Woj: Anthony Davis to Lakers

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I use predictive text autofill, I create professional legal documents the past 11 years and have a BA, so thanks old man, If you want me to show you how to use predictive text and quit using your typewriter and smoke signals, give me a ring. Your a grumpy cat oldman

You must be registered for see images attach

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
"There" or "their" for "they're"; "Your" for "you're". As well as
comments like "Him and me should have went".

Just because we have the benefits of laptops and smart phones,
etc., is that justification to disregard the long standing rules of
English grammar? Is that progress?

Spoken slang is bad enough. Written slang remains unprofessional.

When I was a kid, elementary school was also called grammar school,
because you learned grammar by the 6th grade.

You don't have to be a high school grad, let alone a college grad,
to have learned proper grammar and spelling.

Ya got it? :) ("Got" is past tense of "get". "Have" is possessive.)

Every time I hear the ballplayer's quote, "I got it.", I think . . . no, you
didn't. It's still up in the air. But I guess, "I'll get it." would be too much
of a cultural shock.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well Confucius, Bowere has taken over VP to help with James Jones, the Suns have Monty now as well, There letting the Basketball people make the Basketball decisions this year.
Ah the old “they’re letting basketball people make basketball decisions” BS that we’ve heard for years. Right up there with the ever present “I’m interested to see us get what we all want when the other shoe drops” BS this board constantly relies upon. Hello Charlie Brown, Lucy has a football for you to kick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
His “dashboard” numbers will always look great. They’re very important to him. The advanced stats last year tell a different story. Also the fact the culture sucked was partially his influence. His agent is riding the plane and trying to get the coach fired/ players traded. Frank Vogel is probably a dead man walking already.
Moving the goalposts. No one said a word about his impact on culture. Just talking his skills and abilities. Besides culture issues are gone with the whole team and his Paul buddy Davis onboard, as well as virtually a whole new team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jd=Journal degree?

I got my degree in Business. Just throwing that out there for no apparent reason.lol #nmsu #aggieup

I believe it's a law degree. No degree is required for modern journalism, evidently a 3rd grade education is preferred.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Moving the goalposts. No one said a word about his impact on culture. Just talking his skills and abilities. Besides culture issues are gone with the whole team and his Paul buddy Davis onboard, as well as virtually a whole new team.

Disagree with the latter and I alluded to why his stats last year don’t mean he was better because they were similar to his prime. Look at Nash’s stats in 2005 and 2011. It goes deeper than points, rebounds and assists.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think his inattention to defense started after his injury and worsened when his teammates started reacting to his connection to the trade rumors. But yes, the decline is coming.

Yeah that was a classic case of a team just quitting and it's probably why they wanted to move on from Walton even though it wasn't really his fault they quit.

There were all sorts of issues with the Lakers, the magic and Pelinka stuff. Persistent rumors about affairs involving players etc.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know a lot of people have annointed the Lakers as the favorites, but they massively deviated from their original plan of adding two max free agents to their young core.

Instead they gutted their young core and future draft capital for AD.

There are a lot of ways to build a championship team, and we've seen recent examples with Toronto and Golden State.

Has a team ever been successful with clearing capspace strategy for multiple max free agents? Maybe Miami was the only one, but they already had Wade.

Purging assets and talent to get under the cap, then following up with a roster gutting trade seems like a horrible strategy.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know a lot of people have annointed the Lakers as the favorites, but they massively deviated from their original plan of adding two max free agents to their young core.

There are a lot of ways to build a championship team, and we've seen recent examples with Toronto and Golden State.

Has a team ever been successful with clearing capspace strategy for multiple max free agents? Maybe Miami was the only one, but they already had Wade.

Purging assets and talent to get under the cap, then following up with a roster gutting trade seems like a horrible strategy.
You have to have some pieces to start or you just have two or three top guys than whoever else minimum contracts you can find. Miami was adding to what they had. Then they got a couple guys to join in. I am not sure it will be that easy to get guys to join in when other teams have max contracts available for the picking.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Lebron is 35 next year and there’s no guarantee they would’ve signed a FA. They didn’t trade for Paul George or Kawhi thinking they’d sign them the following summer. Also between the trade rumors and Lebron/agent undermining the team they had to shake up the roster. They gave up a lot but it was a no brainer. I’m not sure they completely gutted the roster anyway.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lebron is 35 next year and there’s no guarantee they would’ve signed a FA. They didn’t trade for Paul George or Kawhi thinking they’d sign them the following summer. Also between the trade rumors and Lebron/agent undermining the team they had to shake up the roster. They gave up a lot but it was a no brainer. I’m not sure they completely gutted the roster anyway.

They have 5 players under contract, Lebron, AD, Kuzma, Bonga, and Wagner. If that isn't gutting the roster then I don't know what is. Bonga and Wagner only saw time in 60 games between them and are basically minimum salary players. So they're left with 4 guys from last year after the deal for Davis, if that isn't gutting their roster then I don't know what is. They traded away everyone else that was under contract.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
They have 5 players under contract, Lebron, AD, Kuzma, Bonga, and Wagner. If that isn't gutting the roster then I don't know what is. Bonga and Wagner only saw time in 60 games between them and are basically minimum salary players. So they're left with 4 guys from last year after the deal for Davis, if that isn't gutting their roster then I don't know what is. They traded away everyone else that was under contract.

They’ll sign one more big name then add the min wage over the hill gang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They’ll sign one more big name then add the min wage over the hill gang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with that. I was questioning how GatorAZ said that he wasn't sure if they really gutted their roster. They have 1 starter and their 6th man returning next season, that's it. That's as gutted as a team has been in quite some time.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Yeah you’re right. Maybe cause they went from 7 players to 5 I didn’t look at it like a blowup but it’s hard to argue when you put it that way.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I understand the Lakers are trying to trade Bonga, Jemerrio Jones and Wagner for second round picks so they can clear a max slot so their roster may look more anemic than this.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think his inattention to defense started after his injury and worsened when his teammates started reacting to his connection to the trade rumors. But yes, the decline is coming.
Which makes me ask the question. Why did AD go to LA? Agent, girls, stars or wins.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which makes me ask the question. Why did AD go to LA? Agent, girls, stars or wins.

I think he really wants to win and his agent convinced him that LA was the place to make it happen. But IMO if Lebron was in New York, he'd have convinced him that the Big Apple was the place for him.