ASU Basketball 2018/2019

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Interesting and definitely planned that they'll be playing Buffalo if they beat St John's. Bobby Hurley's old team against his new one.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Interesting and definitely planned that they'll be playing Buffalo if they beat St John's. Bobby Hurley's old team against his new one.
First thing I saw as well. The committee denies this but there are just too many coincidences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Don’t look past St. John’s. They’re up and down, but they can play with anyone when on. I’ll be surprised if the devils win that game.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dort going pro. I don't claim to know much about basketball but I just don't see it with him. He is good but not NBA good

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Dort going pro. I don't claim to know much about basketball but I just don't see it with him. He is good but not NBA good

Shooting guard with no shot.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Doesn't look like Hurley will be heading back east and is going to stay here. He's poised to sign a 5 year contract extension as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU adds forward Khalid Thomas for much needed help in the frontcourt.

Arizona State men's basketball coach Bobby Hurley just missed on a couple of transfers he had hoped to land earlier this offseason but the Sun Devil boss just got a commitment from Khalid Thomas, a 6-foot-9 junior college forward out of the College of Southern Idaho.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...alid-thomas-who-considered-oregon/1278221001/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My kid tells me he went undrafted and was scooped up by OKC. Horrible decision by Dort

It was a bad decision for sure. I can't help but wonder if there is a reason he went undrafted we don't know about. A lot of project players were drafted.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Dort made a name early in the season against summer decent teams in games that were widely available.

He was exciting and good.

So for people who do not follow the team, they would see ASU having success and it was tied completely to the exciting player they saw

They didn't see a guy who seemed to get worse as the season went on, that didn't shine in conference play and made as many errors as good plays

However, he declared and media people go that he was the best player on a tournament team and we liked what we saw, so he should be drafted in the 1st

People who really watched him realized he can't shoot, while he can drive and create it is usually fine without purpose letting to more turnovers than assists and while he can play really good defense he can also get really lost on defense

The guy has a very low basketball IQ.

There are enough physical tools and success that a team will try and develop him. There wasn't enough where anyone should have thought he was going 1st round and going undrafted had to be as likely as not