Welcome Frank Kaminsky

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Need to get some excitement going for the Frank Kaminsky signing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He has my fathers game . . . at 50. But don’t sleep in my pops. He was still pretty good at 50.

Cheese, watch that clip and say you disagree.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has my fathers game . . . at 50. But don’t sleep in my pops. He was still pretty good at 50.

Cheese, watch that clip and say you disagree.

lol... it's a freaking carbon copy of Dad's game... without the elbows.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I never was a big fan of Kaminsky, he is too slow and soft but if he can maintain his 3P% from last season, he will earn his contract.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think I maybe would have preferred Bender over Kaminsky. Bender is younger, quicker, still can shoot, and can be a defensive presence even on the perimeter. End of bench guys so it does not matter much, but still.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think I maybe would have preferred Bender over Kaminsky. Bender is younger, quicker, still can shoot, and can be a defensive presence even on the perimeter. End of bench guys so it does not matter much, but still.
Advanced statistics show that Kaminsky is far better. And as much as I would have liked to have seen Bender with Monty, there is no evidence he would improve.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Seems like the Suns are sick of waiting for "potential" to develop.
I know I'm getting sick of it. How many kids have the Suns drafted in the last 10 years on potential that never amounted to anything?

A bird in the hand...

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Bender can’t shoot.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Bender's biggest missing trait is aggression.
Something happened confidence wise. There was a stretch early on when it looked like he was turning the corner. Then all of sudden he just stopped shooting. It took almost a whole season, stretching over two different seasons, where he would even shoot a three. I am convinced his confidence got really shaken. There is a story there. The last couple months of being here I think his plus minus was positive, but barely. Not enough to want to bring him back. It was just disclosed by Gambo yesterday the Suns were actually considering bringing him back before they brought in Kaminsky.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
As some of you old timers might remember, two famous comedy figures were
born with the name Kaminsky.

Mel Brooks and Danny Kaye. Maybe our Kaminsky can give us some laughs. :)

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
As some of you old timers might remember, two famous comedy figures were
born with the name Kaminsky.

Mel Brooks and Danny Kaye. Maybe our Kaminsky can give us some laughs. :)
Well, he’s got a face right out of Mad Magazine. What, me worry?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Well, he’s got a face right out of Mad Magazine. What, me worry?
Ah, Mad Magazine! Alfred E. Neuman. 'Funny stuff.

You must be registered for see images attach

It reminds me of their thought provoking humor. Such as the four pizzerias on the same street.

Angelo's - best pizza in the city. Luigi's - best pizza in the state. Anthony's - best pizza in the country.
Irving's - best pizza on the block. :)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something happened confidence wise. There was a stretch early on when it looked like he was turning the corner. Then all of sudden he just stopped shooting. It took almost a whole season, stretching over two different seasons, where he would even shoot a three. I am convinced his confidence got really shaken. There is a story there. The last couple months of being here I think his plus minus was positive, but barely. Not enough to want to bring him back. It was just disclosed by Gambo yesterday the Suns were actually considering bringing him back before they brought in Kaminsky.
Eddie Johnson was making comments on air saying that no matter what his teammates are telling him, he needs to shoot more and be more aggressive.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm not entirely sold on this roster, but one thing I like about it is they're bringing in guys who can actually function at an NBA level.

Bender is not a player who deserves NBA minutes. He can't shoot, his defense is inconsistent and the only times his quickness seems to come into play is when he's dribbling the ball of his knee or throwing it out of bounds.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. Is Kaminsky a pf or center? If a pf can he push Saric for the starting job? His /36 numbers look better than Saric.

I guess we are not going to block a lot of shots this year. It’s Aytons weakness, Frank doesn’t block many, and Saric has only blocked 58 shots in his entire 4 year career. It is hard to believe that a 6-10 player could block so few. Just standing there with his hands up should get him more than that.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose