Suns Trade for Pick 24

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I keep saying this is a two year dig out. We are so woefully behind in talent, we have to take two years to get back to play off worthy.

Before tonight I thought this was true. The problem is, after tonight I'm thinking it's a three year dig out.

We just wasted a year of the rebuild. We just exchanged some back of the roster pieces to fit what our new coach and gm want. It cost us our draft this year and the Bucks pick and Warren.

SunsFanFirst

Veteran
Reaction score
Virginia isn't winning the title without Jerome. I'll take the Champs starting PG any day. He is light years ahead of Melton and Okobo
Lets not overrate Virginia. They dont get out of the final 4 if the refs knew how to call a double dribble and/or Auburns best player been able to play.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Before tonight I thought this was true. The problem is, after tonight I'm thinking it's a three year dig out.

We just wasted a year of the rebuild. We just exchanged some back of the roster pieces to fit what our new coach and gm want. It cost us our draft this year and the Bucks pick and Warren.
Who could we get with our cap space and the talent we had, and the stupid milwaukee pick we couldn't get anyone to take last year? No one is going to give us diamonds for dog turds.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with A and B. As for C, I will bet you almost anything we do not re-sign Oubre. As for D, Ayton remains the only rebounder in the front court, so opponents can continue to just converge on him, thereby neutralizing him. As for the shooters, they are all of sub-par athleticism, and outside of Booker they have no ability at all to drive, so all opponents have to do is crowd them and dare them to drive. All with still no facilitator. This will be an offense that has a lot of forced outside contested jumpers and 24 second violations.

I will take that bet. How about the loser can’t post here for 3 months?

I got the transaction. I'm rooting for Offset.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lets not overrate Virginia. They dont get out of the final 4 if the refs knew how to call a double dribble and/or Auburns best player been able to play.
All I'm saying he's a PG on the Champs and plays in the ACC where he's tested every game. Best turnover ratio In draft I believe. From where we were at 5p I'd say it's a win.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
All I'm saying he's a PG on the Champs and plays in the ACC where he's tested every game. Best turnover ratio In draft I believe. From where we were at 5p I'd say it's a win.

Suns fans said the same thing about Toby Bailey. How did that one work out for us?

That being said, I think Ty Jerome will make a nice back-up combo guard. The problem is that we needed a starting point guard and power forward, and we gave up our entire 2019 draft, TJ Warren and a future first round pick and came away with neither.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do you think White is that much better than Jerome? Like i said I love Carolina but he really isnt.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you think White is that much better than Jerome? Like i said I love Carolina but he really isnt.

I think I agree, from the little I have watched of Jerome I think I like him better.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Suns fans said the same thing about Toby Bailey. How did that one work out for us?

That being said, I think Ty Jerome will make a nice back-up combo guard. The problem is that we needed a starting point guard and power forward, and we gave up our entire 2019 draft, TJ Warren and a future first round pick and came away with neither.
Oh, we got a starting PF. You may not like him, but we got a body that has PF after his name in the lineup.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who could we get with our cap space and the talent we had, and the stupid milwaukee pick we couldn't get anyone to take last year? No one is going to give us diamonds for dog turds.

#6 we'd get a PGOF or a PF. Maybe they bust, but potentially a long term starter.

If James Jones has clout with players, maybe he could sell that we solved our PG or PF spot and just need that free agent to complete it. That was the hope. That no matter what any of us know, it's his first offseason as GM and he make something happen.

But after tonight I have no faith at all in James Jones.

He turned silver into dog turds.

At the very least the Bucks pick could be a trade chip in a larger package for something we needed. Or we could simply draft a guy with potential. It's only top 7 protected and unprotected next year. Surely it conveys next year, but a couple of injuries and it might be a top 15 pick.

We needed some starters, and had some assets to potentially get starters. Our plan was to forgo taking a chance to get starters and aim for rotational pieces, one of which we seem to be buying out (Baynes).

We didn't acquire anyone that seems to have a shot at being a longtime starter. We acquired guys that seem set to be backup players.

It's baffling. If we had a shot to get any decent free agents, this draft performance was a reminder why they should run away.

I just don't know what else to say. Before the draft I had some hope James could do something in free agency. After this draft, because of how it was conducted, I don't see how it could ever be possible.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't have time to read everything, but I want 1sun to say what he would have done in this draft. I know this is tough because we just don't know what was actually available or not for the assets we actually had. Maybe it's impossible. Let's say stick at #6 land the #24, and keep #32?

Thanks
Joe

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
don't have time to read everything, but I want 1sun to say what he would have done in this draft. I know this is tough because we just don't know what was actually available or not for the assets we actually had. Maybe it's impossible. Let's say stick at #6 land the #24, and keep #32?

Thanks
Joe

White at 6, Kabengele at 24 and Paschall at 32.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Thanks
Joe

Take white and Cam or Jerome at 32. There you have it

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Say what? Toby Bailey had a horrible assist to turnover ratio and I'm almost positive that Tyus Edney and Cameron Dollar were the point guards on that championship team, not Bailey. And I don't remember any Suns fans saying anything about Toby that's like the stuff you've said or just quoted from sdscard4. Was there some other point you were trying to make about Bailey and just forgot to include it in your post?