OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am going to miss this game.
I will be on the road. I am heading home around game time. Yippe!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bradley gets the start for ARZ according to AZ Central. Not a big deal IMO, TB often starts RP in games.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, whatever progress Archie was making, however minimal, is now ancient history. Torey has officially ruined Archie with this start. THIS is why Godley needed to start today.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Archie
No bueno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Archie's pitching arm . . . and pitch selection.

It's time to promote him to the D-backs public relations department.

"Now appearing at a Fry's or Basha's near you. Former pitcher Archie Bradley."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Couldn't get much worse.

This team just can't handle the least bit of success.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ronin you picked a good game to miss. Can we just forfeit the game and fly home?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Why did he start Archie? Makes no sense.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why did he start Archie? Makes no sense.

Particularly when he then put in Godley, who is used to starting but not used to coming into a game that early or with inherited runners, after 4 outs.

Lovullo ruined two pitchers at once by pulling a switcheroo on their respective roles. It's like Lovullo gets some sort of enjoyment from taking his players out of their comfort zones and messing with their psyche.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB)
6/16/19, 3:37 PM
#Dbacks mgr Torey Lovullo when asked if Archie Bradley was tipping his pitches: "We’ve looked at him, we’ve examined as much as we possibly can. I think at one point in time he was, but that’s a good question. That’s a very valid question. We’re always watching for that."

thrustrev

Reaction score
meanwhile, Sherfy religates his time in the minors during these important games.

Shouldn't it be best man for the job?

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm pretty tired of Lovullo. His buddy buddy system with select players won't work. We need someone who demands better and has to battle for their position in the team. How many shots is Bradley going to get? There's better players in triple A and he has promised play time to his buddies. Sherfy deserves a position better than Bradley, but cause people recognize Bradley he gets play time. His stupid mandatory days off do nothing but kill any momentum a player is feeling. That's why you get months like May where lineups go cold

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
meanwhile, Sherfy religates his time in the minors during these important games.

Shouldn't it be best man for the job?
That would require a manager who has an open mind.

Sadly, ours does not.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Particularly when he then put in Godley, who is used to starting but not used to coming into a game that early or with inherited runners, after 4 outs.

Lovullo ruined two pitchers at once by pulling a switcheroo on their respective roles. It's like Lovullo gets some sort of enjoyment from taking his players out of their comfort zones and messing with their psyche.
I agree with this. I don't know what TL was thinking. I listened to 98.7 today and he kept saying WE decided to do this. Well, HE is the Manager and needs to decide who starts and comes in later. Let Hazen bring in players, but let TL make the game day decisions. I scoffed at the notion of Bradley starting and it got as bad as it could get from there. It turned out horrible.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with this. I don't know what TL was thinking. I listened to 98.7 today and he kept saying WE decided to do this. Well, HE is the Manager and needs to decide who starts and comes in later. Let Hazen bring in players, but let TL make the game day decisions. I scoffed at the notion of Bradley starting and it got as bad as it could get from there. It turned out horrible.

No GM worth his salt won't be a part of that decision making process. I also assume the "we" would include Butcher and possibly to a lesser extent Bullpen coach and even the pitchers themselves

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave