Welcome Frank Kaminsky

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I would have preferred Rondae Hollis Jefferson I guess but this is fine.

Now we need to add a backup PG and our 2nd unit looks pretty solid

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ok with this, would have probably preferred Noah Vonleh, but $5m a year isn't bad for him. Is that the Room Exception?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, is this the exemption or do they think they for sure have a destination for Jackson?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gambo says were are not done. Supposedly bringing in another two guard. Not sure how money wise.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ok with this, would have probably preferred Noah Vonleh, but $5m a year isn't bad for him. Is that the Room Exception?

Yes, and I concur. Kaminsky is at least an NBA player, offensively, though I really think we need more defense, rebounding and toughness from the power forward position, especially next to a finesse player in Ayton. I would have preferred Faried, Vonleh, Davis (who went to the Jazz last night) or Lyles (who almost certainly is staying in Denver). For a Room Exception signing, I suppose we could have done worse.

Much like the Rubio signing, I think this is "meh". Not upsetting, but not really going to move the needle, either.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I hope Frankie has a nickname like honest Frank or something mob like. Could be good. I wonder what will happen to Dragan Bender.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gambo says were are not done. Supposedly bringing in another two guard. Not sure how money wise.

Well, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson played 2-guard at the U of A...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I hope Frankie has a nickname like honest Frank or something mob like. Could be good. I wonder what will happen to Dragan Bender.
If Bender gets nothing on the open market (and isn't tempted to go back to Europe), I'd be on board for signing him for the minimum as our last big.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this - I guess he does a lot of what Saric does.

But he is not a great rebounder, and looks to be subpar defensively.

We sure are asking a heck of a lot out of Ayton as far as rim protection goes.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'm not really going to feel very upbeat about all these offseason moves until (and only if) we resign Oubre. Otherwise, it just feels like re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this - I guess he does a lot of what Saric does.

But he is not a great rebounder, and looks to be subpar defensively.

We sure are asking a heck of a lot out of Ayton as far as rim protection goes.

Not to mention rebounding.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
If Bender gets nothing on the open market (and isn't tempted to go back to Europe), I'd be on board for signing him for the minimum as our last big.
Me too, Chap. It would be good if one of our top draft picks turned out good/decent. We've seen him do good stuff. He's no Tony Kukoc but he could be a quality rotation guy at C/PF. He's quick enough to play some defense. It's aggressiveness mostly. He's getting older and stronger and he'll play bench guys so that should make things easier for him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No - we have 6

Rubio, Jerome, Johnson, Leque, Melton, and Okobo.

Johnson is not a point guard, Lecque is almost certainly going to the G-League, and at least one of Melton and Okobo will be off the roster or also in the G-League. That being said, I actually think we need another 4/5 (one who can rebound and defend) more than we need another point guard or shooting guard.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
A lot of options here, including bringing back Jamal Crawford.

Trey Burke
Emmanuel Mudiaye
Jodie Meeks
TJ McConnell
Jeremy Lin
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA