200-1

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We just saw the St Louis Blues go from a 250-1 to win the cup. Looking at the NFL longshots, the Cardinals really standout as the team that could have any sort of outcome.

Cincinnati Bengals 100-1
Buffalo Bills 100-1
New York Giants 100-1
Detroit Lions 100-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 100-1
Washington Redskins 100-1
Tennessee Titans 100-1
Arizona Cardinals 200-1
Miami Dolphins 200-1

If you had to drop down $20 on a future bet, which longshot team are you taking to win it all?
2 different animals though. The Blues were successful thanks to 7 game series'. There were games where they were down right awful but then they bounced back(I don't believe they lost 2 games in a row during the playoffs). Not saying a team can't get hot down the stretch like we did in '08 but that's what it takes, a team getting hot but one off day and you're out. That said, the Giants stand the best chance thanks to playing in a somewhat average division. The Titans too for the same reason. What I find interesting are the Lions. Here they gave Stafford a big extension to be a 100-1 team?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
1. Yes. That's his current marker, unless your definition of success is a sub-.500 overall record.
2. Yes. Kyler is a project. Kyler was able to get away with a lot at OU based on sheer athleticism. The pro game will test his ability to read defenses and study for opponents. It's uncertain that this is a strength of his. If the benchmark or default comparison for Murray is Russell Wilson based on whatever metric people want to use, Russell is one of the most prepared, sharpest QBs in the game at the moment. Murray will have to replicate that. I also can't stress enough that the one year of being a full-time starter should not be discounted, even if he won the Heisman in his first year.

Sheer athleticism....The ignorance is overwhelming.

Murray is super prepared. He puts in a lot of work, which is why is mechanics are so good. That's what ALL of his teammates with Allen HS, OU, and now the Cardinals are saying. If he didn't prepare, why is Larry Fitzgerald saying that he knows the offense so well? It's not the exact same offense as what he ran at OU, but it's similar.

The nonsense and fake news from the Murray Derangement crowd is crazy.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Murray is super prepared. He puts in a lot of work, which is why is mechanics are so good. That's what ALL of his teammates with Allen HS, OU, and now the Cardinals are saying. If he didn't prepare, why is Larry Fitzgerald saying that he knows the offense so well? It's not the exact same offense as what he ran at OU, but it's similar.

Whatever, man. Just don’t get amped up because people have legit concerns about how he’s going to transition to the pros. And I’m not the deranged one. I’ve said on 1000 occasions that i don’t think he’s going to fail. Surprised people are still so sensitive about Murray criticism that they still can’t see the forest through the trees

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
1. I find that view to be myopic. Record doesn't always equal success. Just as having the best offense in the country (by rank.... multiple times) doesn't make him an offensive genius.
2. I 100%..... completely and undeniably disagree with that assessment. If Kyler is a project what was Logan Thomas when we drafted him?

This is why I have stopped mega-posting once we took Kyler....... Everyone's views will change once they see the dude own 5 year vets on the field. Will he make mistakes? Sure. Will he also leave multiple jaws on the grass a few times each game? Absolutely.
Record is pretty much the key indicator of success. The second indicator of success was KK not getting another college HC job.

There are so many college programs in the country, and this guy ended up being an OC for USC? It might work, and we might be the toast of the NFL, but there's really no way to twist a losing record and two winning seasons into anything but "failed."

Hopefully the reasons truly are recruitment challenges and defensive struggles that can be handled by Vance Joseph.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Fitz has said better things about worse players, and Kyler is way more familiar with this system, he said it himself. We frankly have no idea about Kyler's preparation now that he just has the one sport. It might be spectacular, and I hope it is. But guys like Russ are obsessive.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A fool and his money are soon parted

To say Vegas odds makers is off is beyond dumb

Look at every NBA game they’re within a point

Look at every MLB game and they’re within 1 run 99% of the time

NFL shocker the The Cards were dead last ,last year and y’all said Bradford and Wilks and DJ got a shot. When you gonna learn being a homer and betting does t work.

And they were dead on last year with the Cards getting 1st pick.

Reality isn’t what you want...but keep your money boys and girls for your family...betting with your heart is dumb.

why did I win 15-1 on the cards going to the super bowl?

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Kyler is a project then every QB to ever get drafted & will continue to get drafted was/is a project.
I wouldn't call Murray a project. My definition of a QB project is basically a guy with raw tools that will require a lot of coaching and time.

Murray is more of a boom or bust question mark in terms of....will his top shelf physical skills and unknown mental make up translate to the pro game or not?

Elite college skills guarantees nothing in the NFL.

JMO

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't call Murray a project. My definition of a QB project is basically a guy with raw tools that will require a lot of coaching and time.

Murray is more of a boom or bust question mark in terms of....will his top shelf physical skills and unknown mental make up translate to the pro game or not?

Elite college skills guarantees nothing in the NFL.

JMO
You don't draft projects with the #1 pick. An example of a project that came through here would be Logan Thomas.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
This team is stacked. 500-1, go soak your head. Peterson's suspension will hurt, but otherwise the defense will kick serious ass, and the offense will be the surprise of the league this year. 7 wins minimum, pending injuries.

I am loving your optimism.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are you really basing your impression of the potential of this year's upcoming offense on:

HC: Steve Wilks
OC: Mike McCoy and Byron Leftwich
QB: Josh Rosen
WR: Larry, Trent Sherfield, JJ Nelson
TE: Jermaine Gresham
RB: David Johnson and Chase Edmonds
LT: Korey Cunningham
LG: Colby Gossett
C: Mason Cole
RG: Oday Aboushi
RT: Joe Barksdale ?

Because if you are, I have some good news for you.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Are you really basing your impression of the potential of this year's upcoming offense on:

HC: Steve Wilks
OC: Mike McCoy and Byron Leftwich
QB: Josh Rosen
WR: Larry, Trent Sherfield, JJ Nelson
TE: Jermaine Gresham
RB: David Johnson and Chase Edmonds
LT: Korey Cunningham
LG: Colby Gossett
C: Mason Cole
RG: Oday Aboushi
RT: Joe Barksdale ?

Because if you are, I have some good news for you.

What is the relevance of this list?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
What is the relevance of this list?
I'm guessing the point is that most of that list is different this year. Which would imply that things will look much different this year than last year.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We just saw the St Louis Blues go from a 250-1 to win the cup. Looking at the NFL longshots, the Cardinals really standout as the team that could have any sort of outcome.

Cincinnati Bengals 100-1
Buffalo Bills 100-1
New York Giants 100-1
Detroit Lions 100-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 100-1
Washington Redskins 100-1
Tennessee Titans 100-1
Arizona Cardinals 200-1
Miami Dolphins 200-1

If you had to drop down $20 on a future bet, which longshot team are you taking to win it all?
The Blues are my hockey team, loved them winning the cup. With that said, I'd lay $100 on our Cardinals in a heartbeat compared to the other longshots on your list.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stout, no one can argue with your opinion. That's Vegas's opinion too & why we are 200-1. I also think we will be better, mainly because it'll almost be impossible not to be better. I just feel that the NFL & Vegas may not be able to gauge the Cardinals because of the KK/K1 combination. More likely, they won't compete for a playoff spot. But, still may be a worthwhile bet because of the odds.
I'm gonna say midseason we are still in the hunt for a wild card spot. Being extremely optimistic but I can see it happening, as long as we don't have any serious type injuries to players we can't afford to lose?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm guessing the point is that most of that list is different this year. Which would imply that things will look much different this year than last year.

Sure, but I didn't create the list and clearly wasn't basing my impression of the potential of this year's team on it, which made it irrelevant.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The Cards will be lucky to win 5 games. And it’s not because of Murray. It’s because of Kingsbury.
Perhaps the most under-qualified coach ever hired in the NFL.

Fired at his alma mater
Losing record when his predecessor never had a losing season.
No nfl coaching experience whatsoever.

Yep, tons of reasons to be optimistic.
I’ll have some of what Keim and Bidwill were having when they made that decision.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The Cards will be lucky to win 5 games. And it’s not because of Murray. It’s because of Kingsbury.
Perhaps the most under-qualified coach ever hired in the NFL.

Fired at his alma mater
Losing record when his predecessor never had a losing season.
No nfl coaching experience whatsoever.

Yep, tons of reasons to be optimistic.
I’ll have some of what Keim and Bidwill were having when they made that decision.
Kingsbury has always had good offenses and if he coaches a good offense here than he will likely be succesful. The defense has a good coordinator leading them and will likely be fine.

This isn't like his college teams that were piss poor on defense and he had to rely on scoring a ton of point to try and outscore the other team. If he leads a good offense here than he will win games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA