2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost think Isabella slowed up a second to turn his head and look shocked to see Murray next to him.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
All I could think about was, “please nobody pull a hamstring.”

LOL. Exactly what I was thinking since I'm a guy who routinely did that once I got into my mid fifties. Painful beyond words. I only jog now. LOL

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That short distance speed is the most important type for Kyler to have, its what allows him to escape defenders and extend plays. Hes faster than Isabella off the line. Very special athlete.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kyler Murray eager to get season started, continue building chemistry with Cardinals
Kyler Murray[/a] finally made an appearance on a professional baseball field on Tuesday night. But instead of taking the outfield for an affiliate of the Oakland Athletics, Murray was throwing out the first pitch for the Arizona Diamondbacks as the headliner of the Cardinals rookie draft class.'>Kyler Murray finally made an appearance on a professional baseball field on Tuesday night. But instead of taking the outfield for an affiliate of the Oakland Athletics, Murray was throwing out the first pitch for the Arizona Diamondbacks as the headliner of the Cardinals rookie draft class.

Murray and the Cardinals rookies will report for training camp in just over three weeks as the No. 1 overall pick in this spring’s NFL Draft looks to turn around the trajectory of Arizona’s football team. In an interview with Fox Sports Arizona, Murray said he’s excited to get started and continue to build on the chemistry formed in offseason workouts.

“Everybody is not on the same page like I was with my guys in college right now,” Murray said. “I’ve only been here for a couple of months so it will take time, it’s going to take reps. But I’m prepared for the ups and the downs but so far for me it’s been great. The guys have been very accepting of me and I can’t wait to get the season started.”
https://sports.yahoo.com/kyler-murray-eager-season-started-042353470.html

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PFF's Fantasy Football Playbook came out today.

Currently they have Murray as a Round 10 pick with these projections:

Yards: 3830 TDs 22 INT: 15 Sacks: 45.6 Rushing: 475 yards TD: 3

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

More yards than I anticipate, but less TDs than I anticipate overall, so probably pretty close. Would be a good year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
More yards than I anticipate, but less TDs than I anticipate overall, so probably pretty close. Would be a good year.

I expect a bit more, but around my expectations. I expect between 20 and 26 passing TDs.

I think Murray is going to throw a lot of picks. 15 should be about right. Look at his numbers from TAMU, he threw 7 picks and didn't even play that much.

I think he rushes for more than 475 yards, and has more TDs than 3. I'd say probably around 600 and 6 TDs.

So.....4400 yards total, between 26-32 total TDs, 15-18 INTs.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Not gonna lie. If that's his first year projection given the goodness of fit in this offense, the hype that surrounds him, and the added weapons on offense, I would be disappointed in that production, particularly the rushing totals.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not gonna lie. If that's his first year projection given the goodness of fit in this offense, the hype that surrounds him, and the added weapons on offense, I would be disappointed in that production, particularly the rushing totals.
I mean, it would be a top-10 rookie QB performance, right around a top 5... I don't know how you could expect or even really hope for more.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean, it would be a top-10 rookie QB performance, right around a top 5... I don't know how you could expect or even really hope for more.
Yea, even Luck’s rookie season wouldn’t be much better than that & he was seen as one of the best QB prospects ever.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yea, even Luck’s rookie season wouldn’t be much better than that & he was seen as one of the best QB prospects ever.

I know I'm biased, obviously, but I expect that Murray's rookie season is going to rank as one of the best ever. That doesn't mean I think he's as good as Luck, but I think that the NFL has changed even since Luck was drafted that Murray is truly a unique prospect coming out.

I mean, Cam Newton put up MASSIVE numbers as a rookie and isn't as talented a passer that Murray is. The Panthers didn't have a ton of great pass catchers either and didn't have a great offensive line.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That would be about as good as Mayfield

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

So around 11 Points per game, just from him + around 16 TD from RB/ST and some FG and we have around 20-26 points in every game.

That would mean that we are in every game and compete at least somehow, a big improvement from last year.

Really guys, you have to lower your expectations, this projected stats would be exiting at least from Cards view, and to put that in perspective 2015 we averaged "only" 27.9 points per game and that was a helluva season. Around 26 ppg would be one of the best seasons of all time. 2016 we had 26 and 2014 just 19 and we made the playoffs. 2013 25.3, 2007 in KenW first year 25.3 and in the SB year 26.7

So people don't get me wrong but if Kurt Warner in his second best season in his carrier and best season in Arizona managed to put up 4583 yards 30 TD 14 INT and -2 rushing with that 4581 total yards and 13.1 points a game and Kyler Murry in his rookie season puts together 4305 total yards and 11 points per game the NFL saw probably one of the best Rookie Seasons ever and probably a team in the playoffs or at least in the hunt. And we as the Cardinals saw one of the best QB in franchise history...

Stay realistic please. If Kyler meets that numbers, we should be out of QBoF search for the next decade.

2008 KW 4581 TY 286.3 typg 13.1 ppg
2015 CP 4695 TY 293.4 typg 15.8 ppg
2016 CP 4271 TY 284.7 typg 12.1 ppg
1974 JH 2432 TY 173.7 typg 9.6 ppg
1978 JH 3132 TY 208.8 typg 8.4 ppg
1998 JP 3954 TY 247.1 typg 9.2 ppg
2001 JP 3816 TY 238.5 typg 7.9 ppg

this is our top 10 of QB for now, he would be top 5 imediatly.

in comparison our last starting QB:
2018 JR 2416 TY 151.0 typg 5.9 ppg

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

would I be okay with rookie QB producing 25 TDs, 15 ints and 4,300 yards of offense?

yes.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Still see rb as the engine on an offense - as DJ goes KM goes - if we don’t pass ourselves to death and KM doesn’t get hurt - I feel it’s possible- KM has to be special in crunch time probably 4 times in the Nfcw to make the playoffs - I mean he is a unicorn in an air red offense - but don’t think this roster can do it in straight up with a fundamentally sound game plan in the nfcw - we need ongoing miracles and a couple blow outs - when everything goes cards way

THESMEL

Reaction score
Still see rb as the engine on an offense - as DJ goes KM goes - if we don’t pass ourselves to death and KM doesn’t get hurt - I feel it’s possible- KM has to be special in crunch time probably 4 times in the Nfcw to make the playoffs - I mean he is a unicorn in an air red offense - but don’t think this roster can do it in straight up with a fundamentally sound game plan in the nfcw - we need ongoing miracles and a couple blow outs - when everything goes cards way

THESMEL

Reaction score

THESMEL

Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose