2019 Free Agency

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Agreed. If that's the Suns off-season, they are going to be one of the two worst teams in the league again next year. And probably the year after that, etc.

When do the fans start burning Sarver in effigy?

He better be holding one of those big foam fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
That's just the ESPN narrative. They want a star to sign with the Lakers or Clippers more than those teams probably do. If they don't add anyone then they're bottom tier playoff teams.

I think Kawhi is the only possibility for the Clippers. They seem to be doing things a little smarter, only targeting guys who would fit and be worth the money. They have a good squad already so they don't need to add a star like the Lakers do.

The Lakers should spend on filling out their roster but they won't. They're after another big splash. I think it would be hilarious if they end with Derrick Rose, Carmelo, and Cousins. There's a big 3 to dream about.

ESPN thinks Lebron should just be able to pick 4 or 5 All Stars from around the league to join the Lakers. This way they can just show Lakers highlights every night, interview players, talk all day about Lakers off court antics etc etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have no problem with Cory Joseph. Learned behind Parker and is a product of the Spurs. Was a 1st round pick.Joseph finished the season 4th among point guards in defensive RPM. Regularly defending the team’s best player.
But yeah he's useless.

Too bad he is no better offensively than De'Anthony Melton.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
this says otherwise about the amount teams would be offering for Oubre

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...and-on-kelly-oubre-jrs-free-agency/ar-AADt4TQ

Not seeing 20m a year. He’s an energy wing that can get hot offensively but has never done anything at an elite level. My original prediction was 4/56 but a desperate team that misses out on a big fish might go 17-18m per and the Suns will probably match.

If they don’t match we’ll keep JJ around as a bench wing with Cam. Bridges starts.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Not seeing 20m a year. He’s an energy wing that can get hot offensively but has never done anything at an elite level. My original prediction was 4/56 but a desperate team that misses out on a big fish might go 17-18m per and the Suns will probably match.

If they don’t match we’ll keep JJ around as a bench wing with Cam. Bridges starts.
I am kinda thinking Bridges is going to bring it this season. He is putting in the work.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Is Bridges our future starting SF? If so, where does Oubre fit?
I was wondering that. We are kind of in a weird spot with Oubre and Bridges. Oubre brought a good little stretch with us. No telling if he can bring it like that all year. Bridges was a rookie who showed some poise all year starting a lot of games. You don't know if he's going to make that jump for sure. I guess the theory is if they both work out, you have assets worst case scenario. I guess you sign Oubre and no pressure for Bridges to develop immediately.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Brad Turner

@BA_Turner

Sources: If the Warriors don’t offer guard Klay Thompson a max $190 million deal on Sunday when free agency opens, he will listen to both LA teams, the Lakers and Clippers. Lakers back in the runnings because they now have max slot of $32 million after today’s trade.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Its going to be tough to stomach if our offseason is Baynes/Joseph/saric while the Lakers add AD and Walker.

Its one thing if the suns try their hardest to land Russel or another top guy and strike out. As a fan I'm ok with that. Focusing on bottom feeders for cap considerations while passing on real talent will frustrate fans and Booker.

Booker is going to be well aware of how hard the suns pursue Russell. If the Suns play it safe, pass on Russell for Joseph to save a few bucks we better win next season or it will rip this team apart.

IMO they need to make a real attempt at bringing in Russell or another top guy and retain Oubre. We will need both to be competitive and generate excitement next season.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
According to Marc Berman of the New York Post, the Knicks interest in DeMarcus Cousins is only "mild."
Marc Stein of the New York Times reported earlier this week that New York was considering extending a "considerable" one-year deal to Cousins if they miss out on Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving during free agency. However, that didn't seem to make much sense, considering how well Mitchell Robinson played as a rookie last season and Cousins reputation as a headache in the locker room. Per Berman, "team president Steve Mills wants players who fit the bill of being able to tutor their young players."

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose