2019 Free Agency

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The timing behind this is weird. I feel like something more will come out. Why retire 2 days before free agency starts? He was a free agency that figured to get around $10 million a year.
If you are retiring, you don't want guys showing up at your house today.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are retiring, you don't want guys showing up at your house today.

Especially with an offer that's hard to refuse when you want to do other things.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be tempted. $10 mil? How about just one year?

That's for us poor folks. I think Collision could have gotten much more on a multiyear deal.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think that is the number that everyone was expecting. At least that is the number on this site.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/phoenix-suns/cap/2019/

So no change in expected cap number. We are still at $13 million.
Ray Spalding was a 1.4 savings. We were at about 13 mil plus. This should move us 14 mil plus, right? I know we needed to move Okoboe or Melton, but ironically Spalding had the same contract number. So I am thinking we are down to "just" trading JJ or stretching Tyler Johnson to get to a max contract number? I am asking because, obviously I was wrong on cap number assumptions before.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ray Spalding was a 1.4 savings. We were at about 13 mil plus. This should move us 14 mil plus, right? I know we needed to move Okoboe or Melton, but ironically Spalding had the same contract number. So I am thinking we are down to "just" trading JJ or stretching Tyler Johnson to get to a max contract number? I am asking because, obviously I was wrong on cap number assumptions before.

Spalding was always excluded from the cap number because the Suns were in the driver seat there with a team option. The cap number is the same, don't try to figure what it is now without him because it was always reported without him included.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Spalding was always excluded from the cap number because the Suns were in the driver seat there with a team option. The cap number is the same, don't try to figure what it is now without him because it was always reported without him included.
See that's why I asked! Foiled again!

You must be registered for see images attach

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've seen the $14 million figure used.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a summary of some current deals we know about.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
UPDATED JULY 29 AZCENTRAL.COM

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo hinting the Suns could be interested in Rozier.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo hinting the Suns could be interested in Rozier.

It's going to be Rozier.

James Jones wanted him at the beginning of the year, he still wants him. That comment above all but tells you he has no interest in DLO.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I read somewhere this morning, with no good proof whatsoever, that Rozier to CHARLOTTE is nearly a “done deal.”

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would rather come out of this with no signing than a bad one. However, overpaying for a decent player is OK.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All quiet on the Sun's free agency front. They're either not doing anything or have their plans locked down. I believe agents are the ones who are mainly leaking stuff right now so maybe the agents who the Suns are talking too are also keeping things quiet. I hope.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read somewhere this morning, with no good proof whatsoever, that Rozier to CHARLOTTE is nearly a “done deal.”

The original tweet that claimed that was deleted by the author.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Indiana is looking for a PG too from what I am reading. Lots of teams looking PG. Should be interesting to see how it shakes out.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All quiet on the Sun's free agency front. They're either not doing anything or have their plans locked down. I believe agents are the ones who are mainly leaking stuff right now so maybe the agents who the Suns are talking too are also keeping things quiet. I hope.
We really do not know how Jones and crew operate yet. Could be doing lots of stuff behind the scenes. We just don’t know.

I still think we could end up with Rose.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am kinda waiting to see what happens. My response is variable. If we get a top PG and no PF and Oubre, I'm good with that. If we get a good PG and good PF and Oubre, I'm good about. If we get a lower tier Rubio, Beverly, etc, and a top PF and Oubre I may even be good with that! It really depends on the PACKAGE in whole for me.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am kinda waiting to see what happens. My response is variable. If we get a top PG and no PF and Oubre, I'm good with that. If we get a good PG and good PF and Oubre, I'm good about. If we get a lower tier Rubio, Beverly, etc, and a top PF and Oubre I may even be good with that! It really depends on the PACKAGE in whole for me.
What about what’s most likely to happen: crappy pg, crappy pf and Oubre

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave