Josh McCown Retires

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He made Same Houston State proud. To think that he was competing for the starting job with Kurt Warner at one point! He will be an excellent broadcaster

Reaction score
Josh McGown was always a favorite of mine. It wasn't because he was great, but because he gave the game all he could. It is journeymen like McGown that provide the backbone of the NFL.

All the best, Josh!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The book is finally closed on Josh McCown.

I remember a game we played in Mexico City. It was against the 49ers, and they took a 14-0 lead on us in the first quarter by returning not one, but two, fumbles for touchdowns. It was hilariously same ole Cardinals.

So McCown leads us all the way back, and during a TV time out, the broadcast showed a shot of him on the sidelines screaming at our defensive players to "step on their throats!!!!". He was just completely lost in the moment. It was epic. What I loved about Josh was the Josh loved the game, and he didn't give a damn about any of the other stuff.

Side note, we ended up winning the game, getting us to 1-3 I believe. Bertrand Berry was walking around Aztec stadium, waving a big Cardinals flag, and yelling "we coming back baby!" We stunk it up the rest of the year, but little did we know that Berry was the vanguard of a wave of players that would eventually get us to within 2 minutes of the big prize. So close...

God speed Josh McCown!

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember some of that game. Forgot Josh was qb. Aaron Francisco was running around waving the flags too I believe.

Sent from MrYeahBut's phone using Tapatalk

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I always liked Josh and will never forget his pass to Poole. I remember all the complaining about how we botched the chance to get Eli. Ha! Good luck Josh!

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
My 2nd most memorable Josh moment (the first has already made an appearance in the thread) was at Miami when he made a huge scramble to keep a drive going that would win us the game on a TD pass to Fitz.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He seems to have been the quintessential backup QB. Good locker room guy, could step in and do a fair job, etc., etc.

But, I think he got a bit higher praise than he warranted but he is a case of a nice guy finishing well.

Best of luck to him in his future endeavors. Saw him on NFL Live and he was pretty decent. Except for his WR picks...ummm...a little crazy. LOL

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Still have a josh McCown cardinal hat he signed at the Show low high school community day - his rookie year - like 100 years ago or something - I think he was backing up Blake at the time - but was a humble good guy - who said he was glad to be out of the city - and was very comfortable throwing balls to a cackle of mountain kids - Kurt Warner holds Josh in high esteem gives him credit many times - he was cardinal red - until he wasn’t

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That lasted long

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Carson goes down in week 11 with a 9-2 record. Josh steps in and they finish 11-5, win the NFCE, and McCown wins a SB ring in his 18th season that wasn’t supposed to happen...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose