PFF QB Annual Rosen

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If banging on Rosen makes the Murray jock sniffers feel better, so be it.

Truth is no one here has a clue how their careers will turn out, only narratives to fit their opinions. Myself included.

My prediction is Rosen will be good to great, could be Matt Ryan-like, could be Cutler-like.

Murray will be one the best broken play QBs but will struggle in the pocket. Could be Russel Wilson-like, could be Bortles-like.

As soon as you typed Murray Jock Sniffers, you lost some credibility in this discussion. I do believe that Rosen could have a decent NFL career, but he'll have to be in the right situation to have it. How do you compare K1 to Bortles?? There couldn't be a greater disparity in their skill sets. Bortles is extremely inaccurate, both in the pocket & on the run. K1's accuracy is probably his greatest attribute. Only a horrific injury could derail Murray from the special category.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If banging on Rosen makes the Murray jock sniffers feel better, so be it.

Truth is no one here has a clue how their careers will turn out, only narratives to fit their opinions. Myself included.

My prediction is Rosen will be good to great, could be Matt Ryan-like, could be Cutler-like.

Murray will be one the best broken play QBs but will struggle in the pocket. Could be Russel Wilson-like, could be Bortles-like.
My personal take is that there is absolutely no chance that Rosen becomes an MVP level QB. Serviceable, Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill, or Josh McCown without any wheels whatsoever??? Sure.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
somewhere in March came to the conclusion that maybe the Cards after seeing a full year up close concluded that Rosen's ceiling was low / his odds of becoming a top 1/3 of the NFL qb were low

also, around draft time -- considered that much of the NFL watched film and concluded the same

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
somewhere in March came to the conclusion that maybe the Cards after seeing a full year up close concluded that Rosen's ceiling was low / his odds of becoming a top 1/3 of the NFL qb were low

also, around draft time -- considered that much of the NFL watched film and concluded the same

This is what I think. If their self scouting even remotely came to the conclusion that there was a good chance Rosen becomes a good QB, then they likely would have stuck with him.

There are more reasons to doubt Rosen today than on draft day. There was enough poor performance that was 100% on him and not on his supporting cast to doubt him more.

With that in mind, the Cardinals took the player that most likely represented a big upgrade. I expect that by the end of the season, Murray is going to start showing his potential.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is what I think. If their self scouting even remotely came to the conclusion that there was a good chance Rosen becomes a good QB, then they likely would have stuck with him.

There are more reasons to doubt Rosen today than on draft day. There was enough poor performance that was 100% on him and not on his supporting cast to doubt him more.

With that in mind, the Cardinals took the player that most likely represented a big upgrade. I expect that by the end of the season, Murray is going to start showing his potential.

I agree. But, it won't take until the end of the season to show his potential. By the end of September, he will have already flashed that potential.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Rosen’s value has been dropping since he declared for the draft. He’s a bad year on horrible team away from being a full blown journeyman.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

By the end of the season?! So Murray gets 16 games to start showing his potential and Rosen gets, what, 12 with the worst coaching staff in the NFL?

As always, caveat emptor on PFF stats. Rosen had fewer than 400 passing attempts last season; when you break out these areas of the field and situations, how bit is the sample size you’re really looking at?

No one thinks Rosen played well last year; this ground is as well-covered as the OU-Alabama game.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
By the end of the season?! So Murray gets 16 games to start showing his potential and Rosen gets, what, 12 with the worst coaching staff in the NFL?

As always, caveat emptor on PFF stats. Rosen had fewer than 400 passing attempts last season; when you break out these areas of the field and situations, how bit is the sample size you’re really looking at?

No one thinks Rosen played well last year; this ground is as well-covered as the OU-Alabama game.
I believe he's talking about his potential to be a truly great QB. Not a decent or good one, but a truly great one.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Agree.... but even with his production, I believe something lurks deeper than the game tape & box score.

I wont try and guess what it is..... But they didn't want it on their squad long term. And didn't want to commit 4 more year (and possibly and entire decade) to whatever that was. Attitude, Comportment, Leadership, Gravitas, work ethic, etc..... it HAS TO BE something.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Agree.... but even with his production, I believe something lurks deeper than the game tape & box score.

I wont try and guess what it is..... But they didn't want it on their squad long term. And didn't want to commit 4 more year (and possibly and entire decade) to whatever that was. Attitude, Comportment, Leadership, Gravitas, work ethic, etc..... it HAS TO BE something.
I'm very worried this team dumped Rosen and picked up Murray because of a perceived short term upgrade (i.e. "we need to win now" as opposed to thinking he was really worth the first pick. If the answer was "we're just unsure about Rosen," they should have signed a guy to compete or be a competent backup.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
I have moved on to Murray. Needed a change. This team would have been unwatchable without lightning in a bottle. Perhaps Murray is that. Either way, Keim needs to be out after next season. Low character

Have you met Steve? Had a beer with him? Witnessed first hand how he treats others?

You might want to walk that low character comment back if you’ve never been in a room with him.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this board is insufferable with this debate at this point.
For many moons, catching up on Cardinal issues was a high point of my day.

Now - factoring-in in the Rosen-Murray and Keim-bashing content - I'd rate this and most other Cardinal-related sites somewhere around #20 - #25 in "go-to" appeal. I don't blame anyone for expressing their views - it is what it is - but I do think the critical overklll is dragging this site down.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

@CardsSunsDbacks nailed what I meant.

Almost every QB who became good showed SOMETHING in their rookie year. Rosen didnt have a single objectively good game last year.

I expect that Murray will.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
For many moons, catching up on Cardinal issues was a high point of my day.

Now - factoring-in in the Rosen-Murray and Keim-bashing content - I'd rate this and most other Cardinal-related sites somewhere around #20 - #25 in "go-to" appeal. I don't blame anyone for expressing their views - it is what it is - but I do think the critical overklll is dragging this site down.
There's just not much else to talk about. The reality is that most Cardinals content from the media is going to revolve around KK, Kyler, and this offense until games are played, which is going to inspire the debate here.

I've honestly been trying to come up with other topics but I can't think of what else to touch on.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There's just not much else to talk about. The reality is that most Cardinals content from the media is going to revolve around KK, Kyler, and this offense until games are played, which is going to inspire the debate here.

I've honestly been trying to come up with other topics but I can't think of what else to touch on.

On Coaches Corner, Kugler stated that his wife makes the best tacos.

Discuss.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My personal take is that there is absolutely no chance that Rosen becomes an MVP level QB. Serviceable, Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill, or Josh McCown without any wheels whatsoever??? Sure.

Andy Dalton is exactly what I see

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's really hard to recover from most of your throws were to open receivers and you were the second worst in the NFL at accuracy to an open receiver. Also second worst in adjusted completion when drops count, tipped balls count, and being hit while throwing don't count.

It just wrecks the narrative of "none of it was on Josh"

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's really hard to recover from most of your throws were to open receivers and you were the second worst in the NFL at accuracy to an open receiver. Also second worst in adjusted completion when drops count, tipped balls count, and being hit while throwing don't count.

It just wrecks the narrative of "none of it was on Josh"
This wasn’t ever the narrative.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Have you met Steve? Had a beer with him? Witnessed first hand how he treats others?

You might want to walk that low character comment back if you’ve never been in a room with him.
SK had one hell of a draft, maybe the best one ever in Arizona? I have no idea why people continue to bash him? If it's because of his DUI then that's stupid? People make mistakes, he's just in a higher profile position than most which makes his mistake look worse. As long as it never happens again he should be fine. I couldn't have been happier with our draft. Well done SK.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose