Welcome Aron Baynes

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why are you wasting the cap space you can use for a premiere PG for a scrub back up Center?

5 mil. Mmmmmmmm

These feels like my little brother is playing 2k Franchise mode and he is 4

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
So they trade Warren for cap relief and use it on Saric and Baynes.

Maybe Jones said, "We've been screwing up for years so I have a new plan. Every time somebody calls today with a deal I'm gonna say YES!"

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We could have gotten a better back-up center signing a guy off the street for the veteran minimum.

Though I guess we still have 5 roster spots for that...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they trade Warren for cap relief and use it on Saric and Baynes.

Maybe Jones said, "We've been screwing up for years so I have a new plan. Every time somebody calls today with a deal I'm gonna say YES!"

Yes to this but no to your next sentence. Jones told us several months ago that he was going to do things like this. It's his opinion that kids are basically useless and you win with mid-career veterans. I don't know, maybe he's right, but kids grow into stars sometimes and if you keep giving them away for middling veterans, what's your future? Maybe he's confident we have 3 stars already and just need role players but we still don't have our starting PG or our starting PF, that seems more important to me.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Suns had to give a pick to unload unwanted salary. Ainge actually gave nothing to unload his.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seems to me he is trying to bring in vets that will help the team be marginally more competitive this year. While at the same time creating a large amount of salary cap space for next year. Who knows, I haven't watched in a couple of years and I tuned in today hoping for something better . We will see.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems to me he is trying to bring in vets that will help the team be marginally more competitive this year. While at the same time creating a large amount of salary cap space for next year. Who knows, I haven't watched in a couple of years and I tuned in today hoping for something better . We will see.

A large amount? Hardly. Maybe 30 million.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Last season in the midst of our tank, had someone said all we'd get out of the deal was Cam Johnson, Ty Jerome, Dario Saric, and Aron Baynes after moving down, giving up the Bucks pick, #32, and Warren... everyone would of laughed at them.

We traded the #6 pick, the Bucks pick and Warren for four backups.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Last season in the midst of our tank, had someone said all we'd get out of the deal was Cam Johnson, Ty Jerome, Dario Saric, and Aron Baynes after moving down, giving up the Bucks pick, #32, and Warren... everyone would of laughed at them.

No, we traded the #6 pick, the Bucks pick, the #32 pick and Warren for one back-up, two expiring overpaid G Leaguer contracts and a future G Leaguer.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No, we traded the #6 pick, the Bucks pick, the #32 pick and Warren for one back-up, two expiring overpaid G Leaguer contracts and a future G Leaguer.

I forgot the #32 pick in this post.

Four assets for four backups (or perhaps as you describe them)

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Yes, that seems correct. 10 points to Gryffindor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Man that’s an ugly, and accurate post.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If we are already taking the cap hit then why the hell would we just let him go when he fills a need (backup center). This is getting ridiculous.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

LOL! The comedy never ends!

Eat salary you didn't need to take on in the first place. Well, it's not like that's anything new for the Suns.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Seriously if we ate cap space after giving away an asset to rid ourselves of a valuable asset I just - fudge the suns!!!

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns had to give a pick to unload unwanted salary. Ainge actually gave nothing to unload his.

Apples and oranges. TJ makes more than double annually and has 3 years left. Baynes is expiring.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we are already taking the cap hit then why the hell would we just let him go when he fills a need (backup center). This is getting ridiculous.

Maybe to help out James Jones' buddy in LA?...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson