2019 Free Agency

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Their win total peaked at the same win total as the Dragic led Suns in a weaker conference. Certainly not a team I envy.

The Suns have the worst record in the NBA over the last 5 seasons. I envy every other team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Russell is going to be with the Wolves if Kyrie commits so it's not looking good for Russell.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the sign and trade thing with Russell mentioned again.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is the sign and trade thing with Russell mentioned again.

This is weird to me - but it does open the door for the suns to more easily acquire him if they were so inclined. But I don't think they are - or we would be hearing about him setting up a meeting with the suns as well as the timberwolves.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I think it’s time to jump off the DLo train. There’s just not much out there indicating any substantial evidence the Suns are even making an effort. Just make an effort, Jones. That’s all we ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is weird to me - but it does open the door for the suns to more easily acquire him if they were so inclined. But I don't think they are - or we would be hearing about him setting up a meeting with the suns as well as the timberwolves.

I heard that the Wolves were a backup plan and Russell is in Minnesota so it doesn't look good.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I think we need to face the fact that the Suns are going nowhere, and Booker will be the next star to demand a trade.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
What has he been wrong about?

Got our draft picks wrong until right before they were picked, thought we wouldn't trade warren, jj, or the 6th (refuted next day by a national writer). Hell windhorst is saying that he was wrong in that jj had negative value

Literally EVERYTHING

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

The Los Angeles Lakers reached out to D'Angelo Russell's agents at CAA -- Austin Brown and Aaron Mintz -- to set up a meeting with the All-Star guard, league sources tell ESPN. The Lakers and Russell share a mutual interest in a reunion. Lakers have the cap space to sign him.

3:28 PM - 29 Jun 2019

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

The Los Angeles Lakers reached out to D'Angelo Russell's agents at CAA -- Austin Brown and Aaron Mintz -- to set up a meeting with the All-Star guard, league sources tell ESPN. The Lakers and Russell share a mutual interest in a reunion. Lakers have the cap space to sign him.

3:28 PM - 29 Jun 2019

Ugh. The Suns need to at least get a meeting.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think it’s time to jump off the DLo train. There’s just not much out there indicating any substantial evidence the Suns are even making an effort. Just make an effort, Jones. That’s all we ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He IS making an effort...to tank yet again...

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

Possible or this team is very tight lipped as we've seen so far

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Russell goes to the Wolves it seems like Teague is a real possibility for Suns.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Russell goes to the Wolves it seems like Teague is a real possibility for Suns.

Or, like lots of other teams, the Timberwolves will have multiple NBA caliber point guards, while the Suns don't even have one...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got our draft picks wrong until right before they were picked, thought we wouldn't trade warren, jj, or the 6th (refuted next day by a national writer). Hell windhorst is saying that he was wrong in that jj had negative value

Literally EVERYTHING

This is so wrong.

So he thinks the suns are going to be picking at 6 - which they were till an hour before the draft when they get an offer to trade down with Minnesota - which by the way he said they could possibly trade down with earlier in the week.

He is not wrong about the draft picks because no one knew they were trading down until minutes before it happened.

He has been saying we were going to trade JJ and Warren for MONTHS - the fact you think he was not means you are not listening to him.

JJ has not been traded - but common sense is he does have negative value. How could he not - he is literally one of the most inefficent players in the league and has a salary of 7 million, and he has had two incidents off court in the last 2 months.

I don't care what windhorst is saying - he is wrong - if jackson did not have negative value he would have already been traded.

Gambo is also saying Melton will be traded very soon, and won't be on the summer league roster. Wanna bet he is wrong on that one?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is so wrong.

So he thinks the suns are going to be picking at 6 - which they were till an hour before the draft when they get an offer to trade down with Minnesota - which by the way he said they could possibly trade down with earlier in the week.

He is not wrong about the draft picks because no one knew they were trading down until minutes before it happened.

He has been saying we were going to trade JJ and Warren for MONTHS - the fact you think he was not means you are not listening to him.

JJ has not been traded - but common sense is he does have negative value. How could he not - he is literally one of the most inefficent players in the league and has a salary of 7 million, and he has had two incidents off court in the last 2 months.

I don't care what windhorst is saying - he is wrong - if jackson did not have negative value he would have already been traded.

Gambo is also saying Melton will be traded very soon, and won't be on the summer league roster. Wanna bet he is wrong on that one?

Well, the Suns ARE about to sign a Melton clone for $8-10 million per season, so...

After all, why pay $900,000 for Melton when you can pay ten times that for the same bloody player?

And people wonder why the Suns have been so awful for so long...

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Interesting stuff here if true...this guy is a writer for The Athletic.

I'm not really high on Rozier, but I could talk myself into him as an UFA back-up plan to DLo, given the alternatives.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I'm not really high on Rozier, but I could talk myself into him as an UFA back-up plan to DLo, given the alternatives.

Rozier is better than Cory Joseph, but that's not saying much.

I would rather have Beverley, Rubio, Wright, Tyus Jones, Teague or Rose before even considering Rozier.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yuck on Rozier. Particularly if we tie up substantial money to land him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It sounds like the Suns do have interest in Russell but the Suns are not his first option.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave