2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn't about not accepting Murray is doing well, he clearly might be, but again, he has no competition. It does a QB who has a firm grip on the starting job no favors to run him through the mud when nothing of value has happened yet, unless he's really messing up.

Both of the other QBs have the chance to sit for a year.

Dude really.

You have said your point at least 2000 times now. It really hasn't changed at all in any of those posts. At this point it's overkill

:deadhorse2::deadhorse::deadhorse2:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Dude really.

You have said your point at least 2000 times now. It really hasn't changed at all in any of those posts. At this point it's overkill

:deadhorse2::deadhorse::deadhorse2:
I'm just replying to Krang here. What else am I supposed to say?

I'm not trashing the player, but being accused of trashing the player.

Edit: I won't take this as anything mod-wise, but if the personal opinion is just that I should leave if I don't have anything nice to say, I guess I will.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just replying to Krang here. What else am I supposed to say?

I'm not trashing the player, but being accused of trashing the player.

I don't know. Maybe put Krang on ignore for two weeks or take a sabbatical from Murray related posts for a couple of weeks and only talk about other topics till training camp starts up.

I guarantee everyone on this board already knows your view of Murray and that won't change till we see him on the field for the first time at training camp. It's literally been the same arguments 10 times a day for the last 4 months and it's getting exhausting.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Solar says he doesn’t want Kyler to fail, but ehh, not sure if that’s believable. I get the “wait & see” method, but liking every single post related to Kyler slander/criticism while being the first to be devils advocate on any Kyler praise doesn’t help.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Solar says he doesn’t want Kyler to fail, but ehh, not sure if that’s believable. I get the “wait & see” method, but liking every single post related to Kyler slander/criticism while being the first to be devils advocate on any Kyler praise doesn’t help.

Any normal human, with that much invested into a debate, would accept the cost of Murray's failure to prove that he was "right".

Heck, if we hadn't drafted Murray, a part of me would have been pulling for Rosen to fail (but for somehow for the Cardinals to still win). I admit it.

It's ugly, but it's also pretty basic human psychology.

What we can hope for from Solar7, however, is that he eventually learns to pull for Murray. Maybe after a couple of years. Apologies if that sounds cult-ish, and I'm really trying to stay away from sounding like a weirdo.

This whole thing has been so emotionally charged. It's been really fun and interesting, but also kind of crazy, and very divisive.

It's time to pull together as a fan base. I know that's easy to say because I'm on the winning side, but Solar7, we want you all the way back man.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard‏ @Kyle_Odegard 1m1 minute ago
“He's pretty unique. He’s very athletic, very quick, very fast, but he can sit in the pocket and make all the throws."

Passing game coordinator Tom Clements shares his early impressions of Kyler Murray: https://www.azcardinals.com/news/tom-clements-early-impressions-of-kyler-murray …

And fore tellingly, the last line of the article:

“He can go,” Clements said.

Followed by a picture of Clements with Hundley.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Any normal human, with that much invested into a debate, would accept the cost of Murray's failure to prove that he was "right".

Heck, if we hadn't drafted Murray, a part of me would have been pulling for Rosen to fail (but for somehow for the Cardinals to still win). I admit it.

It's ugly, but it's also pretty basic human psychology.

What we can hope for from Solar7, however, is that he eventually learns to pull for Murray. Maybe after a couple of years. Apologies if that sounds cult-ish, and I'm really trying to stay away from sounding like a weirdo.

This whole thing has been so emotionally charged. It's been really fun and interesting, but also kind of crazy, and very divisive.

It's time to pull together as a fan base. I know that's easy to say because I'm on the winning side, but Solar7, we want you all the way back man.

I’ve said this about a dozen times on this board, but I’ll reiterate it.

99.999% of Cardinals fans are hoping Kyler Murray succeeds, including @Solar7. Because if Murray succeeds, our team succeeds. There’s no subconscious involved or confirmation bias; the team success outweighs pride in our talent evaluation

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't wait for the season to just start already so we can figure out if Kyler Murray is good or if he sucks and finally put an end to this endless hypothesizing

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This isn't about not accepting Murray is doing well, he clearly might be, but again, he has no competition. It does a QB who has a firm grip on the starting job no favors to run him through the mud when nothing of value has happened yet, unless he's really messing up.

Both of the other QBs have the chance to sit for a year.
There is a vast difference between constructive criticism/honesty and "running them through the mud". None of those coaches are saying things like "he's been underwhelming" or "he will have to improve a lot to make it in this league". They are simply giving honest takes on what they are seeing from their guys and not all of those things are good. I see no reason why all of the players and coaches of the Cards would be just blowing smoke up our butts by willfully holding back saying anything that could be construed as less than positive.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There is a vast difference between constructive criticism/honesty and "running them through the mud". None of those coaches are saying things like "he's been underwhelming" or "he will have to improve a lot to make it in this league". They are simply giving honest takes on what they are seeing from their guys and not all of those things are good. I see no reason why all of the players and coaches of the Cards would be just blowing smoke up our butts by willfully holding back saying anything that could be construed as less than positive.

Yep it's all been overwhelmingly positive, much more so than any Cardinals draft pick that I can remember.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Save to assume the 40 yard dash is in the 4.3-4.4 area. So at least this question is solved now.

Next question, can he ball on sundays when it matters and than later in his career, when the spotlight is on him and the games count aka playoff games/SB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave