Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo is saying Minnesota and Washington are the ones looking to move up. So I guess look at those teams

That is #9 and #11. Minnesota is interesting. Tyus Jones and the #11 for #6?

Jones exactly fits what Eddie Johnson was saying today

He said Atlanta also.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gambo is saying Minnesota and Washington are the ones looking to move up. So I guess look at those teams

Stats look good for Tyrus Jones, especially this last season. Missed some games. Injury?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tyus Jones will be a restricted free agent so it would likely be a sign and trade. I do like the options at #9 and #11.

It could be a fun draft.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Resigned Jones and the #11 for the #6 and Warren....

Fits the talk today of a package of the #6 and Warren / Jackson

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much conflicting information.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or you can trade the two players who don't have a place in rotation with Oubre and Bridges, and keep a huge expiring contract. Or stretch him later to sign a PF. Not advocating for either option, but trading Warren and JJ, along with a pick is not really a bad idea.

if he's a FA, why are you sacrificing anything to get him? Those guys you just mentioned could be assets to trade for a PF. If Russel WANTS to sign with us, that's a miracle in of itself. expecting a PF wants to do so also doesn't seem realistic to me.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ashley Nevel is also reporting she thinks the Suns are giving false information to the media.

This makes the most sense to me, because everything I've heard from the local media sounds stupid, and I don't want to believe our front office is being run by a bunch of idiots.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ashley Nevel is also reporting she thinks the Suns are giving false information to the media.

This makes the most sense to me, because everything I've heard from the local media sounds stupid, and I don't want to believe our front office is being run by a bunch of idiots.

Then hopefully Hunter is their guy, since he is the guy being mentioned least among the local sources.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Am I correct in keeping track at home - Gambo has reported we have no interest in anyone.

Just about.

Basically he has said the suns have interest in Thad Young, Collison, Beverley, Cory Joeseph, Dedmon, and a mild interest in Randle. For draft picks he has said the suns like White and Culver, and Clarke as a later pick.

He has shot down everything else pretty much.

This is why I am hoping Nevel is correct, because if our grand plan is to draft White, sign Corey Joeseph, and Dedmon the Suns will have failed.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Sarver stopped leaking info to Gambo years ago. He has no connections with the new FO. He is just doing what he does which is play the percentages and shoot down every Suns rumor from a national guy.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just about.

Basically he has said the suns have interest in Thad Young, Collison, Beverley, Cory Joeseph, Dedmon, and a mild interest in Randle. For draft picks he has said the suns like White and Culver, and Clarke as a later pick.

This is why I am hoping Nevel is correct, because if our grand plan is to draft White, sign Corey Joeseph, and Dedmon the Suns will have failed.

Worse than failed. They will have actually become worse than last year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Worse than failed. They will have actually become worse than last year.

No, they would not be worse than last year that is ridiculous.

We would still have all the same players that matter, with an upgrade at backup center. An offseason for Booker, Ayton, Bridges, Melton, and Okobo to improve, and have what should be an improvement in our coaching staff.

There is virtually no way that team is worse - although playing Coby White would probably make us worse at that position.
But the improvement would not be anywhere near what it should be.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No, they would not be worse than last year that is ridiculous.

We would still have all the same players that matter, with an upgrade at backup center. An offseason for Booker, Ayton, Bridges, Melton, and Okobo to improve, and have what should be an improvement in our coaching staff.

There is virtually no way that team is worse - although playing Coby White would probably make us worse at that position.
But the improvement would not be anywhere near what it should be.

I think you're underestimating how bad playing Coby White and especially Cory Joseph will make this team. I maintain that Joseph is one of the few free agent point guards who would be a downgrade from Okobo and Melton (and in fact more of a downgrade than any upgrade we would get from Holmes to Dedmon).

Meanwhile, we would still be without a starting NBA point guard or power forward and therefore would have an increasingly frustrated Booker, not to mention a continued malcontent in Warren.

It would be an absolute disaster.

That can't be the plan. It just can't.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just about.

I'm not sure Tyler Johnson would not be the starter if the Suns add Joseph and White. Of course that leaves Melton and Okobo. The Suns can't keep everyone.

It's not the most exciting but I could live with it if the Suns keep Oubre.

This leaves a hole at power forward.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not sure Tyler Johnson would not be the starter if the Suns add Joseph and White. Of course that leaves Melton and Okobo. The Suns can't keep everyone.

It's not the most exciting but I could live with it if the Suns keep Oubre.

This leaves a hole at power forward.

It leaves a gaping hole at power forward, as well as at point guard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It leaves a gaping hole at power forward, as well as at point guard.

I'm not as worried about point guard as much with the above as I am power forward. Maybe the Suns can add a player like Faried.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you're underestimating how bad playing Coby White and especially Cory Joseph will make this team. I maintain that Joseph is one of the few free agent point guards who would be a downgrade from Okobo and Melton (and in fact more of a downgrade than any upgrade we would get from Holmes to Dedmon).

Meanwhile, we would still be without a starting NBA point guard or power forward and therefore would have an increasingly frustrated Booker, not to mention a continued malcontent in Warren.

It would be an absolute disaster.

That can't be the plan. It just can't.

I agree with you on Joseph - he sucks. I would not sign him for the minimum, because Tyler Johnson is superior, and with some luck Okobo and Melton could be too.

I don't think that is really the plan either - the Suns can't be that incompetent.