Ricky Rubio agrees to deal with Suns

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think any wife would be okay (and very surprised) with saying she was left for Jennifer Lopez.

I'm trying to decide whether you place celebrities on too high of a pedestal or wives on too low of one? Regardless, I highly doubt most wives would be encouraged to know they lost their guy to Jennifer Lopez.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Not encouraged of course, but if they're first being left then JLo is both hot and wealthy so it's better than the secretary or some random ******. I think they would get more sympathy from their female friends when they hear who they got dumped for. I'd rather my girlfriend dumped me for, I don't know who she's into, say that old guy with the great smile and white hair, he played a doctor before he got movie roles, or that English guy who dated that blonde, Sienna Miller or something. I'd be, OK, poo happens. Such is life.

It would suck for the kids (they would get great toys and a pool I hope) but most for me.

This is rather far off topic.

Yeay Rubio.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Speaking of the GOAT do we send him a thank you letter for a saving Jones from signing Scary Terry? Sometimes you just have to get lucky... We could very well have Rozier and Dillon Brooks instead of Rubio/Oubre right now.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Speaking of the GOAT do we send him a thank you letter for a saving Jones from signing Scary Terry? Sometimes you just have to get lucky... We could very well have Rozier and Dillon Brooks instead of Rubio/Oubre right now.

Despite getting very lucky...twice...James Jones continues to demonstrate disturbing incompetence.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What was the average back when he was playing? It's all a ratio, right? Higher percentage, more attempts. Lower percentage, less attempts.

I think you are right, a player can still be great with average or subpar three point shooting -- great big men of the past all can fit that criteria. But I just think Jordan is a bad example because back in the 80s and 90s, 33% wasn't subpar or average in the league. It was 92-93 when averages started rising above 33%.

In 91-92, he was definitely what we would consider below average at 3pt%, but in 92-93, he shot 35%, 94-95 50%, 95-96 43% and 96-97 37%. He started tapering off in his last season in Chicago, but he was getting up in age and it was the beginnings of the faster version of the league.
I don’t know what the averages were, but based on the data e provided the top 3pt shooters percentages have (surprisingly) been fairly constant even back to 92-93. So even on smaller volume I’d suspect averages then and now are relatively constant too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not encouraged of course, but if they're first being left then JLo is both hot and wealthy so it's better than the secretary or some random ******. I think they would get more sympathy from their female friends when they hear who they got dumped for. I'd rather my girlfriend dumped me for, I don't know who she's into, say that old guy with the great smile and white hair, he played a doctor before he got movie roles, or that English guy who dated that blonde, Sienna Miller or something. I'd be, OK, **** happens. Such is life.

It would suck for the kids (they would get great toys and a pool I hope) but most for me.

This is rather far off topic.

Yeay Rubio.
This is nominated for one of the most bizarre posts of 2019.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Despite getting very lucky...twice...James Jones continues to demonstrate disturbing incompetence.
Really? Look at the Knicks moves! WOW! Supposedly EVERYONE in the building wanted KD, and the owner was the only guy that said NO! You think we hate Sarver. NY REALLY hates their owner!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don’t know what the averages were, but based on the data e provided the top 3pt shooters percentages have (surprisingly) been fairly constant even back to 92-93. So even on smaller volume I’d suspect averages then and now are relatively constant too.
I was looking at averages as a whole for the league back then and for those 4 years or so, Jordan exceeded the average, sometimes by quite a bit. But he was pretty up-and-down throughout his career, he was abysmal at 3pt% when he was a rookie and for his first few years, which is what brings his percentage down. But he wasn't poor by any means during his prime.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Really? Look at the Knicks moves! WOW! Supposedly EVERYONE in the building wanted KD, and the owner was the only guy that said NO! You think we hate Sarver. NY REALLY hates their owner!

Agreed, but there being one franchise where ownership and management is somehow more incompetent than ours does not render ours to be competent.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was looking at averages as a whole for the league back then and for those 4 years or so, Jordan exceeded the average, sometimes by quite a bit. But he was pretty up-and-down throughout his career, he was abysmal at 3pt% when he was a rookie and for his first few years, which is what brings his percentage down. But he wasn't poor by any means during his prime.
I was looking at Dan Issel's career stats. He was considered the preeminant big who could shot the three in the old ABA. There were articles at the time of how phenomenal an outside shooter he was. He shot in the twenties pretty much most of his career. That was considered good back then! Not just good but phenomenal! LOL. Times change!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Agreed, but there being one franchise where ownership and management is somehow more incompetent than ours does not render ours to be competent.
No but, It could be worse! :eek:

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
We'll see how it turns out but Rubio brings much of what I feel this team needs. Established veteran presence, distributor, true point guard (enough of this combo share duties Swiss army knife crap), not a hero baller. So he plays defense instead of being a good shooter. Can't get everything. I think it looks a lot better now with Rubio, Booker, Oubre/Bridges, Saric and Ayton. Then have a couple of shooters on the bench. Jackson (the sane what-if version) would have been great as a sixth man slasher, do everything guy, but we'll see. I think we'll get 30 wins, maybe even 35.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Plus I know you guys don't care about this, but Rubio in a Hispanic community, great marketing move for the Suns.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I just gotto say F Sarver and F marketing. Give us a winner you poo.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I just gotto say F Sarver and F marketing. Give us a winner you ****.

Not gonna happen I'm afraid. Winning 50ish every once in a while....... and flaming out in the 1st or 2nd round is our ceiling IMO. Sarver will be the death of all of us.

We have become the Sterling Clippers. The Knicks of the West.

It's a total poo show.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BTW, I wouldn't be shocked if the 3rd year is a team option, seems to be the case with a lot of these contracts. If so, I think this is a fabulous deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA