Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going defense as the other quality. I think from what I read White AND Garland lack defensively. That's why I have been warming to guys like Ball, Beverly, etc. Back in the day, Maurice Cheeks was a wicked defensive PG, and that worked for the Sixers who always had scoring from the two guard, forward and center spots.

Like I said, there are a lot of skills I'd want to see but at least with a good handle and good speed, there's a chance they can develop the other skills you'd want to see - especially on defense.

IMO, in today's game, you need to have at least 4 scoring threats on the court so if you've using a defense only guard such as Ball you're limited what you can do elsewhere. And it's especially a problem because today's rules are designed to give an advantage on offense that is unavailable to anyone else on the court and with someone like Lonzo, you're wasting that advantage.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how far the Suns could move up from the second round packaging #32 and the Bucks pick.

Maybe good enough to draft someone who falls near the end of the first round perhaps like Grant Williams.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

-AZ Sports

-Cleveland.com

Looks like Cavs have interest in Garland before us.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

- Cleveland.com

Pelicans looking to move out of the 4th spot possibly.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns are being really transparent that they don't want Garland. Eddie Johnson was just on the radio saying that the Suns don't want to draft a teenager or someone with little starting experience.

Doesn't White fall into that category as well?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Doesn't White fall into that category as well?
Yep! Who knows what is really going on. If Hunter is available, or Culver, we may "stun" everyone and not draft PG. This draft first round will be all over the map starting with the fourth pick. White should be available at our pick, so we will find out!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yep! Who knows what is really going on. If Hunter is available, or Culver, we may "stun" everyone and not draft PG. This draft first round will be all over the map starting with the fourth pick. White should be available at our pick, so we will find out!

Hunter remains my preference. We need a veteran point guard, not a 19 year old who will take 3-4 years to develop.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of talk about trading back and taking Clarke today on the radio.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Any thoughts about what the Suns would get in return for a trade down.
Kind of my general observations, I think there is better talent overall with bigs as a group. I also see a lot of shooters that may not get drafted at all. Seems like if you need an end of the bench shooter, or your G league team needs shooting, this is a good year to pick up that skill. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of ball handlers in this draft class. If you maove back, I think you can pick up big man talent. Just seems like we are talking more bigs than guards this year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So what does everyone think of the shams talk the suns are looking to trade the #6 Jackson and Warren as a package. This sounds to me like a sign and trade for Russell.

This is a no brainer for the Nets unless someone offers more - and a no brainer for the suns. I want this to happen.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Gambo is saying we probably won't take Garland mainly just because he is a Rich Paul client.

If that is true it is assinine. Paul is not going away - you have to learn to deal with him. For gods sake take the better player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Gambo is saying we probably won't take Garland mainly just because he is a Rich Paul client.

If that is true it is assinine. Paul is not going away - you have to learn to deal with him. For gods sake take the better player.

man, I hope this isn't true. if they believe he's the better player and they pass, they just look like and are freaking amateurs. Paul is a big part of the business. You have to learn to deal with it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo is like the Lakers were almost ready to blow up the Anthony Davis trade to keep 4 because Garland looked so good in their workout.

But in the next breath he's like Garland is not that good - is he really this stupid?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what does everyone think of the shams talk the suns are looking to trade the #6 Jackson and Warren as a package. This sounds to me like a sign and trade for Russell.

This is a no brainer for the Nets unless someone offers more - and a no brainer for the suns. I want this to happen.

I think if deAngelo really wants to come here, that deal is asinine because he's a FA. Stretch Tyler Johnson and you can keep all those assets AND sign Russel... which means then you still have the rest of the above as either depth or as assets to make a move for a PF.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
man, I hope this isn't true. if they believe he's the better player and they pass, they just look like and are freaking amateurs. Paul is a big part of the business. You have to learn to deal with it.

Yeah now he is going like, you have to worry Paul will just move all his guys to the big markets, so it may not be worth taking a chance.

Does gambo really not understand the player is the one who decides where he wants to play?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think if deAngelo really wants to come here, that deal is asinine because he's a FA. Stretch Tyler Johnson and you can keep all those assets AND sign Russel... which means then you still have the rest of the above as either depth or as assets to make a move for a PF.

I totally disagree. We need to move Jackson and Warren for cap space to sign him anyway - and I doubt we could get anything to do that - we might have to give up a pick to dump their salaries.

The #6 pick to guarentee we get DLO is just fine with me.

We would still have enough left over to sign Oubre and someone like Thad Young.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Or you can trade the two players who don't have a place in rotation with Oubre and Bridges, and keep a huge expiring contract. Or stretch him later to sign a PF. Not advocating for either option, but trading Warren and JJ, along with a pick is not really a bad idea.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Not ALL players can play in big markets. There's only so many max slots for each team. It's a pecking order basically. I think if you are the Suns and you have a shot at a player who has the talent level of a Russel, you basically take it no matter who his agent is, because at the end of the day, you have a guy with talent interested in your market, giddy up!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts about what the Suns would get in return for a trade down.

Gambo is saying Minnesota and Washington are the ones looking to move up. So I guess look at those teams

That is #9 and #11. Minnesota is interesting. Tyus Jones and the #11 for #6?

Jones exactly fits what Eddie Johnson was saying today

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave