5 white guys and Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KJ was one of the most explosive players in the league, probably the most athletic point guard in the nba at the time.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
SF Cam Johnson - great shooter, slight build, awful athlete.

Johnson isn’t known as an athlete, but he put up very respectable vertical jump (36.5") numbers and an outstanding lane agility time at the Combine, suggesting that he can at least match up athletically with his soon-to-be peers in the NBA... Plays with sound positioning and active hands on defense, though this is a fairly recent development and he’ll need to keep working on making those things second nature... Averaged less than 2.5 fouls per game his two seasons at UNC even while improving on the defensive end... Was 56% from inside the arc his last season at UNC through a combination of open midrange shots and a newly unearthed ability to use his length to drive past defenses.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arguing about the importance of athleticism now compared to 20 or 30 years ago is silly.

Practically half the shots now are 3's. Athleticism is just not as important as it used to be.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Arguing about the importance of athleticism now compared to 20 or 30 years ago is silly.

Practically half the shots now are 3's. Athleticism is just not as important as it used to be.
It's all about the formula baby.

(FGM + 0.5 * 3PM) / FGA

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Tell that to every MVP over the last decade other than Stephen Curry, especially the current reigning one...

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
And trump supporters:)
Did I run into a political board. I like my basketball political free and not snarky comments about half of my countrymen. I have the same feeling if someone was talking about Obama supporters. It has no place here. Pissing in the Cheerios of people to make you feel smug and superior is worst then so called trump supporters.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Underwear olympics. Trust your eyes (unless you haven’t watched cam). Similarly devin tested surprisingly well. But it was a surprise bc the testable elements didn’t translate to the court - and that’s the same with cam. Even today bookers athleticism results in more shots blocked than I’d expect to see from a 6’6 guy who tested as well as he did. It’s bc in an application world his athleticism disappears for some reason. Same with cam, but to an even greater degree.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

You’re concentrating on one end of the court. Athleticism is more important now than ever due to . . . “Practically half the shots now are 3’s” which means chasing players around picks, jetting into and disrupting passing lanes around the arc, recovery speed, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Did I run into a political board. I like my basketball political free and not snarky comments about half of my countrymen. I have the same feeling if someone was talking about Obama supporters. It has no place here. Pissing in the Cheerios of people to make you feel smug and superior is worst then so called trump supporters.
Sorry, nothing is worse than trump supporters. Except trump.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
it does suck to hate being scared for yourself, your loved ones and other people in this country who you don't even know but fear for their rights. it sucks a lot.
I’m multi ethnic half white half black, I have never experienced this. It’s a talking point that has no basis in reality. And for the record I’m a independent. Most of the racism I’ve seen is from the left. Let’s agree to disagree, and leave politics out of this.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m multi ethnic half white half black, I have never experienced this.

Good for you. Others, including me and members of my family haven't been as lucky.

It’s a talking point that has no basis in reality.

Jesus. I didn't question your reality. Way to be civil and basically just accuse me of being a liar for stating mine. But keep on preaching that we're the ones with hate in our hearts.

Last edited:

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Good for you. Others, including me and members of my family haven't been as lucky.
Not denying the presence of racism, but simple brush strokes of where it’s coming from is incorrect.

Jesus. I didn't question your reality. Way to be civil and basically just accuse me of being a liar for stating mine. But keep on preaching that we're the ones with hate in our hearts.
I’m not the one calling my Black Dominican mother a horrible person. She is black and immigrant trump supporter.

As I said let’s keep politics out of it, this is a basketball forum. We both got to say what we wanted. Let’s move on and enjoy this crappy team.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Lol... your list shows just how little you know about those teams.

You listed Rudy freaking Gay... you think Rivers kid is an elite athlete...

No. I won't try again, your evaluations are a joke.
Also if Harden is an "elite" athlete than so are Bridges and Booker. Harden is a crafty player with good footwork and decent athleticism, but "elite" is not a term that would be used to explain his athleticism.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m multi ethnic half white half black, I have never experienced this. It’s a talking point that has no basis in reality. And for the record I’m a independent. Most of the racism I’ve seen is from the left. Let’s agree to disagree, and leave politics out of this.

Great for you. I am multi-ethnic as well and know lots of people who have. Especially in this state. I am also an (I) and ex (R). You are full of crap if you think it mostly comes from the Left. That hasn’t been my experience or for most of the people I grew up with.

As delusional as that take is...yes let’s leave it out of this forum.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Great for you. I am multi-ethnic as well and know lots of people who have. Especially in this state. I am also an (I) and ex (R). You are full of crap if you think it mostly comes from the Left. That hasn’t been my experience or for most of the people I grew up with.

As delusional as that take is...yes let’s leave it out of this forum.
See both entrenched. So what’s the point of saying anything. As I’ve asked several times leave it out ..... basketball PS I also worked for the DNC for four years. Even the DNC internally knows that the they have a racist problem that’s why they have a whole department to spin it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.