2019 Free Agency

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Gambo thought Collison was an option for the Suns. One less option.

John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987

Collision was not only an option for the Suns but for the Lakers if they missed out on Kawhi Leonard and D’Angelo Russel. With him retiring I expect Lakers backup plan at point guard should they fail to land Kawhi or D’Angelo to include Goran Dragic via trade with Miami.

9:50 AM - 29 Jun 2019

It appears this tweet has now been deleted.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the tweet is back up.

Collision was not only an option for the Suns but for the Lakers if they missed out on Kawhi Leonard and D’Angelo Russell. With him retiring I expect Lakers backup plan at point guard should they fail to land Kawhi or D’Angelo to include Goran Dragic via trade with Miami.

9:57 AM - 29 Jun 2019

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL! Yeah because Lakers are not trading for Dragic, LMAO. C'mon Gambo!

Trading for Dragic would be quite a slide for the Lakers expectations. Let it happen.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns may have better plans for their money but they could have do much worse than pursue Trey Lyles who will be a free agent.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns may have better plans for their money but they could have do much worse than pursue Trey Lyles who will be a free agent.

Agreed, but they need a point guard first. A third consecutive season without a legitimate NBA starting point guard would be an unmitigated disaster, especially with all of the newly acquired spot-up shooters on the roster.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Wolves are going to meet with D'Angelo Russell when free agency begins.

Chris Haynes‏Verified account @ChrisBHaynes

Minnesota Timberwolves to meet with Brooklyn Nets restricted free agent guard D’Angelo Russell at the start of free-agency, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

10:16 AM - 29 Jun 2019

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Minnesota Timberwolves to meet with Brooklyn Nets restricted free agent guard D’Angelo Russell at the start of free-agency, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

This would be potentially a worst-case scenario if Booker, Russell, and Towns are really determined to play together in the future.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This would be potentially a worst-case scenario if Booker, Russell, and Towns are really determined to play together in the future.

Especially if Booker really wanted Phoenix to pursue Russell.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

And who the heck are the Suns meeting with? The Suns have more cap space than the Wolves.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And who the heck are the Suns meeting with? The Suns have more cap space than the Wolves.

Looking at it from the glass half full, but maybe it makes Tyus Jones available. However, Suns fans may not receive it well.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Especially if Booker really wanted Phoenix to pursue Russell.

Not at all saying it's going to happen, but trade Booker for Wiggins and picks, let Oubre go, and sign Cory Joseph, and the result is a team that could legitimately go 0-82 for the season.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Not at all saying it's going to happen, but trade Booker for Wiggins and picks, let Oubre go, and sign Cory Joseph, and the result is a team that could legitimately go 0-82 for the season.
LMAO! I think just with Ayton we get 10 games. You gotta trade him, too! Bridges might hustle us to 3 wins. Gotta jettison him also!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just knew it. It seems every player I like gets interest elsewhere. Try Lyles gets a qualifying offer from Denver.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

The Nuggets are extending a qualifying offer to F Trey Lyles, who'll become a restricted free agent, league sources tell ESPN.

10:37 AM - 29 Jun 2019

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Weird how teams are waiting until the last minute to extend qualifying offers. I know they have technically up until tomorrow 3 PM to do so, but why cut it that close?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird how teams are waiting until the last minute to extend qualifying offers. I know they have technically up until tomorrow 3 PM to do so, but why cut it that close?

They probably find out the Suns have interest in the player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some tidbits about the Wolves and Russell.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Some tidbits about the Wolves and Russell.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If I was Russell I would say you come to me. I am not flying all that way for you to ask me for a Minnesota friendly signing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was Russell I would say you come to me. I am not flying all that way for you to ask me for a Minnesota friendly signing.

I was going to say it is probably cool in Minneapolis but it is 87 degrees with an excessive heating warning today.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was going to say it is probably cool in Minneapolis but it is 87 degrees with an excessive heating warning today.
I have a friend who went to Germany to get out of the heat. They are having over 100 degree temps. There was an article about the Autobahn melting. I'm sure they don't have a lot of AC in Germany. He just flew back to cool AZ! LOL!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who went to Germany to get out of the heat. They are having over 100 degree temps. There was an article about the Autobahn melting. I'm sure they don't have a lot of AC in Germany. He just flew back to cool AZ! LOL!

Yikes!

Arizona had a break on the summer temperatures but we are paying the price now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coincidence?

Interesting that Minnesota moved up to 6 in the NBA draft then passed on a point guard for Culver - conspiracy theorists may buy into the belief that they knew they had a point guard coming.

11:26 AM - 29 Jun 2019

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA