Lakers may sign D'Angelo Russell

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When Booker himself actually says he wants out I'll believe it, not getting Russell could definitely push him to it but every sports writer or analyst has been claiming Booker should demand a trade immediately, but he hasn't and has said nothing to make people think he's going to, :deadhorse2:

But this is the first time local reporters, and in my opinion respected ones at that, have openly speculated on this point.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
I wouldn't blame Booker. He along with the rest of us have been waiting too long for a PG.

I can't believe we are even having this discussion. The Suns need a PG in the worst way. Why not make a hard push for the guy(s)? Why settle for crap without even trying? I don't get it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bickley and Marotta just discussed Russell, the reports that Booker is lobbying internally for the Suns to sign him, and the new rumors that the Minnesota Timberwolves are now planning to make a major push for Russell. They ended the conversation by saying that if Russell becomes available, and if the Suns leave Russell to be signed by the Lakers or Timberwolves, that will be the last straw for Booker, and Booker will want out immediately. Ugh...

Honestly if they don't or won't even make an attempt for Russel when Booker is asking them too - well at that point I don't think I would blame Booker.

For god's sake he is lobbying for a 23yr old all-star pg that has improved every season. This is a position of need, and it would make Booker happy.

If the suns are dead set against adding that because of fit, than there is really no hope for this team.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But this is the first time local reporters, and in my opinion respected ones at that, have openly speculated on this point.

According to you they said; "if Russell becomes available, and if the Suns leave Russell to be signed by the Lakers or Timberwolves, that will be the last straw for Booker, and Booker will want out immediately."

That isn't speculation... it's stating something that will happen.

However, since you're a troll who deals only in absolutes, I suspect your translation of the conversation was far removed from it's actual phrasing.

Furthermore, Booker has an extension that hasn't even started yet. He isn't going anywhere and he isn't going to ask to go anywhere in the near future.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
For anything to happen Russell has to be waived by the Nets. If not this entire discussion is moot.

This is a lot of debate over something that is hypothetical. If you believe all the rumors there seems to be only a small chance this happens.

Dominoes are gonna fall fast on the 30th. The Suns have to have a plan and a backup plan and a backup-backup plan.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For anything to happen Russell has to be waived by the Nets. If not this entire discussion is moot.

This is a lot of debate over something that is hypothetical. If you believe all the rumors there seems to be only a small chance this happens.

Dominoes are gonna fall fast on the 30th. The Suns have to have a plan and a backup plan and a backup-backup plan.

Well, that isn't true, he's a restricted free agent and the Nets want to sign 2 max free agents (Russell not being one of them), if straight out the gate someone signs Russell to an offer sheet then the Nets will almost certainly let him walk. Kyrie to Brooklyn sounds like a done deal, I'd bet they'd rather pair Kyrie with any of the other top free agents than Russell.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's not a small chance - it is a very good chance. Kyrie wants to go to New Jersey and it is unlikely they keep both. They are going to try and sign Durrant or Harris with their other slot.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Well, that isn't true, he's a restricted free agent and the Nets want to sign 2 max free agents (Russell not being one of them), if straight out the gate someone signs Russell to an offer sheet then the Nets will almost certainly let him walk. Kyrie to Brooklyn sounds like a done deal, I'd bet they'd rather pair Kyrie with any of the other top free agents than Russell.

If Kyrie doesn't go to the Nets the Suns get to sit around for 3 days and watch the Nets match while all the other free agents disappear.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It's not a small chance - it is a very good chance. Kyrie wants to go to New Jersey and it is unlikely they keep both. They are going to try and sign Durrant or Harris with their other slot.

What is he going to do in New Jersey?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Kyrie doesn't go to the Nets the Suns get to sit around for 3 days and watch the Nets match while all the other free agents disappear.

They should have 2 targets IMO, Brogdon and Russell, they're both restricted, Russell is, by far, the less likely one to get matched.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo I am sure is purely speculating. However, even though Booker signed his contract extension it's fair to assume the idea was the Suns were going to make impactful moves to turn this into a winning franchise. You can't be shocked nor is it out of the question that Booker will want out if he feels that isn't happening if not early....definitely by the end of his contract. He can raise all sort of hell in the meantime.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
According to you they said; "if Russell becomes available, and if the Suns leave Russell to be signed by the Lakers or Timberwolves, that will be the last straw for Booker, and Booker will want out immediately."

That isn't speculation... it's stating something that will happen.

However, since you're a troll who deals only in absolutes, I suspect your translation of the conversation was far removed from it's actual phrasing.

Furthermore, Booker has an extension that hasn't even started yet. He isn't going anywhere and he isn't going to ask to go anywhere in the near future.

I am simply reporting what was said this morning. You are the one resorting to name calling and absolutes here...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gambo I am sure is purely speculating. However, even though Booker signed his contract extension it's fair to assume the idea was the Suns were going to make impactful moves to turn this into a winning franchise. You can't be shocked nor is it out of the question that Booker will want out if he feels that isn't happening if not early....definitely by the end of his contract. He can raise all sort of hell in the meantime.

It wasn't Gambo. It was Bickley and Marotta (both of them).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
New Jersey?!?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wolfley kept saying he thinks the Suns already have someone lined up.

I hope so.

That guy just speaks his mind no matter how stupid it comes out. I don't put much stock in anything Wolfley says unless it starts with "when I played the game" which he loves to do.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
That guy just speaks his mind no matter how stupid it comes out. I don't put much stock in anything Wolfley says unless it starts with "when I played the game" which he loves to do.
When he talks about anything but football he knows less than half the people on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
As do I...

That would be a disaster. Like adding another Melton to the mix.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Suns should throw a good, moderate sized contract at Delon Wright.

$13 million per. I doubt Memphis matches that.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That would be a disaster. Like adding another Melton to the mix.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Suns should throw a good, moderate sized contract at Delon Wright.

$13 million per. I doubt Memphis matches that.

That would certainly be better than throwing money at Cory Joseph, who I agree would be a disaster and no better than Melton.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose