2019 Free Agency

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Suns decline option on Ray Spalding. Not a lot of cap gain. This lowers the bigs on the roster to 3. In my opinion we need another PF, or PF/C. Perhaps this signals another big coming in? :shrug: Or trying to get max money for Dlo? :devil:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns decline option on Ray Spalding. Not a lot of cap gain. This lowers the bigs on the roster to 3. In my opinion we need another PF, or PF/C. Perhaps this signals another big coming in? :shrug: Or trying to get max money for Dlo? :devil:

This is a non-story. He is a minimum contract player, we can easily sign him or a player of a similar caliber later.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Or that management doesn't know what it's doing. I would have been okay with Spaulding getting time at PF. Now Saric is officially the only PF on the roster.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Leilani Mitchell probably the best PG in Phoenix right now. Maybe sign her off the Mercury? :p

Leilani Mithchell 18 points 11 assists 5 rebounds tonight versus tough Indiana!

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, Darren Collison just announced his retirement...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On 98.7 today, one of the national guys said he didnt think the Suns would have to add an asset to get rid of JJ. Color me a bit shocked.

And Brian Whinhorst said that the Suns could easily dump Jackson within the next 24 hours if they wanted, that was including no assets. It's all in how Jackson is viewed and I think you can count on there being 1 stupid GM out there.

If nothing else, trade him to Cleveland for JR Smith so we can waive him. His deal isn't guaranteed so we'd free up space that way. The Cav's GM was so high on Jackson when he was drafted that he wouldn't do the trade for Bledsoe without him. You know Lebron had to be pissed about that but he held firm. Jackson is from Michigan also so he'd be closer to home in Cleveland and you might take the chance that he'd straighten up in a new location.

https://arizonasports.com/story/199...uld-trade-jackson-in-24-hours-if-they-had-to/

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At some point we are going to stop ripping on our own team and take pride in it again.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At some point we are going to stop ripping on our own team and take pride in it again.

If they keep Oubre and bring in a good point guard I would feel some pride and hope immediately. Adding Russell or Brogdon to this team (hell, maybe even Rubio) and one more rotation vet for depth, I think with with good coaching, that is a team that could make the playoffs.

If they bring in a lesser point guard, like Joseph, I will be deeply disappointed. What is the point of dumping contracts for cap space and then going cheap?

If they bring in a lesser point guard AND lose Oubre... man... I will probably be as low on the team as I was in the Summer of Beasley, but I won't have the energy to rant, I will have lost hope.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darren Collison is retiring at 31 so that is a name off the list.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol was like suns want me than he looked at last season record and what suns did on draft night than said nah ill just retire and enjoy spending my millions ....

Man it's a sad time to be a suns fan....

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol was like suns want me than he looked at last season record and what suns did on draft night than said nah ill just retire and enjoy spending my millions ....

Man it's a sad time to be a suns fan....

Except, that's not what happened.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they keep Oubre and bring in a good point guard I would feel some pride and hope immediately. Adding Russell or Brogdon to this team (hell, maybe even Rubio) and one more rotation vet for depth, I think with with good coaching, that is a team that could make the playoffs.

If they bring in a lesser point guard, like Joseph, I will be deeply disappointed. What is the point of dumping contracts for cap space and then going cheap?

If they bring in a lesser point guard AND lose Oubre... man... I will probably be as low on the team as I was in the Summer of Beasley, but I won't have the energy to rant, I will have lost hope.

I think this where the Suns are.

They have a golden opportunity to take a step forward and it shouldn't be that hard to do.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is what I think is happening. DLo is trying to decide what to do right now. He is going to have offers on the table from the Lakers and Suns. There is video of him in high school saying his fantasy was to play with MJ, Lebron, and AD. He has two of those three sitting in front of him right now. He also has his friend really working him to come to Phoenix. Last, there is the faint possibility that the Nets could match an offer that he gets.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave