Is this the most unanimously disliked pick in ASFN history?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Scratching my head to think of someone more universally panned than this guy. Is there anyone who approves of this pick?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scratching my head to think of someone more universally panned than this guy. Is there anyone who approves of this pick?

It's close, I don't know anyone that liked the Len pick. But I'd say Kendall Marshall was an even worse pick unless you're looking at Cam and judging him as the 6th pick.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I hated the Kendall Marshall pick worse than this pick. But there was also absolutely no talent chosen after Marshall.

I think there will be a couple of gems in the #12-#25 range. Kabengele might be one.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes.

I'm a guy who generally sees the good in things. I try to see what our team's GM's or whatever are thinking.

I can't for the life of me figure this one out.

Give away Warren. Trade down for nothing. Draft 2nd round guy who can basically only shoot at #11 at a position we have a logjam at and supposedly has medical red flags.

We don't even have #32 anymore to look forward to. We probably could of gotten this guy with #32.

With $arver running things, and apparently these jokers, and the idiocy of the past 10-15 years, I don't see how anyone good comes here in free agency.

There's no point in tanking with the rule changes. Still have major holes at PG and PF.

Additionally another wing means one of two things.
1. We don't like our other wings
2. Lessens minutes for the other wings to develop

I fear whoever we sign in free agency will be middling at best, be overpaid, and we'll have to give away a 1st round pick to unload them in a year or two.

If this is the plan, just overpay the scrubs in free agency at the 5th best notch instead of 4th and take your chances with the guys and picks that we originally had.

I hope I am wrong. This guy turns into even a Korver type assassin, and we somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat and get a good PG and PF in free agency. But since I don't smoke crack I'll put the odds near zero.

At least Marshall was a position of need. We don't need another wing. We have too many.

Now I fear the clock is ticking with an eventual Booker trade demand.

I legitimately wonder now if Jones meant Cam Reddish, but didn't see he was drafted and sent in the wrong card.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Don't forget, they didn't even bring this guy in for a workout. In fact, they hardly brought anyone in for a workout. No due diligence at all. Jones probably watched a Youtube video last night after Jeff Bower talked him up.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This guy had a better day than James Jones

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This draft was so bad that the forums decided to say Frack it and went down.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think everyone had different players they were looking to get. NONE of us had this guy in the first round. I think aside from the disappointment that we wanted other players, it's not like we look at this pick and go, well I kind of understand it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Saric and Johnson instead of Culver.

Possible FA PG Brogdon and Oubre instead of Warren.

Let it play out.

Oubre is gone. Count on it. There is no way they draft a wing if Oubre stays.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Let it play out.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Yes.

I'm a guy who generally sees the good in things. I try to see what our team's GM's or whatever are thinking.

I can't for the life of me figure this one out.

Give away Warren. Trade down for nothing. Draft 2nd round guy who can basically only shoot at #11 at a position we have a logjam at and supposedly has medical red flags.

We don't even have #32 anymore to look forward to. We probably could of gotten this guy with #32.

With $arver running things, and apparently these jokers, and the idiocy of the past 10-15 years, I don't see how anyone good comes here in free agency.

There's no point in tanking with the rule changes. Still have major holes at PG and PF.

Additionally another wing means one of two things.
1. We don't like our other wings
2. Lessens minutes for the other wings to develop

I fear whoever we sign in free agency will be middling at best, be overpaid, and we'll have to give away a 1st round pick to unload them in a year or two.

If this is the plan, just overpay the scrubs in free agency at the 5th best notch instead of 4th and take your chances with the guys and picks that we originally had.

I hope I am wrong. This guy turns into even a Korver type assassin, and we somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat and get a good PG and PF in free agency. But since I don't smoke crack I'll put the odds near zero.

At least Marshall was a position of need. We don't need another wing. We have too many.

Now I fear the clock is ticking with an eventual Booker trade demand.

I legitimately wonder now if Jones meant Cam Reddish, but didn't see he was drafted and sent in the wrong card.

Len was disliked (me included) but there was some semblance of being ahead of the curve and catching lightning in a bottle. Marshall was at a position of need at a later pick. The Suns Management flushed the franchise down the drain today. At what point does the league step in and talk to ownership?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think everyone had different players they were looking to get. NONE of us had this guy in the first round. I think aside from the disappointment that we wanted other players, it's not like we look at this pick and go, well I kind of understand it.

I thought he'd go in the late first round and there were plenty of mocks that had him in that area and he also made a few "sleeper" lists. This doesn't contest that we drafted him too early but here's an optimistic excerpt from an article about 5 possible sleepers on cbssports.com:

But what he is right now is perfect for the NBA. He is 6-foot-9 and an absolute lights-out shooter. Dude shot over 45 percent from three, and with his height and release point he isn't just hitting open looks -- he's knocking down contested shots. He's not a great athlete, another reason he doesn't have the upside of a guy like Little, but every single year there are guys who are labeled inferior athletes who get passed over despite their obvious basketball skill.

Johnson could easily be one of these players. Many mocks have him going in the late first round or even the second round. Someone is going to get a player who can produce in a role well above that slot. If somehow Johnson were to fall to 28 with the Warriors, man, just his shooting alone, with that size, would make him hugely useful in that offense.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Warren is gone already, Jackson is likely gone.

Even with drafting Johnson, they still have a clear NEED for another wing.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I thought he'd go in the late first round and there were plenty of mocks that had him in that area and he also made a few "sleeper" lists. This doesn't contest that we drafted him too early but here's an optimistic excerpt from an article about 5 possible sleepers on cbssports.com:

But what he is right now is perfect for the NBA. He is 6-foot-9 and an absolute lights-out shooter. Dude shot over 45 percent from three, and with his height and release point he isn't just hitting open looks -- he's knocking down contested shots. He's not a great athlete, another reason he doesn't have the upside of a guy like Little, but every single year there are guys who are labeled inferior athletes who get passed over despite their obvious basketball skill.

Johnson could easily be one of these players. Many mocks have him going in the late first round or even the second round. Someone is going to get a player who can produce in a role well above that slot. If somehow Johnson were to fall to 28 with the Warriors, man, just his shooting alone, with that size, would make him hugely useful in that offense.

A worse day than the trade down for Calvin Pace (who was at the grocery store when his agent called him in shock) and SKILLET Hands. I don’t see any upside to this day other than an empty arena to show management what we think. Ridiculous

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the most disappointed I've ever been in a draft.

I was there with you but trading for Ty Jerome made me feel a bit better. He was a player I liked later in the first round.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I was there with you but trading for Ty Jerome made me feel a bit better. He was a player I liked later in the first round.

This is not the NFL where you make up for screwing up an early pick by drafting a solid pick in rounds 2-7. No one they drafted today has any chance of being a solid contributor. All third stringers on any contender

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not the NFL where you make up for screwing up an early pick by drafting a solid pick in rounds 2-7. No one they drafted today has any chance of being a solid contributor. All third stringers on any contender

Tell that to Jokic.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tell that to Jokic.

Yeah, but the difference is, in the NFL mid round picks are expected to be able to contribute. In the NBA even the team who manages to land a dude like Jokic are shocked that they make it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but the difference is, in the NFL mid round picks are expected to be able to contribute. In the NBA even the team who manages to land a dude like Jokic are shocked that they make it.

I understand how the NFL draft works. Players are where you find them though even if it's not pretty.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Let it play out.
Lol at Brogdon. And some of you keep on dreaming . . . at this point we beat just pray we retain Oubre and that’s all folks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose