2019 Free Agency

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
No I mean now. They are behind Toronto(only if Leonard stays), Milwaukee, and philly. They are right there with Boston who has tons of internal issues and no big man on the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd put them behind Boston, kemba might fit that team better than Irving did but who knows :shrug:
Should be no less than 5th seed

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I'd put them behind Boston, kemba might fit that team better than Irving did but who knows :shrug:
Should be no less than 5th seed

Kemba is a pure pick and roll player. He doesn’t fit brads system. That was the problem the young guys had with Kyrie he held the ball too long. Time will tell if it works but he has no one to pick and roll with. Boston lost Kyrie Rozier and Horford. They gained kemba, that’s a net loss.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually feel worse for Knicks fans than I do for sun's fans, they go from possibly getting KD Irving and Zion, to randle and Gibson , that's gotta hurt

I hold my breath with the Knicks for fear they will mess things up but I know exactly what you mean.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trying to figure out where a big offer for Oubre comes from right now. A lot of money has been soaked up.

Despite 1Sun "hearing things", there is nothing about Oubre and the Knicks that I can find and they've now signed 2 forwards. Kings just gave Barnes 85 million, they're out. Orlando capped themselves.

Atlanta is a possibility, they've got money to spend, maybe Clippers if they whiff on Leonard?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I hope the Oubre signing is sane. If it is we’re looking at:

Rubio, Jerome
Booker, tj
Oubre, bridges, JJ
Saric, cam (though still not sold the string bean will stand up to nba 4s)
Ayton, Baynes

That’s a much better team than last season. We should see fewer embarrassing blowouts and more competitive games. Still don’t expect any giant leaps. Maybe 10-12 game improvement. So maybe 29-31 wins. The problem is unless Ayton explodes at some point or bridges or jJ exceed expectations, I don’t see that team growing much beyond that. Smaller steps forward like 5 games in subsequent seasons gives us a forecast of:

30-52
35-47
40-44

Imo that’s underwhelming.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I like Horford but that's a crazy contract for a 33 year old IMO.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I hope the Oubre signing is sane. If it is we’re looking at:

Rubio, Jerome
Booker, tj
Oubre, bridges, JJ
Saric, cam (though still not sold the string bean will stand up to nba 4s)
Ayton, Baynes

I have Oubre as the backup PF more likely than CJohnson.

Smaller steps forward like 5 games in subsequent seasons gives us a forecast of:

30-52
35-47
40-44

Imo that’s underwhelming.

The Suns are still at least one major piece away from being a team to get excited about. That player could come through the draft, free agency, or potentially even a trade, but probably not for at least a year. Not every team is on an upswing, and there's always a lot of player movement. Unless they get forced to give Oubre a monster deal, they don't have any long-term bad contracts. "Flexibility" can be an overrated asset, but it's a lot more valuable to a mediocre team than it is to a terrible one.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of these moves I hope the teams find themselves locked into salary purgatory.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Did Ashley Nevel delete her Twitter? Wasn't she the one promising big moves at the draft?

Sorry if someone answered already, but she got into it with some fans who uncovered a bunch of racist tweets from 2011/2012. She made her account private, I assume to clean it all up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have Oubre as the backup PF more likely than CJohnson.

The Suns are still at least one major piece away from being a team to get excited about. That player could come through the draft, free agency, or potentially even a trade, but probably not for at least a year. Not every team is on an upswing, and there's always a lot of player movement. Unless they get forced to give Oubre a monster deal, they don't have any long-term bad contracts. "Flexibility" can be an overrated asset, but it's a lot more valuable to a mediocre team than it is to a terrible one.
Yes I’d agree with this. And I’d add that book Ayton and likely Oubre and maybe jJ and bridges aren’t likely to hit their primes until 3 years.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Sixers spent a little shy of $300 million for Al Horford and Tobias Harris. The money NBA players are getting is mind boggling.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen so many moves in free agency nor the creative ways to sign high dollar players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be upset if the Suns do not sign Oubre.

John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987

He @KELLYOUBREJR is a really really good player and I hope that something gets done. He wants to be here in Phoenix and he played his ass off for this team when he got here. Suns have to keep him! I truly believe he can be a huge piece moving forward. Suns need to get it done!

7:37 PM - 30 Jun 2019

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I’d agree with this. And I’d add that book Ayton and likely Oubre and maybe jJ and bridges aren’t likely to hit their primes until 3 years.

this is where I'm at. I'm not excited. This was expected. But I'm hoping that the next three years are basically training wheels, where Rubio can help bring Ayton's game along and let Book settle into his natural position.

My guess is our upwards trajectory is 30 wins this year, then probably topping out around 40-45 the next two as our guys get better and maybe they rise even a little higher if this picks (which I'm dubious of) end up being NBA players.

But they've got to sign Oubre. Not signing Oubre and adding a bunch of unathletic white guys and Johnson who might as well be one to this team would keep us running right in place as one of the worst teams in the league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm afraid if you looked in the mirror, you'd see a fan of one of those teams.

The Suns haven't locked themselves into big dollar players over a number of years like the 76ers.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I'm going to be upset if the Suns do not sign Oubre.

John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987

He @KELLYOUBREJR is a really really good player and I hope that something gets done. He wants to be here in Phoenix and he played his ass off for this team when he got here. Suns have to keep him! I truly believe he can be a huge piece moving forward. Suns need to get it done!

7:37 PM - 30 Jun 2019
Couldn’t agree more. I will say what I have been saying for weeks. I will literally be crushed if we lose Oubre.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yes, if the Suns don't resign Oubre, anything "good" they may have done this off-season is essentially out the window. Without Oubre, they will be terrible again next year, if only just a little less so with the other signings.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave