Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched some taco highlights he looks ok but he plays soft

Wouldn't be upset if suns got him let him develop in d lg a while you can't teach height.
I accidentally clicked into this thread and it took me to this post. All I have to say is, "mmmm, soft tacos". I'll back out now. :)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, why bother? If you spend 2 hours on a workout and another 30 minutes to get to know the player, why waste the time in the 2-hour workout?

The staff is talking to the player during the workout too.

But yes, I think workouts alone are virtually useless. If the staff wasn't there talking to the player and personally putting him through the drills and instead just watching video of workouts I'd say they're 100% trash. So, when proximo said that Reddish looks like a star in the workout videos he has seen it doesn't do anything to alter my view of Reddish being a bust.

And specifically to Reddish... he plays away from contact, can't shoot with a defender near him and has a bad habit of throwing the ball to the wrong team. It's not surprising that when all the factors that make him struggle are removed that he might look better. Because workouts are not basketball and tell you next to nothing about how a guy will preform in a real game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Again, why bother? If you spend 2 hours on a workout and another 30 minutes to get to know the player, why waste the time in the 2-hour workout?
I think the workouts are more to confirm existing thoughts about a player. If you’re relying on a two hour workout to convince you a player is more than he showed in 36 games at 30 minutes/game you’re in the wrong business.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think the workouts are more to confirm existing thoughts about a player. If you’re relying on a two hour workout to convince you a player is more than he showed in 36 games at 30 minutes/game you’re in the wrong business.

And yet that is precisely what happened when McDonough drafted Len, Ennis, Chriss, Bender and Reed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have DraftExpress? Apparently there is quite a bit of movement in the draft per their mock.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tankathon now has Culver, Hunter, Garland and White going 4-7 respectively.

SunsFanFirst

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the Suns want Garland which is why we are seeing all the White interest. I dont know what the obsession is about White. I just did not see lotto pick in the tourney. His performance against Auburn was unmemorable.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DraftExpress has White going #6 in their latest mock.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
OK, seriously, I am starting to feel Evan Sidery just posts what HE wants to happen. Not actually what is being reported. There were a couple time over the last week that Gambo's sources refuted certain things being reported. Even reported that. Then even later on reported what was refuted as something the Suns are considering. No named sources, just Suns are going to do X, after having reported that Gambo said Suns are not doing X. I am starting to believe the opposite of what Evan Sidery is reporting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, seriously, I am starting to feel Evan Sidery just posts what HE wants to happen. Not actually what is being reported. There were a couple time over the last week that Gambo's sources refuted certain things being reported. Even reported that. Then even later on reported what was refuted as something the Suns are considering. No named sources, just Suns are going to do X, after having reported that Gambo said Suns are not doing X. I am starting to believe the opposite of what Evan Sidery is reporting.

I was using Sidery's tweet to covey the current mock on DraftExpress.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of attributes you'd want to see in a guard that will be paired with Booker but there are 2 that are essential IMO. Speed (quickness) is one of them and White certainly has that but the second thing is excellent ball handling skills and White is sorely lacking in that area.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
OK, seriously, I am starting to feel Evan Sidery just posts what HE wants to happen. Not actually what is being reported.

Of course, the same could be said for Gambo.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still, the last couple of weeks I am starting to wonder about Evan Sidery as a source.

I use Sidery as a solid conveyor of NBA news and he brings food for thought.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another report the Suns might shop the 6th pick coming from Shams Charania via Evan Sidery.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
There are a lot of attributes you'd want to see in a guard that will be paired with Booker but there are 2 that are essential IMO. Speed (quickness) is one of them and White certainly has that but the second thing is excellent ball handling skills and White is sorely lacking in that area.
I was going defense as the other quality. I think from what I read White AND Garland lack defensively. That's why I have been warming to guys like Ball, Beverly, etc. Back in the day, Maurice Cheeks was a wicked defensive PG, and that worked for the Sixers who always had scoring from the two guard, forward and center spots.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Suns would need a player, likely a starter in return.

I think Warren and Jackson could be moved for lesser assets, i.e., second round picks without including #6.
I don't know about Jackson, but I am amazed Warren with his three point shooting, isn't a more tradable asset. Like you said, even without the #6 pick, you can add a three point shooter that is a 3/4 for $11 million a season for the next three years? You would think that would be a plus for a playoff team?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about Jackson, but I am amazed Warren with his three point shooting, isn't a more tradable asset. Like you said, even without the #6 pick, you can add a three point shooter that is a 3/4 for $11 million a season for the next three years? You would think that would be a plus for a playoff team?

Warren should be worth a first round pick or a trade asset.

Jackson could be moved for second round pick(s) if the Suns want to dump salary.

I'd like for the Suns to keep Jackson to see if he improves under Monty Williams.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Warren should be worth a first round pick or a trade asset.

Jackson could be moved for second round pick(s) if the Suns want to dump salary.

I'd like for the Suns to keep Jackson to see if he improves under Monty Williams.
Me, too on JJ. I don't think the minimal salary dump you get from him is worth the potential you still have if the light bulb goes on. JJ has shown some games where he plays within himself and he is excellant. He just needs more consistency of play that way.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns would need a player, likely a starter, in return.

I think Warren and Jackson could be moved for lesser assets, i.e., second round picks without including #6.
What about Warren and 6 for Ball and 4?

Last edited: