Darksider: PFF says the Cardinals have the NFL's worst roster heading into 2019

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were discussing this on Friday. Basically this is the number of average to above average players on your starting line up.

They don't count rookies because they don't have a prior year to base it on. So Murray and Isabella won't count.

Right now we have 9 starters at 70 or above. 65 or above are:

Humphries
Gilbert
Peters
Philon
Baker

I will be shocked if DJ isn't on the 70 or above next year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They were discussing this on Friday. Basically this is the number of average to above average players on your starting line up.

They don't count rookies because they don't have a prior year to base it on. So Murray and Isabella won't count.

Right now we have 9 starters at 70 or above. 65 or above are:

Humphries
Gilbert
Peters
Philon
Baker

I will be shocked if DJ isn't on the 70 or above next year.

And I’m sure they don’t factor in that we no longer have the most inept coaching staff in the history of the NFL.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It took awhile for David Johnson to knock the rust off, but by the end of last season he was looking like the guy who was atop of all the fantasy draft boards prior to being hurt. His stats may have placed him in PFF's below average category but that is more a reflection of the offensive schemes and the injury plagued offensive line.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It took awhile for David Johnson to knock the rust off, but by the end of last season he was looking like the guy who was atop of all the fantasy draft boards prior to being hurt. His stats may have placed him in PFF's below average category but that is more a reflection of the offensive schemes and the injury plagued offensive line.

David Johnson failed to get over 70 yards rushing in any of the last 6 games of 2018. He scored 2 TDS in that period. Never went over 4 YPC.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If your team was awful and you had the #1 pick you will, more likely than not, start as the worst team in the league, expect if you are the Cowboys ... than it was someone elses fault.

And no, I don't say our team is great, but hopefully not that bad as anticipated now.

Time will tell

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Who cares what the pundits say. Different year, different coaches, totally different team.

Bottom line is 5-7 teams that made the playoffs last year most likely won’t make it again. Just like nearly every season in the NFL these days. Those W’s have to go somewhere :mrgreen:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who cares what the pundits say. Different year, different coaches, totally different team.

Bottom line is 5-7 teams that made the playoffs last year most likely won’t make it again. Just like nearly every season in the NFL these days. Those W’s have to go somewhere :mrgreen:
I don't follow pro football to see how certain writers rank my team's players.

They have games for that. (& games are a lot more thriling than what some dude says).

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I don't follow pro football to see how certain writers rank my team's players.

They have games for that. (& games are a lot more thriling than what some dude says).
Yessir

Jeff always the voice of reason :cheers:

I’ll be shocked & highly disappointed if this team doesn’t win at least 7 games this year, IF it’s fairly healthy.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I don’t agree with worst roster at all. Plenty of talent on this team. In the mid 20s at worst. Ridiculous

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
go from 3 to 7 wins?
Some more "reason":

We could go injury-free. Or not.

Our opponents could go injury-free at key positions. Or not.

Kingsbury could outcoach Wilks by a factor of a-gazillion to one. Or not.

We could get lucky with our draft picks and UDFA's. Or not.

We could catch lucky breaks from the refs. Or not.

The weather could bite us in the backside in key games. Or not.

Summer is for fans to predict the future; yet there are so many variables that can make the smartest of us look like idiots.

We can (& should) hope that Murray will rule, Murphy will be All Pro and some unknown rookie will emerge as a future hero. But trying to predict pro football outcomes is a fool's errand.

Just watch, hope and enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA