys in the league did it better per game. He had the 7th highest total.

Booker and Ayton would thrive with any PG who gets 7 per night. Not to mention he can put up 20 per night which takes a bunch of heat off Booker to boot.

https://stats.nba.com/leaders/?StatCategory=AST&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season
Is Booker a great facilitator? He also averaged 7 assists. It's not just about assists per game as your usage percentage is directly tied to your assist numbers.

Also I didn't say he was a poor facilitator, but just not a great one and next to guys like Booker and Ayton I see that as a bigger need than his ability to score.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Rubio might be a better fit, "maybe"...The advantage to Russell is that he's a star player and a better asset even at 117 and more importantly he would have been able to fill the scoring gap when Booker gets injured. Booker has never played in all 82 games and missed 42 games the last 2 seasons.

Rubio should be fine though. The problem will be if Russell flourishes in GS while the suns win 20 games.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Rubio might be a better fit, "maybe"...The advantage to Russell is that he's a star player and a better asset even at 117 and more importantly he would have been able to fill the scoring gap when Booker gets injured. Booker has never played in all 82 games and missed 42 games the last 2 seasons.

Rubio should be fine though. The problem will be if Russell flourishes in GS while the suns win 20 games.
We just have a difference of opinion about him being a star player. I think he is a good young player with star potential, but he will have to increase his scoring efficiency significantly while becoming an even better facilitator to get that label. He could slack off a little in those areas if he also gets much better on defense.

He is somewhat similar to Booker, but Booker is hands down the better and more efficient scorer and Booker wouldn't be nearly as highly though of if it wasn't for that very thing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still trying to make some sense about Cauley-Stein signing for the minimum with the Warriors.

I would think he could have earned more money elsewhere and he has not had a big pay day.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm still trying to make some sense about Cauley-Stein signing for the minimum with the Warriors.

I would think he could have earned more money elsewhere and he has not had a big pay day.

I was surprised too. He'll be big for them, he's mobile enough to get up and down.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What is Kawhi waiting for? All the teams have made their pitches. I'm sure he had an idea going in to FA where he was going to sign. Is he really taking all of this time mulling things over? Is he going to wait til the last minute just because he can? Is he just being a weirdo?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was surprised too. He'll be big for them, he's mobile enough to get up and down.

The only thing I can think of is Cauley-Stein is trying to increase his value with the Warriors.

He can help a team. It's puzzling to see a young player take a discount.