2019 Bizarro Free Agency Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horford signing with the 76ers for 4 years/$109 million was a shocker for me.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers trade lebron to Phoenix for booker josh jackson 3 1st round picks

Now lebron is really on his own :)

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like what the Knicks are doing. Paying a player with a ruptured achilles max money to sit for a year and hope he comes back full strength is pretty crazy. Also Kyrie is a head-case. Signing those two guys would have been the Knickiest moves ever and they managed to avoid it.

They've got some solid pieces (not stars) on 2 year deals so if they finally show some decent play, they'll be in a position to sign free agents in 2 years.

They've been trying the quick-fix approach for decades and it hasn't worked.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I like what the Knicks are doing. Paying a player with a ruptured achilles max money to sit for a year and hope he comes back full strength is pretty crazy. Also Kyrie is a head-case. Signing those two guys would have been the Knickiest moves ever and they managed to avoid it.
So you're saying Brooklyn out-Knicked them?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They've got some solid pieces (not stars) on 2 year deals so if they finally show some decent play, they'll be in a position to sign free agents in 2 years.

They've been trying the quick-fix approach for decades and it hasn't worked.
Yeah. The Durant/Kyrie thing could backfire. The Celtics were worse with Kyrie than the year before. I am not sure that Kemba is a step down for them. The Knicks should never have traded Porzingis.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Demarcus Cousins to the Phoenix Suns for the vet minimum.

:)

I believe there's still little to no interest for him. Still unsigned with as much money that has been thrown around the last few days, while guys like Barnes are getting paid.

He isn't today's NBA, but he still showed some worth in the finals.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Russel sign and trade to the Suns sometime this season, i'm not sure if Russel can even be traded again this season? I'm really not up to date on the new CBA at all lol

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Did JCSunsFan not see this thread?

This is the destination for Kahwi to the Suns fantasies.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I believe there's still little to no interest for him. Still unsigned with as much money that has been thrown around the last few days, while guys like Barnes are getting paid.

He isn't today's NBA, but he still showed some worth in the finals.
Almost certainly if the Lakers don't get Kawhi, he'll go there. He's pretty much the consolation prize for whoever doesn't get Kawhi, although he probably won't go to Toronto.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah. The Durant/Kyrie thing could backfire. The Celtics were worse with Kyrie than the year before. I am not sure that Kemba is a step down for them. The Knicks should never have traded Porzingis.
I am with you on that! I looked at Kemba as actually a step UP for the Celtics. I was reading the players, and finally the coaches, had all given up on Kyrie by the end of the season. Kemba is supposedly a good teammate from everything I am reading. Kemba also like to mentor and teach the young guys on his team. I am almost think the Celtics are a top four eastern conference team next season.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Lakers trade lebron to Phoenix for booker josh jackson 3 1st round picks

Now lebron is really on his own :)
Instragram Lebron on his new Challenge! If he's REALLY good he can give Phoenix their first title. Anyone can get a title in LA. That is so old hat!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did JCSunsFan not see this thread?

This is the destination for Kahwi to the Suns fantasies.
Yeah. It would have better been here. I just really wasn't talking about a trade itself, but how sign and trades work.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am with you on that! I looked at Kemba as actually a step UP for the Celtics. I was reading the players, and finally the coaches, had all given up on Kyrie by the end of the season. Kemba is supposedly a good teammate from everything I am reading. Kemba also like to mentor and teach the young guys on his team. I am almost think the Celtics are a top four eastern conference team next season.

If they'd been able to keep Horford too, I'd agree, but currently their front court is about as ugly as it gets. I suspect they wish they had Baynes back.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a bizarre trade idea, the Suns trade Oubre, Jackson and two first round picks for Bradley Beal.

This leaves Rubio as a piece that wouldn't fit.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In a bizarre trade idea, the Suns trade Oubre, Jackson and two first round picks for Bradley Beal.

This leaves Rubio as a piece that wouldn't fit.
And the Suns in need of SF depth--imagine that.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's happening. Kawhi wants a meeting with Monty Williams. Says he is the only GM or coach he has ever trusted.

Suns are sending a resigned Oubre ($15 per for 4) plus Ty Johnson to Toronto in a sign and trade for Kawhi. Kahwi gets a four year $141 million deal with a PO option after 2.

Danny Green will also sign on for a vet min. deal.

Oh forgot. The final condition is that Sarver moves the Suns to San Diego. Sarver gladly agrees.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose