Welcome Aron Baynes

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The only way it makes since is if he takes a buyout of like 1 million or less. That way we at least get a bit over 4 million back off the cap.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Seriously if we ate cap space after giving away an asset to rid ourselves of a valuable asset I just - **** the suns!!!

They've been shooting from the hip all day. Right now they're standing back looking at this mess trying to figure out what they're gonna tell mom and dad when they get home.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Last season in the midst of our tank, had someone said all we'd get out of the deal was Cam Johnson, Ty Jerome, Dario Saric, and Aron Baynes after moving down, giving up the Bucks pick, #32, and Warren... everyone would of laughed at them.

We traded the #6 pick, the Bucks pick and Warren for four backups.

Wow
The only way it makes since is if he takes a buyout of like 1 million or less. That way we at least get a bit over 4 million back off the cap.

Is
LOL! The comedy never ends!

Eat salary you didn't need to take on in the first place. Well, it's not like that's anything new for the Suns.

Is this real life? WORST SUNS OFFSEASON DAY EVER!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

even if he takes a buyout, does that wipe away his cap number?

Trading any future first round pick for a late first round pick in a bad draft AND taking salary on truly makes zero sense whatsoever if we buy Baynes out.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Trading any future first round pick for a late first round pick in a bad draft AND taking salary on truly makes zero sense whatsoever if we buy Baynes out.

While not sure, I don't think it does. I think we just save money, but it still counts on the books. He gets to go somewhere else.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they trade Warren for cap relief and use it on Saric and Baynes.

Maybe Jones said, "We've been screwing up for years so I have a new plan. Every time somebody calls today with a deal I'm gonna say YES!"

You must be registered for see images attach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
League might need to step in at some point. If they want the 5th largest market in the country to have a team

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

I am not 100% certain but I believe that whatever his buyout is will be his cap hit number for us.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean I didn’t really want him, but buying him out is insane.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We seem to buyout about half the guys we trade for the past few years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While not sure, I don't think it does. I think we just save money, but it still counts on the books. He gets to go somewhere else.

that's kinda what I thought. if they do this, it's just... well... to quote Brendan Haywood:

"Phoenix is gonna Phoenix!"

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not 100% certain but I believe that whatever his buyout is will be his cap hit number for us.

i don't think that's right... not sure, but don't think so.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Does the Baynes buyout mean that the Suns are counting on Bender to be the backup center? I'm serious.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does the buyout mean that the Suns are counting on Bender to be the backup center? I'm serious.

I doubt he is back. He is an unrestricted free agent and if all he is looking at is near minimum contracts then if I was him I would be looking for a fresh start somewhere.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was going to lose it if we gave the Lakers a free player to round out their bench.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave