200-1

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Kingsbury has always had good offenses and if he coaches a good offense here than he will likely be succesful. The defense has a good coordinator leading them and will likely be fine.

This isn't like his college teams that were piss poor on defense and he had to rely on scoring a ton of point to try and outscore the other team. If he leads a good offense here than he will win games.
Agree about his offenses putting up points but it’s pretty easy for college teams to run up big numbers, especially in the big 12.

I’m not so sure his offense is going to be “innovative” in the NFL. The league has pretty much seen everything.

Hopefully he turns out great but I’d like to see a guy who has had at least “some” credentials when it comes to being a NFL head coach.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Agree about his offenses putting up points but it’s pretty easy for college teams to run up big numbers, especially in the big 12.

I’m not so sure his offense is going to be “innovative” in the NFL. The league has pretty much seen everything.

Hopefully he turns out great but I’d like to see a guy who has had at least “some” credentials when it comes to being a NFL head coach.
Of course there is no guarantee, but he has been endorsed by a lot of people as a great offensive mind and if they can be believed than we can assume that he will likely be able to adapt. In a way I think pointing at his record in college to prove whether or not he will fail in the NFL is flawed. Because like I said he won't be in the same situation as he was running a college program and if the offense is good than the team will likely succeed with him as the coach.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Of course there is no guarantee, but he has been endorsed by a lot of people as a great offensive mind and if they can be believed than we can assume that he will likely be able to adapt. In a way I think pointing at his record in college to prove whether or not he will fail in the NFL is flawed. Because like I said he won't be in the same situation as he was running a college program and if the offense is good than the team will likely succeed with him as the coach.
Are you not concerned that Vance Joseph puts together a really successful defense and creates a divide?

I'm sure worried that Joseph turns out to be more adept with NFL personnel, while KK is the "cool guy."

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Are you not concerned that Vance Joseph puts together a really successful defense and creates a divide?

I'm sure worried that Joseph turns out to be more adept with NFL personnel, while KK is the "cool guy."
Why would that create a divide? It's not like high school where you have guys playing on both sides of the ball. If the offense and defense are both good than there would be absolutely no reason for a divide of the locker room.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why would that create a divide? It's not like high school where you have guys playing on both sides of the ball. If the offense and defense are both good than there would be absolutely no reason for a divide of the locker room.
This team alone has experienced this. I don't know how you can say it's not a concern. When the defense is on the field the majority of the game, and keeps the team in it, the offense gets blamed.

Given that Vance Joseph worked his way up in the NFL to being an HC, and could likely be more adept at leading professionals instead of college kids, that rift seems easily apparent. Let's not forget - the defensive side of the ball is full of veterans. The offensive side is comparatively very young.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This team alone has experienced this. I don't know how you can say it's not a concern. When the defense is on the field the majority of the game, and keeps the team in it, the offense gets blamed.

Given that Vance Joseph worked his way up in the NFL to being an HC, and could likely be more adept at leading professionals instead of college kids, that rift seems easily apparent. Let's not forget - the defensive side of the ball is full of veterans. The offensive side is comparatively very young.
Like I said this is assuming that the defense is playing well and the offense isn't. However if both sides of the ball are playing well than I don't see a divide happening.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You’re just reaching for the stars now.
Oh, come on. Stop with the rose colored glasses.

We have a head coach who couldn't pick up another head coaching job in college ball, who has two winning seasons to his name, and has never called a play in pro football. How am I reaching for the stars to say that the guy with an NFL head coaching resume might earn the team's respect over Tom Brady's one-year backup?

Like I said this is assuming that the defense is playing well and the offense isn't. However if both sides of the ball are playing well than I don't see a divide happening.
Let's sure hope. But historically, rookie coaches, rookie QBs, and rookie WRs are all slow starters.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Oh, come on. Stop with the rose colored glasses.

We have a head coach who couldn't pick up another head coaching job in college ball, who has two winning seasons to his name, and has never called a play in pro football. How am I reaching for the stars to say that the guy with an NFL head coaching resume might earn the team's respect over Tom Brady's one-year backup?

Let's sure hope. But historically, rookie coaches, rookie QBs, and rookie WRs are all slow starters.
There is a difference between starting slow and being pathetic to the point that the defense loses all faith in you. That's what would have to happen this year for your scenario to take place.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
As long as the over is 5.5 or less...... I am going to use it to bust the house.

7 wins at least. Thats my guess.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
It’s 5.
It’s exactly where it should be. Using Pythagorean Differential, which is a good outlook to a teams win total for the next year, they are slated for 5 wins on the nose. There’s a ton of math involved but it had the cards at 3 wins going into last year. I wouldn’t touch that bet with a ten foot pole.

If you do wanna throw some money down bet GB SF over and Chargers Saints and Rams under. It rates the niners as winning the west and the rams taking a big step back to .500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If Vance ends up killing it and KK fails, I am sure we can retain and promote Vance. No big deal.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Vance ends up killing it and KK fails, I am sure we can retain and promote Vance. No big deal.

Let's hope that doesn't happen. I think Joseph can be a very good DC, but he's an average HC at best. He was a significantly better HC than Wilks, but then again, so was Rich Kotite. Elway deserved to be fired more than Vance did, but that was never going to happen in Denver. With Murray at QB, I'd rather have an offensive minded HC.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Eh, I'm not even saying Vance kills it. Just that he could turn out to be the more stable influence. KK seems like a chill guy, I don't think anyone's going to start hating him at any point.