Woj: Anthony Davis to Lakers

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It would have been interesting for sure to see how Lebron could have fared in New Orleans. I suspect the Pelicans would have been much better but how much is unknown. At some point, Anthony Davis should surpass Lebron as being the best player on the Lakers team. It will be engaging to watch.
Wouldn't that be this season? Lebron did not look that good this year. I know Lebron has the ego to be the big dog. I am not sure AD would have the guts to declare he is the leader and that's his team. AD seems like he's content to just be a player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be this season? Lebron did not look that good this year. I know Lebron has the ego to be the big dog. I am not sure AD would have the guts to declare he is the leader and that's his team. AD seems like he's content to just be a player.

I'm not ready to go there yet. Lebron is still the straw that stirs the drink. It's up to AD to surpass him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are we talking about the same Lebron? He looked great, especially for his age. And he had that motley collection of kids, has beens and never weres playing like a solid playoff team until his injury. They were 20-14 when he went out after the Xmas game and the team went 6-11 with him missing. Then he returned and the rumors started flying especially once the Davis trade demand surfaced and that was all she wrote. But that wasn't the fault of Lebron the player (Lebron the control freak might be a different story).

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm,

Points Last season 27.4
Points career avg 27.2

Rebounds last season 8.5
Rebounds career 7.4

Assists last year 8.3
Assist career 7.2

All other stats pretty spot on to career averages.

So he was BETTER last year.

Yes he was injured mid-year. But when he was shut down at years end that was just full tank bc he had no one left to play with with Ingram and ball shut down.

His numbers were good, but he was a turnstile on defense and his body broke down. He is 34, the decline is coming.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm,

Points Last season 27.4
Points career avg 27.2

Rebounds last season 8.5
Rebounds career 7.4

Assists last year 8.3
Assist career 7.2

Yes he was injured mid-year. But when he was shut down at years end that was just full tank bc he had no one left to play with with Ingram and ball shut down.

True.

His numbers were good, but he was a turnstile on defense and his body broke down. He is 34, the decline is coming.

Also true.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am AMAZED Lebron's numbers are that good. When you watched the Lakers last year, especially the loses, it didn't appear Lebron was a factor at all in the games. Not like when he was younger and do a couple defensive gems, combined with power dunks and threes and turn a game around in just s few minutes. I remember thinking in some of those games, Lebron is going to turn it on any minute now, and time would run out and the Lakers would lose. I distinctly remember thinking he was finally showing his age.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh it’s certainly coming. But to state it’s here or that it will be rapid is missing the point that he’s a freaking freak of nature to epic proportions. His steps down are still going to be top 10-15 player worthy for at least 2-3 (who knows maybe more) years. Not only is he not a normal human being, but he’s not a normal professional athlete.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am AMAZED Lebron's numbers are that good. When you watched the Lakers last year, especially the loses, it didn't appear Lebron was a factor at all in the games. Not like when he was younger and do a couple defensive gems, combined with power dunks and threes and turn a game around in just s few minutes. I remember thinking in some of those games, Lebron is going to turn it on any minute now, and time would run out and the Lakers would lose. I distinctly remember thinking he was finally showing his age.
I think when he realized that pupu platter of kids and misfit vets weren’t going to win he lost a lot of interest. I suspect for Lebron it’s about playing for championships or nothing at this point in his career. Otherwise it’s just stacking stats for “all-time” arguments. There were games where he seemed checked out. And there were games where I just couldn’t believe how a dude his age could still just totally dominate.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think his inattention to defense started after his injury and worsened when his teammates started reacting to his connection to the trade rumors. But yes, the decline is coming.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Katie Nolan (@katienolan)
6/17/19, 9:18 AM
lol lavar just said on first take that the reason he said he didn’t want the lakers to send lonzo to the pelicans is because he DID want them to. “I was playing chess,” he says, which is famously not something a person playing chess would say.
Lavar and Stephen A....:barf:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Houston team...? :shrug:

Report: The Rockets Are All Fed Up With Each Other

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...up-with-each-other/ar-AAD1bQa?ocid=spartanntp

I like the purported quote from the above linked article.

“Chris wants to coach James,” says a source familiar with the stars’ dynamic. “James looks at him like, ‘You can’t even beat your man. Just shut up and watch me.’”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...up-with-each-other/ar-AAD1bQa?ocid=spartanntp

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Okay Descartes you realize (a) that just because they might (and none of us knows the truth of any of these rumors) be trying, doesn’t mean it will succeed; and (b) “your plan” is aligned with that of MenSa-rver and his merry group of idiots that have given us the worst years of the suns existence. Congratulations I think you just proved that I won this debate.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Okay Descartes you realize (a) that just because they might (and none of us knows the truth of any of these rumors) be trying, doesn’t mean it will succeed; and (b) “your plan” is aligned with that of MenSa-rver and his merry group of idiots that have given us the worst years of the suns existence. Congratulations I think you just proved that I won this debate.

Well Confucius, Bowere has taken over VP to help with James Jones, the Suns have Monty now as well, There letting the Basketball people make the Basketball decisions this year.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Well Confucius, Bowere has taken over VP to help with James Jones, the Suns have Monty now as well, There letting the Basketball people make the Basketball decisions this year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i fear this whole debate is a harbinger of how boring this entire offseason is going to be.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Hmm,

Points Last season 27.4
Points career avg 27.2

Rebounds last season 8.5
Rebounds career 7.4

Assists last year 8.3
Assist career 7.2

His “dashboard” numbers will always look great. They’re very important to him. The advanced stats last year tell a different story. Also the fact the culture sucked was partially his influence. His agent is riding the plane and trying to get the coach fired/ players traded. Frank Vogel is probably a dead man walking already.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His “dashboard” numbers will always look great. They’re very important to him. The advanced stats last year tell a different story. Also the fact the culture sucked was partially his influence. His agent is riding the plane and trying to get the coach fired/ players traded. Frank Vogel is probably a dead man walking already.

I think "LeBron the cancer" is overblown. That team had a "whos who" of NBA knuckleheads that, from all reports, LeBron had very little to do with constructing.

I agree that Vogel is a dead man walking, but probably because Kidd has already picked out his favorite knife.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Confucius asks you to use "they're" correctly before he's willing to take you seriously.

I use predictive text autofill, I create professional legal documents the past 11 years and have a BA, so thanks old man, If you want me to show you how to use predictive text and quit using your typewriter and smoke signals, give me a ring. Your a grumpy cat oldman

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use predictive text autofill, I create professional legal documents the past 11 years and have a BA, so thanks old man, If you want me to show you how to use predictive text and quit using your typewriter and smoke signals, give me a ring. Your a grumpy cat old man

You're :) :cool: BIM

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I use predictive text autofill, I create professional legal documents the past 11 years and have a BA, so thanks old man, If you want me to show you how to use predictive text and quit using your typewriter and smoke signals, give me a ring. Your a grumpy cat oldman

I dont think someone with a JD is going to be impressed that you have a BA.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jd=Journal degree?

I got my degree in Business. Just throwing that out there for no apparent reason.lol #nmsu #aggieup

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA