Robert Nkemdiche Arrested

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Parking an unregistered vehicle on a public street involves getting one of those pain-in-the-rear-hard-to-remove-orange stickers on the vehicle's window as a warning before an actual ticket is issued also, as far as I know. Heck, we had a fully registered and drive-able vehicle parked in front of our house where we have lived for more than 20 years and we were constantly getting tagged by the local police in a non-HOA neighborhood. Such a pain to get those stickers off.
Funny story: When I was living in North Carolina, I got a ticket in the mail for staying past the allotted parking time. It was a $10 ticket. Trouble is, the time I was to have been parked there, I would have been at work 2 towns away. I called them and showed them and told them that I was never in this area. They ended up squashing the ticket. Fast forward to a year or so later and I'm back living in NJ. I get pulled over for an expired failed inspection sticker(the sticker was a NJ sticker while my car had NC plates and registration. I didn't have a NC inspection sticker because at the time inspection wasn't required in NC). The cop took my paperwork, returned and said that my plate didn't match my registration. He asked me if I knew. I said no but it explained a lot and I told him about the other ticket. Apparently when I got my NC registration, they had given me the wrong plate. Cop ticketed me for unclear tags and a short time later I converted everything over to NJ. I still have the plate.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was some BS about having to "move your vehicle within 3 days" or something. You could park it in front of your house but not just park it and leave it in the same spot. It was a secondary vehicle we were trying to sell, but did NOT have it marked for sale in any way. I started it and drove it around the block every day to keep it going while we tried to sell it - so it was in running condition and driven and re-parked each night. I think we had a busy body officer who regularly drove down our street that just assumed it sat there and never moved. The tires would get tagged with chalk literally every day and I would consciously get out and verify when I re-parked it that the chalk was not where it was when I got in for my nightly drive. Still got red tagged a few times. What really upset us was down one block to the East there is a rarely used street where people just park their cars for weeks on end and none of them were ever bothered like ours. I think our car stood out on our street some days because the street sweeper would have to go around it (even though we do not have any posted days for street sweeping or anything). That or the garbage truck and recycling truck drivers, too. I imagine any of them could have complained about the car sitting on the street in front of our home.
Speaking as a law enforcement officer, stories like these piss me off. This is what happens when you use the police as tax collectors. In our town, you can't have your car parked on a certain side of the street on Thursdays between 7am-12pm whether or not the street sweeper comes which is often it blows off my street.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didnt say anything about pulling him over. I was talking about a deep search. Then news came out that he was being impounded and that makes sense of why they did the deep search.

Going 30 over the speed limit never constitutes a deep search, getting impounded is a different story.
I actually saw that and thought I had edited my posting so I apologize for the confusion.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So a GM of an NFL team doesn’t realize that a guy (who had red flags) has an outstanding warrant and pre-empt this situation by sitting Nkemdiche down. Is this a Division 1AA compliance office?
The team isn't required to hold his hand. As they like to say, he's a grown ass man. Also, it wasn't an outstanding warrant, it was a failure to appear notice but let's not put the onus on the grown man, let's put it on the team. :rolleyes:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
So the real question is should we start a poll on how soon Nkemdiche gets released by the team or what his punishment will be? Where is resident pollsters?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see the responses if he was putting up numbers like JJ Watt. I bet they'd be much different. But, he's not, so there you go.

Of course they'd be different, but Nkemdiche has never showed us that he had the potential to be a great player or even just a serviceable one. "Bust" has been associated with him from early on due to his lack of production, lack of playing, being inactive, etc.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'd like to see the responses if he was putting up numbers like JJ Watt. I bet they'd be much different. But, he's not, so there you go.
Jim the Bottom line is he’s been an under productive, overhyped, lazy & somewhat troubled kid beginning at Ole Miss & in the pros so his spots aren’t changing based off his track record.

Time to cut bait ASAP & quit hoping this tiger is going to change his stripes.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
That qualifies under, "Duh." It's not like he did something beyond the pale like beat up his wife, kid, girlfriend, murder somebody etc.

The question is, does his contribution to the team warrant tolerating indiscretions and bad press? In his case, NO.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I will never understand how some GMs and/or owners either turn a blind eye or disregard scouting reports on players with questionable character flaws (lazy, undisciplined, sketchy or odd) thinking either they can change them or the reports are wrong after spending a day with that person and then stuff like this happens. Keim & Bidwill fell in love with dude after spending a day with him and he played them for a fool. Showed he’s not a complete knucklehead as he was able to fool them by being on his best behavior that day.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will never understand how some GMs and/or owners either turn a blind eye or disregard scouting reports on players with questionable character flaws (lazy, undisciplined, sketchy or odd) thinking either they can change them or the reports are wrong after spending a day with that person and then stuff like this happens. Keim & Bidwill fell in love with dude after spending a day with him and he played them for a fool. Showed he’s not a complete knucklehead as he was able to fool them by being on his best behavior that day.

I think Keim and BA got cocky after the success the had with the HB. Probably thought they could easily do the same thing with Nkemdiche.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
If the league suspends him for the incident, at least he'd miss those games anyway with his knee rehab. In the end, the best we can hope is Nkemdiche showing some flashes towards the end of the season and netting us a late round comp pick. It's not like our DL group is that deep, so I could easily see Nkemdiche rotate in behind Peters, Philon, Gunter and Allen.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think he flashes because he doesn't care. There are tons of stories of elite players use cocaine. That'd just be a lazy excuse for his lack of desire.

Sent from MrYeahBut's phone using Tapatalk
Maybe Bob needs to be mentored by LT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the league suspends him for the incident, at least he'd miss those games anyway with his knee rehab. In the end, the best we can hope is Nkemdiche showing some flashes towards the end of the season and netting us a late round comp pick. It's not like our DL group is that deep, so I could easily see Nkemdiche rotate in behind Peters, Philon, Gunter and Allen.

Not sure about that. I would guess he would be on the PUP to start the year. If so I cannot imagine those would count towards serving the suspension.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Not sure about that. I would guess he would be on the PUP to start the year. If so I cannot imagine those would count towards serving the suspension.
I'm not sure about this. Players that got suspended and were injured have served their suspension while rehabbing, at least in the past. Since Nkemdiche's incident is more likely a 1 or 2 game ban than 4 or 6, you may be right though that he'd start on PUP anyway after a serious knee injury.

What a waste of a 1st round pick. DJ Humphries and Deonne Bucannon were home runs compared to Diche.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson