200-1

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rams are worse this season. Still a great team but worse. That is why I said 2nd place is open not 1st
Yeah i disagree on both counts (Rams and Seahawks). On paper neither team made a "splash" but they didn't get any worse. Two teams with a successful core system and players in place.

3rd place is open in the NFCW

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah i disagree on both counts (Rams and Seahawks). On paper neither team made a "splash" but they didn't get any worse. Two teams with a successful core system and players in place.

3rd place is open in the NFCW

The Seahawks lost Frank Clark, Doug Baldwin, Kam Chancellor, JR Sweezy, Earl Thomas, and Justin Coleman this off season

Just stop

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Seahawks lost Frank Clark, Doug Baldwin, Kam Chancellor, JR Sweezy, Earl Thomas, and Justin Coleman this off season

Just stop
Eh, they were still effective with Earl barely playing last season & Kam not even playing at all. Injuries caught up with Baldwin. Only big loss is Frank Clark.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, they were still effective with Earl barely playing last season & Kam not even playing at all. Injuries caught up with Baldwin. Only big loss is Frank Clark.

I think Baldwin is massive and they benefitted from the Cards and 49ers being down

I expect to split with the Seahawks this year. I don't see an appreciably better team

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seahwaks have lost a lot of guys in the last 6 years. They haven't bottomed out because of the core system i mentioned.

6 years ago the Seahawks were 13-3 and a super bowl contender

They have been 10-6, 9-7, and 10-6 the last 3 years.

Talent losses matter.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
6 years ago the Seahawks were 13-3 and a super bowl contender

They have been 10-6, 9-7, and 10-6 the last 3 years.

Talent losses matter.
Right. They've been pretty good despite the turnover because they have a stable core system in place. AZ and SF do not.

Sure talent loss matters, but it matters much less to a team who can seemingly plug and play when they lose talent.

You feel LA and SEA got worse because they lost a few high profile names. I get it. We disagree.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well LA still finishes 11-5 and wins the division

We will see about the Seahawks

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Vegas is wrong baby... time to break the bank. Hundred bucks nets 20K.
All we need is everyone to stay healthy.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Okay I will play this game.

Coaching - Better than last year. Wilkes was the worst coach I have ever seen here. HARD TO ARGUE EVEN IF KK SUCKS

QB - Better. Rosen was a disaster. It didn't matter who you replaced him with. Colt freaking McCoy was a stud compared to him YOU KNOW I WON'T AGREE HERE

RB - Same. No changes here but QBs that can scramble historically add a .5 YPC to their RB so David Johnson is going to have a great year. PUSH

WR - Better. This is suddenly a position of strength.YOU HOPE--UNPROVEN

TE - Better. Charles Clay is better than any TE we had last year--SLIGHTLY

OL - Better. 3 new starters and actual depth VERY UNPROVEN--NOTHING EARTH-SHATTERING

DL - Better. Philon is a big upgrade. Nkemdiche goes from starter to off the team--MEH

LB - Better. Hicks and Suggs versus Golden.--GRANTED

DB - Worse. Only because PP is an idiot and cost us 6 games. It's still close though because of Swearinger--GRANTED

Special Teams - Same--GRANTED

Rams got worse this off season.
Seahawks got dramatically worse
49ers improved

If the Cardinals can learn to play at 10 AM then the schedule isn't that difficult.--OH, IS THAT ALL? LO

I see a team that will win 7 games. Might win 9. Could compete for a WC.

And god forbid Murray is what @PACardsFan thinks he is...then this is going to be crazy. I am just assuming he is like QB 23.

Like I said, rose colored glasses. Will we be better? Hard to be worse, right. How much better? Not competing for the playoffs better, IMO.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Just because the cards got better doesn’t mean they got better than anyone else in the league. This is a 5 win team. SF got better and that’s not even counting jimmy G. I think we only win 1 division game. I’m throwing money on tenn and the skins. Skins collapsed after the smith injury but they were in position to win the division before that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Okay I will play this game.

Coaching - Better than last year. Wilkes was the worst coach I have ever seen here.

QB - Better. Rosen was a disaster. It didn't matter who you replaced him with. Colt freaking McCoy was a stud compared to him

RB - Same. No changes here but QBs that can scramble historically add a .5 YPC to their RB so David Johnson is going to have a great year.

WR - Better. This is suddenly a position of strength.

TE - Better. Charles Clay is better than any TE we had last year

OL - Better. 3 new starters and actual depth

DL - Better. Philon is a big upgrade. Nkemdiche goes from starter to off the team

LB - Better. Hicks and Suggs versus Golden.

DB - Worse. Only because PP is an idiot and cost us 6 games. It's still close though because of Swearinger

Special Teams - Same

Rams got worse this off season.
Seahawks got dramatically worse
49ers improved

If the Cardinals can learn to play at 10 AM then the schedule isn't that difficult.

I see a team that will win 7 games. Might win 9. Could compete for a WC.

And god forbid Murray is what @PACardsFan thinks he is...then this is going to be crazy. I am just assuming he is like QB 23.

Anytime you're wagering money, just make sure you can afford to lose it. I have a friend who put big money on the Blues when they had the worst record in January. He made crazy money on the wager. At these odds, I would put a couple hundred on the Cardinals. Not that I think they will win the SB, it's just the ultimate payout is worth losing the bet over. I've wasted $200 on worse than this. At this juncture, I have more faith in K1 than I do in KK. But combining them is intriguing. Could be a complete waste of money or could be a huge payout.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like I said, rose colored glasses. Will we be better? Hard to be worse, right. How much better? Not competing for the playoffs better, IMO.

Stout, no one can argue with your opinion. That's Vegas's opinion too & why we are 200-1. I also think we will be better, mainly because it'll almost be impossible not to be better. I just feel that the NFL & Vegas may not be able to gauge the Cardinals because of the KK/K1 combination. More likely, they won't compete for a playoff spot. But, still may be a worthwhile bet because of the odds.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
If I had to choose one off the list it would be the Titans. The Cardinals and Dolphins should be 500-1.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was 30-1...

I had $100 on that and $100 on 15-1 to win the NFC champs. Was the first time I'd bet on football officially and during our embarrassing slide before the playoffs.

Sent from MrYeahBut's phone using Tapatalk

I had gotten 40-1 for the Cardinals to win the 2008 Super Bowl. Would have won $800 if the had held on for 4 more minutes and won.

:cry:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
200-1? lol..

It's conceivable that the BA/Winston combo could catch fire, and they could win a bunch of games.

Is it possible that Kingsbury could catch lightning in a bottle using Murray and Johnson in some air raid based scheme, and that the Cardinals could sneak into the playoffs? From that point, anything could happen. :)

Fun to think about.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The Cardinals are ran by a failed college coach in his first season in the NFL and project rookie quarterback. There is no way in hell this team is making the playoffs.
Playoffs will be a tough task but.......

1. We are still on the failed coach soundbites?
  2. Project Quarterback?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Playoffs will be a tough task but.......

1. We are still on the failed coach soundbites?
  2. Project Quarterback?

1. Yes. That's his current marker, unless your definition of success is a sub-.500 overall record.
2. Yes. Kyler is a project. Kyler was able to get away with a lot at OU based on sheer athleticism. The pro game will test his ability to read defenses and study for opponents. It's uncertain that this is a strength of his. If the benchmark or default comparison for Murray is Russell Wilson based on whatever metric people want to use, Russell is one of the most prepared, sharpest QBs in the game at the moment. Murray will have to replicate that. I also can't stress enough that the one year of being a full-time starter should not be discounted, even if he won the Heisman in his first year.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
1. Yes. That's his current marker, unless your definition of success is a sub-.500 overall record.
2. Yes. Kyler is a project. Kyler was able to get away with a lot at OU based on sheer athleticism. The pro game will test his ability to read defenses and study for opponents. It's uncertain that this is a strength of his. If the benchmark or default comparison for Murray is Russell Wilson based on whatever metric people want to use, Russell is one of the most prepared, sharpest QBs in the game at the moment. Murray will have to replicate that. I also can't stress enough that the one year of being a full-time starter should not be discounted, even if he won the Heisman in his first year.
1. I find that view to be myopic. Record doesn't always equal success. Just as having the best offense in the country (by rank.... multiple times) doesn't make him an offensive genius.
2. I 100%..... completely and undeniably disagree with that assessment. If Kyler is a project what was Logan Thomas when we drafted him?

This is why I have stopped mega-posting once we took Kyler....... Everyone's views will change once they see the dude own 5 year vets on the field. Will he make mistakes? Sure. Will he also leave multiple jaws on the grass a few times each game? Absolutely.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If Kyler is a project then every QB to ever get drafted & will continue to get drafted was/is a project.

I don't disagree with this, but some are more pro ready than others. Andrew Luck is the epitome of a QB who was tailor-made for the NFL.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A fool and his money are soon parted

To say Vegas odds makers is off is beyond dumb

Look at every NBA game they’re within a point

Look at every MLB game and they’re within 1 run 99% of the time

NFL shocker the The Cards were dead last ,last year and y’all said Bradford and Wilks and DJ got a shot. When you gonna learn being a homer and betting does t work.

And they were dead on last year with the Cards getting 1st pick.

Reality isn’t what you want...but keep your money boys and girls for your family...betting with your heart is dumb.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose