Suns cancel season ticket holder meeting

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning –

Due to ongoing discussions to trade the rights to our 2019 draft picks, and with respect for the NBA moratorium, we will be cancelling our Inside the Huddle event scheduled for this coming Monday and rescheduling for a later date. Our front office looks forward to sharing insight into the future of our team once they are able, and we appreciate your support as we continue to build on the positive momentum of this offseason. I will be sure to let you know as soon as we confirm a new date for this event.

Thank you. Go Suns!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Geez, the Suns have NO concept of optics.

All of this stuff over the past few days--how exactly do they think it looks to the fans?? And even further, it feels like they don't give a crap about the fans.

I wish people would stop paying money to see the games--that is what is going to get Sarver's attention.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
"Our front office looks forward to sharing insight into the future of our team once they are able..."

In other words, once they can some up with something that sounds like "insight."

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good morning –

Due to ongoing discussions to trade the rights to our 2019 draft picks, and with respect for the NBA moratorium, we will be cancelling our Inside the Huddle event scheduled for this coming Monday and rescheduling for a later date. Our front office looks forward to sharing insight into the future of our team once they are able, and we appreciate your support as we continue to build on the positive momentum of this offseason. I will be sure to let you know as soon as we confirm a new date for this event.

Thank you. Go Suns!

Well in all fairness, both of the picks were trades that can't be completed till like July 6th - so even though this looks like they are ducking the fans, this would have happened regardless.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I think they understand how mad the people paying admission are....

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well in all fairness, both of the picks were trades that can't be completed till like July 6th - so even though this looks like they are ducking the fans, this would have happened regardless.

Originally it was just the GM and the Coach.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep, the Atlanta fans were talking about their "GM speak" post-draft and all it was able to be was a song and dance. And they had a "great" draft that they definitely want to talk about.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Geez, the Suns have NO concept of optics.

All of this stuff over the past few days--how exactly do they think it looks to the fans?? And even further, it feels like they don't give a crap about the fans.

I wish people would stop paying money to see the games--that is what is going to get Sarver's attention.
My parents were 30+ year season ticket holders. Their feet were on the court for most of the last years in Veterans memorial and then in the front row when we moved to AWA until 2009. I left town in the late 90's but they stayed and stayed and stayed.

I knew about the 5 million per year issue on JJ's contract through a family friend who is very close to BC. Sarver was dead to all of us from that point on. I think they gave up their tickets in 2009 or 10. But by then..... they were just so dead inside by what they saw and heard.

F this team and F Robert Sarver. I never knew that I could ever feel this way about the Suns franchise. It's honestly, quite an overwhelming feeling.

Sorry for the implied cussing. I just really hate that bastard.

Reactions: HGC

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It makes sense. It's really just highlights the ridiculous NBA off-season calendar. They have to fix it.

35 of the 60 picks yesterday were involved in trades.

However, the season ticket meeting will be fire if they don't pull a rabbit out of their hat in free agency.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently they are not allowed to talk about players before the trade is completed - that is why Jones has not talked to the media since the draft finished.

So this is what blows me away...

If you knew you were making trades, why send out the invite the day before the draft if you can't talk about them.

It's really odd

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think that meeting is cancelled until they get a free agent PG that maybe shores up all of yesterdays moves. As Dan Bickley writes, if they get D'Angello Russell, then all is forgivin.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It makes sense. It's really just highlights the ridiculous NBA off-season calendar. They have to fix it.

35 of the 60 picks yesterday were involved in trades.

However, the season ticket meeting will be fire if they don't pull a rabbit out of their hat in free agency.

Yep, this is the thing. They can't talk, they still have to call Culver the Suns pick, the ridiculous wearing of the wrong teams hat. The league needs to fix this now.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I think that meeting is cancelled until they get a free agent PG that maybe shores up all of yesterdays moves. As Dan Bickley writes, if they get D'Angello Russell, then all is forgivin.

The latest buzz is that the Nets aren't going to pursue Kyrie and will match any offer for DLo so they might be waiting a long time. Who knows, a lot can happen in the next 10 days.

The Suns obviously have no specific plan. They obviously planned to improve "character" but there is no way they have a specific plan for free agency. They don't even have a seat at the table.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The latest buzz is that the Nets aren't going to pursue Kyrie and will match any offer for DLo so they might be waiting a long time. Who knows, a lot can happen in the next 10 days.

The Suns obviously have no specific plan. They obviously planned to improve "character" but there is no way they have a specific plan for free agency. They don't even have a seat at the table.
I heard Kyrie was told he had to get KD to come there, too. It seems Broklyn is willing to sign KD even hurt. Now there's this rumor of contract signings by Golden State to circumvent the NBA contract law, and no one is sure Silver will let it fly.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So this is what blows me away...

If you knew you were making trades, why send out the invite the day before the draft if you can't talk about them.

It's really odd
The trades didn't happen until the day of. Once trades start, they really start moving. I am not apologizing for the marketing/FO team, just trying to be realistic. They might not have known what the day had in store. They may have gotten the "all clear" from a free agent PG and that sent things in motion. It should become clearer (or more ghastly) in the next three weeks.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Me, I appreciate them letting you know ahead of time, rather than get you down there and not tell you anything. THAT would really p--- me off!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
OK, I understand that the Suns can't talk about all the trades and such until July 6.

So why did they schedule this meeting in the first place? They've known the timeline for months.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is that James Jones is so inexperienced he didn't understand the NBA rules.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At this point it would be more merciful for the Suns just to cancel the season.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just sell the team sarver.... atleast than maybe Arizona can get a new team with a real owner that has a passion for winning