Jackson For Dunn

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Both teams could use these players. Both players may benefit from a change of teams.

Bulls drafting White and looking to add a vet PG in FA can afford to move on from Dunn.

Suns having various options at the SG/SF they are limited at PG Dunn can at least play solid D.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I could get behind that...and I have been reluctant to trade Jackson.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dunn sucks. Pass. Wasn’t even interested in him at point of draft when his potential was highest.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dunn sucks. Pass. Wasn’t even interested in him at point of draft when his potential was highest.

Dunn is likely better than anyone else we could get at point guard at this point, and he at least has a chance of being a serviceable starter, which is more than I can say for any point guard currently on the roster. Is he ideal? Of course not. But I would take him as the starter over Joseph, Rubio, Tyler Johnson, Okobo, Melton, Jerome and Lecque any day.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Man this would be kind of rough for me. The Bulls take White after coming to the conclusion that Dunn isn't the answer at PG. We acquire Dunn after passing on White.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dunn is likely better than anyone else we could get at point guard at this point, and he at least has a chance of being a serviceable starter, which is more than I can say for any point guard currently on the roster. Is he ideal? Of course not. But I would take him as the starter over Joseph, Rubio, Tyler Johnson, Okobo, Melton, Jerome and Lecque any day.
Eh I’m not so certain. The numbers are mediocre at best and drop when you view any shooting. And it seems every team that has him looks to replace him. The entire offseason has been “Bulls need a PG!!!”

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Right we already have a bunch if crap so why trade for more?

If the choice is between taking a flyer on Dunn, who is better than anyone we have, or just dumping him for nothing or, worse, giving up an asset to dump him the way we did with Warren...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Eh I’m not so certain. The numbers are mediocre at best and drop when you view any shooting. And it seems every team that has him looks to replace him. The entire offseason has been “Bulls need a PG!!!”

It's also been "Wolves need a PF", but that didn't stop us from trading for Saric...only we gave up value for Saric, while Jackson apparently has no value to us at all and is going to be cut, anyway...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If the choice is between taking a flyer on Dunn, who is better than anyone we have, or just dumping him for nothing or, worse, giving up an asset to dump him the way we did with Warren...

If you want to argue who’s less-worse between Dunn/Johnson knock yourself out but I got more entertaining things to do like counting the ceiling fan revolutions per minute.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh. Good. I thought this was an actual trade. I would rather just cut JJ.

OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Suns need players and they also need depth at PG. If Dunn can become a scorer when left open with his D he can be a Pat B type going forward.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Suns need players and they also need depth at PG. If Dunn can become a scorer when left open with his D he can be a Pat B type going forward.
That’s just it . . . he can’t. He’s averaged 32% on low volume threes thus far in his career. And that’s with people leaving him wide open bc they know he can’t shoot.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At this point even Dunn seems a generous offer for Jackson.

Right now Dunn is the more skilled version of Melton, so he would not hurt and I still believe he can develop into a quality NBA-player, he has amazing physical tools and also good dribbling and passing skills.

Somehow it just did not work out for him.

Last edited:

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Dunn is from my local college and I watched him in person a lot. He has the tools to be great and can shoot. Somewhere from PC to now he lost his shot. His defense is outstanding. Of the two I think Dunn has the greater potential over JJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Dunn is from my local college and I watched him in person a lot. He has the tools to be great and can shoot. Somewhere from PC to now he lost his shot. His defense is outstanding. Of the two I think Dunn has the greater potential over JJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think JJs potential is miles ahead of Dunn, the problem is that at this current rate JJ will be out of the NBA and in jail in 2 years

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA