Lakers may sign D'Angelo Russell

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really can't stand people just making poo up to fit their narrative. Knock it off

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They are good friends.

This can cut two ways.

1. Booker no doubt wants to play with him.
2. But as a friend he could be warning him not to come here.

The fact is, and it is a fact, Booker does not believe in our owner/management. Period. He doesn't.

At this point, why should he? Why should anyone? He continues to get sold a bill of goods.

He isn't going to re-sign here unless our management changes its spots and suddenly puts out a winner.

At any point in time between now and the end of his contract he could force his way out. He wants to win. Remember the whole 'this better be the last year we don't make the playoffs' remark? Is this next season the 2nd or 3rd since that comment? Either way, not good.

After the draft, does anyone believe our owner/management is suddenly good? No, it looks like fresh lows.

After every pundit laughing at us for the pathetic performance in the draft, and for good reason, does anyone think that free agents don't take notice to this? Hey lets sign with a perptually losing team that probably had the worst draft of any team this decade?

No one wants to jump on a sinking ship.

The hope is, that somehow Booker is recruiting him, instead of dissuading him, and that Jones can close the deal despite taking massive egg on his face from the draft. I highly highly highly doubt this, but until it happens it remains a sliver of hope.

But reports like this showcase the likely reality. He isn't coming here, and once again management had opportunities to fill holes, and instead squandered them and went after guys that would be the last couple spots on the bench of a playoff team.

We'll see how this plays out, but it seems destined the $arver clown show continues.
Uh, booker has already resigned here. Blowing a good portion of your post completely outta the water.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Morris
Markieff
Bledsoe
Dragic
Chandler
host of others

I'm not. I'll PM you.
Morris didn’t want out, he got shipped out bc he and his brother were dbags together.

Then Markieff wanted out bc Morris was sent packing.

So those are two awful examples that aren’t really even examples of what you’re trying to spew.

Bledsoe falls into your example.

Dragic doesn’t really. He would’ve been fine here if not for the three pgs fiasco. He wasn’t demanding trade bc he wanted to go to a winner.

And chandler? A retiree doesn’t count.

Kinda leaves your argument down to Bledsoe and this mysterious “host of others” . . . so unless you actually have provable evidence, you’re just flapping your gums.

Do players want to play on a winner? Yup. I’d say virtually all do. Doesn’t mean they’re all going to force their way off the suns.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well, Warren was pretty successful forcing his way out after the first year of a long term deal. Just saying.
He had 3 years remaining. Booker hasn’t even STARTED his 5 year deal yet. Big difference.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Warren was pretty successful forcing his way out after the first year of a long term deal. Just saying.

was just going to bring this up.

no one is saying Booker is going to ask out TODAY. But if you guys all think he's not always frustrated inside, watching the team got mocked, continually ending up with worse records after the last three seasons and wouldn't raise a stink if we suck again this year and the next, it's a little pollyanish, IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had 3 years remaining. Booker hasn’t even STARTED his 5 year deal yet. Big difference.

Is it really? I think it shows a player, even a one who's not super noteworthy, can effect change in his circumstances no matter how long their deal is.

Do I expect Booker to do this this season? No. He probably wouldn't even do it this season and this one, but if we still suck out loud and are the laughingstock of the league, there's ways to force change no matter how many years are still on one's contract.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

no one is saying Booker is going to ask out TODAY. But if you guys all think he's not always frustrated inside, watching the team got mocked, continually ending up with worse records after the last three seasons and wouldn't raise a stink if we suck again this year and the next, it's a little pollyanish, IMO.

I think he's frustrated now, like all competitive players stuck in a losing situation. And if we don't show real improvement this season I expect that frustration to rise but I have no idea where his breaking point will be. Maybe it's midseason this year, I just don't know, but I don't buy that he's already made up his mind that he wants out as some have suggested.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

And depending on what was said to Booker to induce his agreement to the extension (e.g., that they would acquire a star to pair with him, that they would put a viable team around him, that they would acquire a point guard so he wouldn't have to play the point anymore, etc.), unless something unexpectedly major happens in free agency, Booker will have legal arguments he can make to rescind his extension on the grounds of misrepresentation, mistake, misunderstanding, anticipatory repudiation and failure of condition precedent and/or subsequent, especially if Booker has yet to pocket a paycheck under the extension. It's why one of the choices in my poll is that he asks out during this offseason.

I still believe Booker sticks around to see what happens under Monty this upcoming season, but when this team continues to be awful due to lack of a starting point guard and lack of a starting power forward, and when Booker is forced to play the point again, I expect this season to play out much as Warren's season played out last year. And at that point, the only difference will be a year in terms of what's left on the long term deal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he's frustrated now, like all competitive players stuck in a losing situation. And if we don't show real improvement this season I expect that frustration to rise but I have no idea where his breaking point will be. Maybe it's midseason this year, I just don't know, but I don't buy that he's already made up his mind that he wants out as some have suggested.

except no one has said this. 88 says he thinks we're on thin ice and Booker is frustrated and even 1Sun (who's the most vociferous voice in this discussion about Book going bananas) has said he thinks Booker will give Monty at least a test run this season.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Russell is a great fit with Lebron/AD and unlike Kyrie/Kawhi his max is doable for them. That would be tough to swallow.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Russell is also a great fit here, with Booker and Ayton and Bridges. Let's see management's level of comittment to winning over the next few weeks.

We need to quit it with the rookies and move the average age of this team way up if we want to contend. Average age of our starters over the last few seasons has been about 22, and only even that high because of Chandler's crusty influence.

We need to stop asking these young guys to carry the load, and then bemoan their failure.
This game is not for youth to dominate.
Who are the best players in the league right now?

Harden 29 years old
Kahwi 27
Curry 31
Lebron 34
Giannis 24
A Davis 26
Durant 30
Westbrook 30
Kyrie 27
Lillard 28
Klay 29
Lowry 33
P George 29
Jokic 24

The only players who excel at a young age are those who are not only exceptional but have powerhouse teammates, and that's where we've fallen. Ayton, Bridges, and Booker will be in their prime together, but they need a star quality PG and another high quality big. The ones who seem to dominate at a young age are the bigs.

That's really all we needed to do this offseason.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns have Booker locked up. Personally I don't think he is going anywhere anytime soon. The Suns organization locked him up and Booker willingly took the money and contract extension. Having said that, Booker is 22. By the end of his contract he will still be young enough to go where he wants and still play at the top of his game. Booker knows it.

Does that mean he won't get extremely frustrated if things don't turn around? We know he will but I think it will be a slow burn situation. We know his patience will run out and he will be the loudest voice in the room with his contract. If that happens he could force a move but I don't see that happening in the next season or two.

Booker knew the state of the franchise when he signed his extension. I think this contract is his last straw so to speak. If in the next season or two we land another major piece of the organization and the franchise shows life we are probably OK. Winning cures all ills.

However, if we can't get the pieces here, the FO continues to bumble or if Monty doesn't work out? He doesn't resign and he could possibly force a move early. I just don't think he signs an extension now knowing it might take some time to turn things around.

I give it at least two seasons to halfway through his contract before anything happens. Maybe that is optimistic?

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
except no one has said this. 88 says he thinks we're on thin ice and Booker is frustrated and even 1Sun (who's the most vociferous voice in this discussion about Book going bananas) has said he thinks Booker will give Monty at least a test run this season.

If you believe this you have skipped an awful lot of posts the past year or so going back to at least prior to him signing his new contract.

I see little value in worrying about it, it will happen or it won't but I actually see more cause for concern right now than I have previously. I'm not suggesting anything or predicting anything but not every young man wants to play for a devout Christian that brings his "faith" to work with him. Of course, I don't have a clue how much his beliefs enter his daily interactions with players but it does seem central to everything he says.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Amazing.Suns can't get decent players while dysfunctional Lakers build another championship team.

Arye Abraham‏ @arye_abraham
A source close to the situation has confirmed to me that D’Angelo Russell has reciprocal interest in the Lakers “if the money is right,” I’m told he loves Los Angeles and has no ill will towards LAL now that Magic Johnson is gone.

Why does magic being gone cause him to have interest? He was traded before he had a position on their staff. This makes zero sense.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Exactly. Even Anthony Davis would still be a Pelican if he had 5 years left on his deal.

Name a star player that forced his way off of a team with multiple years left on his contract.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Exactly. Even Anthony Davis would still be a Pelican if he had 5 years left on his deal.

Name a star player that forced his way off of a team with multiple years left on his contract.

Kyrie Irving.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dont worry suns fans we will get a mediocre ricky Rubio to save our franchise....

I just have no hope for fa i mean what great fa would want to be hete after seeing what suns did on draft night...

Hope suns prove wrong but not feeling very confident

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you believe this you have skipped an awful lot of posts the past year or so going back to at least prior to him signing his new contract.

or maybe you're completely blowing TWO posters opinions up to make it seem like a rash of them... with one of those posters in THIS THREAD saying he thinks Booker will at least give Monty a shot.

and those people STILL haven't said he's already made up his mind. They're fearful he could if we continue to suck.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Warren ain't no Booker, and yet he forced himself out...

Only because he was a severely flawed one dimensional player.

If TJ Warren is so great, why did hardly anyone want him, and it took the 32nd pick to move his modest contract. Answer - he is a flawed player and everyone knows it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really am sick of this mind reading crap about Booker.

Say all of you are right - so what, do you think the suns are doing things to try and lose?

They may be incompetent, but it is not in anyone's best interest for the team to remain a loser. Either the team gets better or it doesn't, Booker's feelings about it are completely moot, because knowing them changes nothing.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
and those people STILL haven't said he's already made up his mind. They're fearful he could if we continue to suck.

But that's a legitimate fear. I don't think too many posters have the Suns winning as many as 30 games next year, and where does the help come in Summer 2020?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave