Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
OK, ready for the next big Gambo thing he said today? Suns could play Ayton at PF if they can get the right center! LOL!

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We already knew that.
I thought the Suns were still all in on Ayton is NOT a PF?

I think in the seventies Center meant something. That's where the money was. Now days with the all star voting just for bigs, I don't think it matters, unless the player is hung up on it. Seriously, Ayton reminds me more of Karl Malone than Wilt Chamberlain. I mean that in a complimentary way.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought the Suns were still all in on Ayton is NOT a PF?

I think in the seventies Center meant something. That's where the money was. Now days with the all star voting just for bigs, I don't think it matters, unless the player is hung up on it. Seriously, Ayton reminds me more of Karl Malone than Wilt Chamberlain. I mean that in a complimentary way.
That may have been the party line last summer, but it's obvious that we could interchange him with a big PF now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the Suns plan to keep the #6 pick and are not compelled to make any major trades.

Here are some excerpts from a Duane Rankin article:

"I’m comfortable staying there," Jones said Tuesday. "Not looking to trade it. I think there are more than six good players in this draft."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

“There’s no pressure to, you got to do something,” Jones said. “At the end of the day, if we didn’t believe Devin (Booker) or Deandre (Ayton) were foundation pieces, then we should be desperate and feel like we’ve got to make a move.”

"For us, the moves we have to make have to improve our team," Jones said. "They can’t set us back. To make a move for the sake to make a move is ridiculous. We’ll try to make moves. We’ll try to be aggressive. We will try to maximize the growth of this team, but we’re not going to compromise it."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ies-trades-but-dont-feel-pressure/1490750001/

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That may have been the party line last summer, but it's obvious that we could interchange him with a big PF now.
That would help things a lot for the Suns if we did get a good center. I think Ayton could be dominant at PF, and is less probable to be dominant at Center. A big 7 foot PF with a face up jumper like his would be hard to stop if pared with a power center that could play back to the basket. He would make a good bail out when guys drive to the basket and get stopped. Probably would not have to worry about Ayton playing away from the basket as much at PF and leaving the rim open on defense.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, ready for the next big Gambo thing he said today? Suns could play Ayton at PF if they can get the right center! LOL!

I guess this is where the possibility of drafting Hayes comes into play. The Suns could draft a center or power forward and fill their needs that way.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It looks like the Suns plan to keep the #6 pick and are not compelled to make any major trades.

Here are some excerpts from a Duane Rankin article:

"I’m comfortable staying there," Jones said Tuesday. "Not looking to trade it. I think there are more than six good players in this draft."

“There’s no pressure to, you got to do something,” Jones said. “At the end of the day, if we didn’t believe Devin (Booker) or Deandre (Ayton) were foundation pieces, then we should be desperate and feel like we’ve got to make a move.”

"For us, the moves we have to make have to improve our team," Jones said. "They can’t set us back. To make a move for the sake to make a move is ridiculous. We’ll try to make moves. We’ll try to be aggressive. We will try to maximize the growth of this team, but we’re not going to compromise it."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ies-trades-but-dont-feel-pressure/1490750001/

Exactly what he should say regardless of their mindset regarding #6. I’m still expecting Jones to throw a curveball on Thursday.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly what he should say regardless of their mindset regarding #6. I’m still expecting Jones to throw a curveball on Thursday.

I'm hoping the curve ball does not break into the dirt.

If the Suns draft Brandon Clarke at #6 it would be a reach. I worry about the Suns going this direction.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm hoping the curve ball does not break into the dirt.

If the Suns draft Brandon Clarke at #6 it would be a reach. I worry about the Suns going this direction.

If they take Clarke it means his outside shot has taken big strides in workouts. I think everyone is a reach so I’m not too worried about it. I wouldn’t be shocked if they took Reddish despite his underwhelming season.

Btw Sidery has his big board up:
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/...olidifying-the-most-up-and-down-class-scouted

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they take Clarke it means his outside shot has taken big strides in workouts. I think everyone is a reach so I’m not too worried about it. I wouldn’t be shocked if they took Reddish despite his underwhelming season.

Btw Sidery has his big board up:
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/...olidifying-the-most-up-and-down-class-scouted

That upped my concern about the Suns drafting Clarke early. I'm not sure how Clarke can help the Suns at power forward at 207 pounds.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That upped my concern about the Suns drafting Clarke early. I'm not sure how Clarke can help the Suns at power forward at 207 pounds.

Faried is only 220 and I know you're high on him. I don't see Clarke's weight being an issue. If he needs to add some more muscle then he should be able to without much of an issue. We're only talking about 10 pounds or so, which shouldn't be enough to pass on a player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Faried is only 220 and I know you're high on him. I don't see Clarke's weight being an issue. If he needs to add some more muscle then he should be able to without much of an issue. We're only talking about 10 pounds or so, which shouldn't be enough to pass on a player.

I would think Clarke would be mostly developed at 23.

If the Suns trade down and draft him I would feel better about it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second round picks for Warren and Jackson?

Evan Sidery‏ @esidery

Don't be surprised if Warren and Jackson are traded for nothing more than second-round picks. Suns will be selling both off at their lowest value following Warren's injury and Jackson's inconsistencies on/off the court. Majority of prospects who visited were in late 2nd range.

5:40 PM - 18 Jun 2019

Hopefully at least a late first round pick for Warren.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I guess this is where the possibility of drafting Hayes comes into play. The Suns could draft a center or power forward and fill their needs that way.
We had the Twin Towers. I remember Elvin Hayes and Wes Uns

Evan Sidery‏ @esidery

Don't be surprised if Warren and Jackson are traded for nothing more than second-round picks. Suns will be selling both off at their lowest value following Warren's injury and Jackson's inconsistencies on/off the court. Majority of prospects who visited were in late 2nd range.

At least a late first round pick for Warren.
OH Goodie! I would love to give Monty one season with Jackson.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had the Twin Towers. I remember Elvin Hayes and Wes Uns

I am always willing to to listen to new options.

OH Goodie! I would love to give Monty one season with Jackson.

I'd rather keep Jackson as well but the Suns may feel the need to dump salary.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Evan Sidery‏ @esidery

Majority of prospects who visited were well into the undrafted range. I am fearing we are about to see the effects of the lack of a scouting department.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Evan Sidery‏ @esidery

:barf:

I thought Sarver was supposed to be a savvy businessman. Selling low? On two assets. At your lowest point in franchise history. Sounds desperate.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am always willing to to listen to new options.

I'd rather keep Jackson as well but the Suns may feel the need to dump salary.
If they dump salary to land a collision I’ll be sick to my stomach. This wreaks of desperation. Expect really poor decisionmaking.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA