The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Wow the West is starting to break down. Now CP3 wants out due to clashes with Harden. His contract is absolutely immovable. He's owed 38.5M next year and 41.4M the following and 44.2m in his final year. What a mess!
Yep, Houston is stuck.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gambo said CP3 threw down the either he goes or I go line in relating to Harden.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo said CP3 threw down the either he goes or I go line in relating to Harden.

Heard that too. I’m keeping Harden hands down. There’s not even a thought about it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

does the genius realize NEITHER of them has the option of just going? these guys don't live in our universe.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Has anyone in the NBA ever voluntered to take a cut in salary just to move to a new team? I can't think of anyone. That's the only way this is happening. Just think the can of worms that would open up if it was allowed! :hairraise

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DAMN! John Wall is paid less than HALF of CP3 per year! A bargain! LMAO!

No, next year their salaries will both be 38 million.

It is the only possible trade I can see for Paul.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Holy Crap! The other site I was on ended at 2018/2019. You can't have a competitive team with all that money going to one guy!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Houston is on the hook for one less season.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Wall has bad wheels, and Paul is aging before our eyes. I don't know who wins in that trade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Celtics might lose both Kyrie and Horford.

Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania

The Boston Celtics are preparing for strong scenario that All-Stars Kyrie Irving and Al Horford will leave as free agents, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

4:37 PM - 18 Jun 2019

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Boston and Al Horford had discussed contract scenarios, but the gulf is too great for sides to believe they can close on a new deal now, league sources tell ESPN. Horford is prepared to enter the free agency to find a three or four year deal elsewhere.

4:39 PM - 18 Jun 2019

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lakers are trying to clear salary for a max slot by offering players.

Lakers are trying to expand Anthony Davis trade and create ability to open max salary slot on July 6, sources tell @BobbyMarks42 and me. Lakers offering contracts of Mo Wagner/Jemerrio Jones/Isaac Bonga to additional teams, so LA can satisfy CBA rules on creating $32M in space.

5:04 PM - 18 Jun 2019

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone else see that PJ Tucker has been invited to the USA Basketball Men's team this summer? He still has to make the team but an invite for him is big.

The way that USA Basketball has been run over the last 10 years or whatever it's been since the team ended up with the Bronze in the mid 2000's has been quite different but for the best. They actually try to field a real team rather than just inviting the top 15 players in the league that are eligible.

https://houseofhouston.com/2019/06/10/houston-rockets-rumors-p-j-tucker-usa-basketball-roster/

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lakers are trying to clear salary for a max slot by offering players.

Lakers are trying to expand Anthony Davis trade and create ability to open max salary slot on July 6, sources tell @BobbyMarks42 and me. Lakers offering contracts of Mo Wagner/Jemerrio Jones/Isaac Bonga to additional teams, so LA can satisfy CBA rules on creating $32M in space.

5:04 PM - 18 Jun 2019

why would anyone want to take those contracts off their hands? none of those guys can ball and the lakers don't have picks to try and sweeten the pot to have those guys taken off their hands.

Personally, I think going for the third big MAX deal is a dumb way of building that team. They have two SUPERSTARS, and a good 4th banana with Kuzma. They could spread the wealth with their 25 million in cap room and get two really good role players (maybe even 3), and then they can get the old vets dying for a title after that to round out the club.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why would anyone want to take those contracts off their hands? none of those guys can ball and the lakers don't have picks to try and sweeten the pot to have those guys taken off their hands.

Personally, I think going for the third big MAX deal is a dumb way of building that team. They have two SUPERSTARS, and a good 4th banana with Kuzma. They could spread the wealth with their 25 million in cap room and get two really good role players (maybe even 3), and then they can get the old vets dying for a title after that to round out the club.

I have a mild interest in Wagner but not for the Suns.

The Lakers mindset seems to acquire stars but I think Kuzma could be the third star. Maybe Lebron is partially behind the star movement, it's hard to know. Of course the Lakers have always been about stars.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Unless there's a specific player they want that will only sign a max deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson