PFF QB Annual Rosen

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
This team would have to be worse than last season and teetering on 0 wins the entire season for Bidwill to even consider running Kingsbury after one season.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This team would have to be worse than last season and teetering on 0 wins the entire season for Bidwill to even consider running Kingsbury after one season.

It's not the record of Wilks but how he lost, we're not even remotely competitive. In some ways I think it cloaks the actual talent level we do have and this draft and waiver wire priority really is a unfair blessing for us in the division because the team itself was not that bad at all. Yes, we lacked depth but the coaching was abysmal and it has allowed this team with some talent to have a quicker track to success than most teams who finished in last place... Wilks enabled us to tank in a great way lol

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not against your thought process, it was just insight on why we might dislike Keim regardless of the DUI. I was a big fan of his, and it's fading.
I hear you bro, I still believe in him right now, hopefully that doesn't fade for me?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's not the record of Wilks but how he lost, we're not even remotely competitive. In some ways I think it cloaks the actual talent level we do have and this draft and waiver wire priority really is a unfair blessing for us in the division because the team itself was not that bad at all. Yes, we lacked depth but the coaching was abysmal and it has allowed this team with some talent to have a quicker track to success than most teams who finished in last place... Wilks enabled us to tank in a great way lol

Oh yes, yes, this team was bad in itself irrespective of Wilks. We still are, although the talent level is now somewhat better. We'll see if some of the young potential pans out and develops.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Thought you may enjoy this.....

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Here is 2018.....
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Oh yes, yes, this team was bad in itself irrespective of Wilks. We still are, although the talent level is now somewhat better. We'll see if some of the young potential pans out and develops.

Sorry, Arians is a good coach, but not that good after years of being stubborn to a outdated system when any win in the NFL is difficult. Arians did a great job prior to Wilks arrival but it clearly shows the talent we still had on board while what a bad coach Wilks and company were when all he could accomplish was that paltry record. There was a reason Wilks was let go after a singular chance. Come on man, sucky suck McCoy is released and then a first time OC strapped to his playbook... that can derail most talent and psychologically wreck the egos of most athletes in a brutal contact sport

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sorry, Arians is a good coach, but not that good after years of being stubborn to a outdated system when any win in the NFL is difficult. Arians did a great job prior to Wilks arrival but it clearly shows the talent we still had on board while what a bad coach Wilks and company were when all he could accomplish was that paltry record. There was a reason Wilks was let go after a singular chance. Come on man, sucky suck McCoy is released and then a first time OC strapped to his playbook... that can derail most talent and psychologically wreck the egos of most athletes in a brutal contact sport

Sure it can, and we were bad because of Wilks, but we sure in the hell wouldn't have been good without him. We were a team severely lacking in talent last year. We have some more this year. Not enough, but enough to improve, at least. Hopefully KK can be even an adequate HC.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Sure it can, and we were bad because of Wilks, but we sure in the hell wouldn't have been good without him. We were a team severely lacking in talent last year. We have some more this year. Not enough, but enough to improve, at least. Hopefully KK can be even an adequate HC.
I'm not sure anyone is arguing that we would have been a good team with better coaching last year. I think they are just arguing that we would have been significantly better than we were with Wilks. Maybe that would have been middling with 6-8 wins, but with the addition of some more talent and hopefully much better coaching this years team has a chance to be significantly better than last year. Obviously a winning season and playoffs are unlikely, but if things click the right way than it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone is arguing that we would have been a good team with better coaching last year. I think they are just arguing that we would have been significantly better than we were with Wilks. Maybe that would have been middling with 6-8 wins, but with the addition of some more talent and hopefully much better coaching this years team has a chance to be significantly better than last year. Obviously a winning season and playoffs are unlikely, but if things click the right way than it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

What are you saying here? Last year, you say if we had a league average coach (let’s say Bill O’Brien) we would have won twice as many games.

Now, you feel like with more talent and much better coaching we can win... twice as many games.

What was the point of this offseason’s strum and drang if it’s not going to make us significantly better?

Jetstream Green

Reaction score

I never said we would be good, did I, but what I stated was our talent was not three win talent and hence getting the advantages of sucking more than the relevant talent was a beneficial boost towards rebuilding despite having a rookie QB

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What are you saying here? Last year, you say if we had a league average coach (let’s say Bill O’Brien) we would have won twice as many games.

Now, you feel like with more talent and much better coaching we can win... twice as many games.

What was the point of this offseason’s strum and drang if it’s not going to make us significantly better?
I have a hot take that Wilks wasn't as bad as we all seem to be thinking. But I don't think he was good, either.

Without McCoy and a change to a 4-3, I think he would have done alright.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I have a hot take that Wilks wasn't as bad as we all seem to be thinking. But I don't think he was good, either.

This is a bad take. Wilks was bad; this roster wasn’t great. That perfect storm lead to what we saw.

I think that roster with league average coaching would have won 5 or 6 games. With a top 5 coach (and I believe Arians is a Top 5 coach), they win between 7 and 9 games.

I think the roster today is better, and the coaching staff is better. I think that anything worse than 6 wins will be a very troubling sign. I would be troubled if we had more than 4 losses by more than 7 points.

Wilks best-case scenario was as a defensive coach for a veteran team like the Chargers or something. A steady hand on the tiller. He was in no position to lead a rebuild.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Wilks could have won double of what he has won just by getting out of the way, 1 against the Raiders and another one against the bears (benching David Johnson on a crucial 3 and 2 to get in FG range to win) and the week after against the Seahawks ... bad calls bad ... gosh. just a little bit better coaching and with the same team you are 6-10.

Like many say, there is some lacking of talent... but not that much that we would go 3-13. This was like a tank job. And now we will see if KM and KK can make us a winner.

If everything clicks and Joseph can build a top 15 D we could be 8-8 @ the end of the season, if our ST goes top 15 as well maybe even 9-7 and if at least one unit reaches top 10 and the other top 15 we could end up in the playoffs.

But still, long shot, KM and KK don't have any NFL game under theire belt, in 3 months we know a little bit more and in 6 months we know more or less were we are trending for the next year and know probably what we have in those two.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is a bad take. Wilks was bad; this roster wasn’t great. That perfect storm lead to what we saw.

I think that roster with league average coaching would have won 5 or 6 games. With a top 5 coach (and I believe Arians is a Top 5 coach), they win between 7 and 9 games.

I think the roster today is better, and the coaching staff is better. I think that anything worse than 6 wins will be a very troubling sign. I would be troubled if we had more than 4 losses by more than 7 points.

Wilks best-case scenario was as a defensive coach for a veteran team like the Chargers or something. A steady hand on the tiller. He was in no position to lead a rebuild.
Eh, you pretty much feel the same that I was trying to get across... without McCoy, we win two more games. Like, DJ doesn't get pulled for Chase Edmonds with the game on the line.

I agree with you on Arians being top 5, but I don't think our coaching staff is better... yet. I surely won't call it.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I didn't even say half the things you said I did in this post. Never mentioned anything about a "league average coach" and I certainly never said that we would only win 6 games this year. You seriously might want to get your eyes checked. ;)

I actually agree with pretty much this entire post. I don't know maybe I wasn't very clear in my last post, but this almost mirrors the way I feel.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score

No, you are just trying to be cute because your hot take is stranded in the Antarctica

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No, you are just trying to be cute because your hot take is stranded in the Antarctica
I guess it depends on what we think is alright. Getting rid of him was the right move, but it's not crazy to think that a better offensive playcaller or decent play at QB/WR would have bought him another year to turn this into the defensive team he wanted. Keep in mind, Mike McCoy wasn't his exclusive choice, other candidates for this position lofted McCoy as the OC.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Our D and Special Teams was Top 15 last year. :shrug:

When your rush defense is last in the league...... maybe the overall rank shouldn't matter as much?

Also..... PFF has the secondary ranked at #24 and the front seven at #29. Where did you see top 15?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Reaction score
I would settle for Fran Tarkington good.
ALMOST INSTANT STAR WITH FOUR TD PASSES, FIRST GAME, 1961. . ..AT RETIREMENT LED LIFETIME PASSERS IN ATTEMPTS (6,467), COMPLETIONS (3,686), YARDS (47,003), TOUCHDOWNS (342). . .EXCITING, ELUSIVE SCRAMBLER. . . RUSHED FOR 3,674 YARDS, 32 TDS. . .LED VIKINGS TO THREE SUPER BOWLS. . .TWO-TIME ALL-NFL. . .PRO BOWL SELECTION NINE TIMES. . .

You'd probably settle for having Bill Gates' money and a super model wife also, huh?

LOL, "settle".

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
ALMOST INSTANT STAR WITH FOUR TD PASSES, FIRST GAME, 1961. . ..AT RETIREMENT LED LIFETIME PASSERS IN ATTEMPTS (6,467), COMPLETIONS (3,686), YARDS (47,003), TOUCHDOWNS (342). . .EXCITING, ELUSIVE SCRAMBLER. . . RUSHED FOR 3,674 YARDS, 32 TDS. . .LED VIKINGS TO THREE SUPER BOWLS. . .TWO-TIME ALL-NFL. . .PRO BOWL SELECTION NINE TIMES. . .

You'd probably settle for having Bill Gates' money and a super model wife also, huh?

LOL, "settle".[/QUO

just shows I have a good memory.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave