OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
27 measurables over 6 slides done by an independent site and Rosen was at league average on 2 of them. That's not "bashing by nuthuggers".

Those are the facts. Any nuthugging being done is excusing such a piss poor performance.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Football Outsiders had us 17th overall, 9th against the pass and 29th against the run: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Special teams 11th: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst
Special teams seem about right, they were decent enough.

Pass defense will always look good in pure numbers, because opponents could run the ball on us easily. Thus opponents didn't need to pass as much as usual and also had lots of 3rd and short passing situations. On the flip side, our run defense should be ranked dead last if if wasn't for us being blown out early and opponents chewing the clock with backup RBs.

I actually love PFF and football outsiders analytics, but you have to keep everything in context and trust your eyes first and foremost.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Special teams seem about right, they were decent enough.

Pass defense will always look good in pure numbers, because opponents could run the ball on us easily. Thus opponents didn't need to pass as much as usual and also had lots of 3rd and short passing situations. On the flip side, our run defense should be ranked dead last if if wasn't for us being blown out early and opponents chewing the clock with backup RBs.

I actually love PFF and football outsiders analytics, but you have to keep everything in context and trust your eyes first and foremost.

Yes, we failed the eye test miserably. By halftime of the opener, we were truly unwatchable. 3-13 doesn't even remotely describe how bad we were last year. We were every bit as bad as any winless NFL team in history. Truthfully, we could win 5 games this year & still be ridiculously better than last year. I still think we'll win 7-9 games. I'd even say more, but we are the Cardinals & major injuries never escape our franchise.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
27 measurables over 6 slides done by an independent site and Rosen was at league average on 2 of them. That's not "bashing by nuthuggers".

Those are the facts. Any nuthugging being done is excusing such a piss poor performance.

Talking ******** to excuse just another chance to cheapshot Rosen is bashing.What other purpose did the thread fill except giving you Murrayites a cheap thrill?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It is ridiculous that I get told to take a break from the board, and block a fellow poster for questioning the godliness of our current starter, but we can have a 5 page thread crushing a player some of us liked and get told "those are the facts" by a mod.

Yep.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
It is ridiculous that I get told to take a break from the board, and block a fellow poster for questioning the godliness of our current starter, but we can have a 5 page thread crushing a player some of us liked and get told "those are the facts" by a mod.
:yeahthat:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it’s both lame. Putting down a QB who is no longer on the team at all costs while you do the same with our new QB. No need to root for the downfall for either.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For craps sake. Only you could take a single thread and somehow compare it to how you have acted on this board in EVERY DAMN THREAD for two months AND turn it into a "But the mod is mean"

I am so over it with you and your playing the victim card.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
All I can say is this. I supported Rosen, allotted for the mistakes given during our horrendous coaching situation and our mediocre OL going through injuries, but as I saw the talent of Rosen and see the obvious game changing potential of Murray, if you cannot see that about Murray and you are a Cardinal fan, what the hell are those people even doing here making multiple negative statements now? When some poor freaking Cardinal fan has a legit space to be happy with a guy prior to a season which might be historic in a league changing way?

I have been a fan since 1976 officially. I expect Murray to have his rookie bumps like Rosen. I think we can maybe have seven wins with a rookie coach and rookie QB no matter how special they might be tops with the depth on this team, meaning I am totally cool with a five win season if we are competitive.

This is the NFL, nothing is going to be easy, but I have one thing to say to the Mods, get me on a quick list ban button if you are going to choose to ban people once the season starts for those die hard fans because they go off on some moron who is caught in a one year loop about being right, not wanting to draft/trade a player, lost in draft talk, when as a fan I accept the fact Murray is the Cardinal QB and I want him to win while rooting for him week to week.

By the way, I will not mind constructive criticism with the expectations Murray might learn as he goes through his bumps on the road, because I will critique too... but I sure in the hell do not want to endure momentary releases of crow from a constantly morphing cage of those who did not have the draft go their way from week one on of Rosen this and Murray that while I root for the Cardinal team proper winning :newcards:

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As to what purpose this thread serve? Its a message board for discussion on and I quote "Any discussion about your Arizona Cardinals or related NFL topics"

We have multiple threads discussing how players performed last year. DJ has more than one where people are questioning things like his desire to play. No one is crying in there about bashing DJ. We just have a discussion.

We have threads about former players all the time. How they are doing on other teams. We had threads about John Brown last year.

For some reason, only Rosen is immune to all discussion for a select group of you unless it's praise. It's nonsense.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
For craps sake. Only you could take a single thread and somehow compare it to how you have acted on this board in EVERY DAMN THREAD for two months AND turn it into a "But the mod is mean"

I am so over it with you and your playing the victim card.
I'm letting people have their Murray positivity threads. Plenty of threads on the front page where I have either been neutral, positive, or haven't engaged at all. I'm not the victim here, BW is.

Frankly, I think this nonsense for both sides should be cordoned off to mostly two threads. A huge Kyler support thread, a Kyler negativity thread, and maybe we can save everyone else the headache.

Seems like a new thread pops up every other day though and I have a hard time believing that's my fault, or that I shouldn't be allowed to participate.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm letting people have their Murray positivity threads. Plenty of threads on the front page where I have either been neutral, positive, or haven't engaged at all. I'm not the victim here, BW is.

Frankly, I think this nonsense for both sides should be cordoned off to mostly two threads. A huge Kyler support thread, a Kyler negativity thread, and maybe we can save everyone else the headache.

Seems like a new thread pops up every other day though and I have a hard time believing that's my fault, or that I shouldn't be allowed to participate.

No one has told you not to participate. The only thing I have said...and I even prefaced it by saying I wasn't speaking as a mod, was that it was tiresome.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally invite discussion and criticism when I make a thread like this. You are free to participate, refute, laugh at my opinion...whatever. Sing his praises from the highest ground if you like. If you don't want to read it because you disagree with it, then don't.

Hell go make a Murray criticism thread if you want. That is perfect. All the discussion in one place instead of everywhere.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No one has told you not to participate. The only thing I have said...and I even prefaced it by saying I wasn't speaking as a mod, was that it was tiresome.
It wasn't you that said it at all.

I got told I should put Krang on ignore and not participate in Kyler threads until training camp - not as an official mod thing, but still from a mod. Different one, different thread.

I'm genuinely not mad at you or him, I'm just surprised that bashing players is totally cool as long as you're bashing the right players.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't you that said it at all.

I got told I should put Krang on ignore and not participate in Kyler threads until training camp - not as an official mod thing, but still from a mod. Different one, different thread.

I'm genuinely not mad at you or him, I'm just surprised that bashing players is totally cool as long as you're bashing the right players.

To me we are discussing players and just engaging in debate. I personally dislike the terms "bashing" and "nuthugging" because they are used to quiet discussion and shape the conversation to about me rather than the player.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Besides, Solar and I aren't killing the board. Late June to early July what is there to talk about with the Cardinals. Come end of July this will be happening again.

Hah especially if Murray has a bad outing or gets hurt.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Things have been slow here but I agree things will pick up around training camp when there's actual things to talk about.

And probably less bashing either way.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Besides, Solar and I aren't killing the board. Late June to early July what is there to talk about with the Cardinals. Come end of July this will be happening again.

Hah especially if Murray has a bad outing or gets hurt.

well, I know that I for one pretty much never come here and that started during the ridiculous Rosen v. Murray war. It's too much.

or maybe there's literally just nothing else to talk about.

either way, it's annoying and we need some actual football to talk about.

Reactions: TRW