Delay of game in Arizona Cardinals training camp annoucement

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think they are walking a tight rope here if they severely limit or decide to closed completely training camp from the public. I mean seriously once you start pre season games you are going to be showing your offense anyhow so why close practices? Every team in the league has enough personnel to view and review taped pre season games and pick them apart.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they are walking a tight rope here if they severely limit or decide to closed completely training camp from the public. I mean seriously once you start pre season games you are going to be showing your offense anyhow so why close practices? Every team in the league has enough personnel to view and review taped pre season games and pick them apart.

Not if you don't show anything in the preseason games.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ehh. If this means more possible wins in the regular season because of the lack of information being released then I'm all for it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I also miss the Flagstaff days. Not a bad drive from Vegas, great weather, great accessibility, good to do over a weekend or something... now there's no way I'm making it to Phoenix to go watch practice.

As far as camp goes though, I never really have understood why teams make it public. You'd think it would be top secret. I really wonder if we're going to come shooting out of the gate with this mysterious offense and take the world by storm though. It'd be absolutely cool if it happens, but also disappointing if we come out flat.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also miss the Flagstaff days. Not a bad drive from Vegas, great weather, great accessibility, good to do over a weekend or something... now there's no way I'm making it to Phoenix to go watch practice.

As far as camp goes though, I never really have understood why teams make it public. You'd think it would be top secret. I really wonder if we're going to come shooting out of the gate with this mysterious offense and take the world by storm though. It'd be absolutely cool if it happens, but also disappointing if we come out flat.

We made it our summer vacation.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bob McManaman (@azbobbymac)
6/18/19, 3:30 PM
Still awaiting word from Arizona Cardinals on when training camp begins at State Farm Stadium and how many practices will be open to the public. Last year, there were less than 10. The announcement came on June 1.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I see this as a "being caught in the middle" situation. While I can't wait to read about the open practices, I, also, would like to surprise the NFL with the KK offense. I'll go with whatever the team thinks is best.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is getting play on Burns and gambo tiday

Sent from MrYeahBut's phone using Tapatalk

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Does it scare anyone else that we are “worried” about teams seeing the offense. How the hell is this system supposed to last the next 5 years if we are worried about teams seeing open practice on training camp. Just comes off as them being scared that maybe it is just a gimmick like chip kellys offense was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No teams in the NFL show the offense they're gonna run during preseason games, they all run basic/vanilla plays. This may be so no one can get any knowledge of the actual offense they intend to run? We need every advantage we can get this yr, so we can maybe surprise some teams with things they haven't seen before.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it scare anyone else that we are “worried” about teams seeing the offense. How the hell is this system supposed to last the next 5 years if we are worried about teams seeing open practice on training camp. Just comes off as them being scared that maybe it is just a gimmick like chip kellys offense was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in the slightest. There are only 16 possible wins in the NFL. If you can get a tangible edge on 1 or 2 of them you do it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be way more concerned if Kingsbury was just cavalier about it.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
No teams in the NFL show the offense they're gonna run during preseason games, they all run basic/vanilla plays. This may be so no one can get any knowledge of the actual offense they intend to run? We need every advantage we can get this yr, so we can maybe surprise some teams with things they haven't seen before.

Their vanilla offense is their base formations which they will run variations off of. If you aren't going to run your base offense then why even play pre-season games? The idea of pre-season games is to run your offense under live conditions. If Klingsbury isn't going to do that then how will they even have any idea of what will work and what won't No matter how much you run them in practice it's still not the same as doing it under live game conditions. What are they going to do, run a different offense in the pre-season games and then introduce the real one once regular games start?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, we are forfeiting all 4 preseason games to hide our offense. It worked last year.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is only the Detroit game that matters. And if the Lions want an inside look at the Arizona offense, all they have to do is to claim one of the Cardinals' QB's who is cut prior to the season, and pick his brains. JMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA